Options

Pillars of [chat]

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm miffed she was rewarded with a reality TV show.

We live in a world where Snookie and the Kardashians are fucking stars.

So?

Like, should fame be only the domain of the elites?

I think fame should be the domain of the talented or good spirited, not the wastes of society. Being famous for getting drunk every night is kind of dumb.

Not much more dumb than being famous for killing a lot of people or making a lot of money

Indeed.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

So?

I think fame should be the domain of the talented or good spirited, not the wastes of society. Being famous for getting drunk every night is kind of dumb.

I dunno, but calling people "the wastes of society" is pretty damn judgmental.
    Who are you to say who should be sacrificed to the Volcano? You're not the high priest.

wait, where can I apply to be high priest?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh boy, Wolfie (a guy who freelances for the Stern Show) went to the midnight release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

This will be good.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Depends how you made that money. If it was for talent in your chosen profession well that talent naturally bestows some kind of fame with the fortune. If it was for being a trust fund kid...

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Whoa someone copied game informer? The fucking gall.
    I don't think gaming magazines have their own concept artists.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mmmm, dis beer is pretty good.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Fame can be both positive and negative.

Though recognition should only be handed to people who actually do something worthwhile. If people think Snookie and Kardashian does something worthwhile in their world view then they are free to give them recognition. That enough people think so, that one of them gets an award for anything is a sign of society rather than them.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I love the way the writers on Would I Lie To You give David Mitchell lies to tell that are completely believable but tailored to his public personality.

"I once abandoned the purchase of an armchair after the salesperson used the terms 'Well Gel and 'Amazeballs'".

• Options

So?

Who are you to say who should be sacrificed to the Volcano? You're not the high priest.

I am me? People are judgmental and that's that. What counts is what you're judging people on - their substance as an individual or shallow shit like race. I prefer to be critical of people for who they are and if they're decent or bad examples.

I don't have time for idealism, I'm not a teenager anymore. I'm fine being fair to people when there's room to but really, if you want to justify what's interesting about getting drunk every night and why someone should be rewarded for it I'm all ears!

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Whoa someone copied game informer? The fucking gall.
    I don't think gaming magazines have their own concept artists.
    I was being facetious.

Because game informer is a butt that only survives thanks to GameStop like who reads game magazines these days like getting your current news from a quarterly.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Oh boy, Wolfie (a guy who freelances for the Stern Show) went to the midnight release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

This will be good.

Is wolfie his real name

• Options
    Maybe a game where I manage a team or... build a city or...something.

I dunno.

I have an itch but I am not sure how to scratch it.

• Options
    Apparently fleshlight gave seal team six their own specially made fleshlights for killing bin laden. Huh.

• Options
    Apparently fleshlight gave seal team six their own specially made fleshlights for killing bin laden. Huh.

So much wrong with this that it is hard to know where to start.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

This will be good.

Is wolfie his real name

his mother really didn't want him.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

So?

I am me? People are judgmental and that's that. What counts is what you're judging people on - their substance as an individual or shallow shit like race. I prefer to be critical of people for who they are and if they're decent or bad examples.

I don't have time for idealism, I'm not a teenager anymore. I'm fine being fair to people when there's room to but really, if you want to justify what's interesting about getting drunk every night and why someone should be rewarded for it I'm all ears!

Honestly i think everyone who drinks is a complete failure.

That keeps me honest, I basically judge everyone ever over the age of 12 to be a complete failure, myself included.

• Options

This will be good.

Is wolfie his real name

I actually haven't figured it out. I've never heard him called anything else. So maybe it is. But given what he does, I think they avoid his real name so that he can keep getting into places like My Little Pony conventions and NASCAR events.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I dunno.

DORF FORT

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    When would you say there isnt room to be fair to people, henroid

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

So?

That keeps me honest, I basically judge everyone ever over the age of 12 to be a complete failure, myself included.

I don't drink. Does that mean I get partial credit?

• Options

So?

I'm critical of drinking when it becomes the main attraction.

• Options
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I have an uncle called Wolfie...

• Options
    edited November 2012
    When would you say there isnt room to be fair to people, henroid

When you've extended multiple chances and it's been in vain consistently. People in my family? I'm done giving them chances at things. Donald Trump? Screw him too.

Edit - Though "fair" was the wrong word.

Henroid on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I had to laugh* at Trump's breakdown on Twitter when it looked like Romney got the popular vote.

*bitterly

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I drink. It's pretty great.

ur drunked

its pretty great

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

I dunno.

DORF FORT

You playing dorf fort is actually what got me thinking about these sorts of games. I don't really think dorf fort is for me though. I have tried getting into it twice with no success.

• Options
    I drink so I don't murder as many of you as I can before I am gunned down.

• Options
    Not giving a person a second chance might actually be fair if that person is a complete dick. Fair is the middle ground, where you don't take too much and don't take too little shit.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    2Ybji.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I am drinking right now.

It is cold and I am hiding under my kotatsu and it feels nice.

• Options
    I had to laugh* at Trump's breakdown on Twitter when it looked like Romney got the popular vote.

*bitterly

I bet he yells about getting ripped off on wine he orders while it's still being poured into the glass. "LOOK AT THAT, ITS NOT EVEN HALF FULL!"

• Options
    I am drinking right now.

It's not even 7am yet, isn't it a little early? <_<

• Options

*bitterly

I really hope he goes bankrupt again and nobody gives a shit to save him this time. I want him to himself understand that he actually is poor at everything he considers himself good at, and that he still lives wealthy by the aid of others.

• Options
    Hasn't Trump been bankrupt at least once already? I assume it was a dodge of some kind.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am drinking right now.

Japan time

• Options
    soooooooooooooo bogart

how about them (somethin somethins)

pretty great no

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    Not giving a person a second chance might actually be fair if that person is a complete dick. Fair is the middle ground, where you don't take too much and don't take too little shit.

I've learned to give people chances when they don't deserve it, but I setup contingency plans. Usually shows more clearly in the workplace.

• Options
    I am drinking right now.

Almost 10pm where I am.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Hasn't Trump been bankrupt at least once already? I assume it was a dodge of some kind.

Thrice. But his creditors still loan him money to invest.

This discussion has been closed.