Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Solas is the kind of guy where he seems pretty cool when you first meet him with some iconoclastic views but really he likes discussion and engaging on topics of all sorts, while having a lot of cool stories to tell.

But then you realize he has no interest in what you have to say, is a huge racist, thinks he is cooler than everyone around him, and is just an incredible dickbag through and through.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, the part where Solas is a big dumb racist sucks, definitely

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Started this over the weekend. Plowed through a ton of the Hinterlands, and I don't care about getting out of there because I'm still having fun, as a Mage. Looking at the subclass choices I'll have available eventually, I'll be a Knight Enchanter because that sounds cooler than Rift Mage or Necromancer. Right now my party is Varric, Cassandra, and Solas as a backup mage/barrier caster.

I'm playing my Inquisitor as someone who really doesn't understand what's going on, dislikes politics, and is willing to help people but also willing to let assholes suffer from their hubris. Also I love picking the sarcastic dialogue options when dealing with said assholes. So my faction choice is most likely going to be Mages, though I haven't met their leadership in Redcliffe yet so they could turn out to be assholes too.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Well, he IS talking about the Qunari/Qun!

I mean, Iron Bull the Qunari basically says the exact same thing about the Qunari as well. It's even a reason why he argues in favor of the Qun.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    A religious or poltical structure =/= race.

Also Bull's whole outlook is pretty fucked in general

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The next game should be about Morrigan and the Hero (and their kid)!

My world state would have a rough time explaining that one, considering she put the kibosh on Morrigan's whole god-baby scheme.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the next game needs
    more flemeth

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    the next game needs
    more flemeth

Whoops.jpg

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It finally happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC_gXD5OE88

I stopped seeing Martin Sheen

I only see The Illusive Man

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The rumbling of some kind of Mass Effect leak has shaken loose something in my brain

I haven't read the leak. I don't know if I want to.

I spent ... what, almost ten times on each game in that series? I played a lot of Mass Effect and not much else for a couple of years

But I think it's been long enough now. Now I'm hongry for it again

I hope we hear something at E3

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The next game should be about Morrigan and the Hero (and their kid)!

My world state would have a rough time explaining that one, considering she put the kibosh on Morrigan's whole god-baby scheme.

They change a 0 to a 2. Done!

If Qunari can have horns Morrigan can have a kid.

• Options
    Dragon Age speculation

("What Pride has wrought" spoilers)
    This "Mythal" is totally Flemeth, right

And furthermore, Mythal is also the trickster god who sealed the rest away, laying at the feet of this wolf god as part of the trick

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Dragon Age speculation

And furthermore, Mythal is also the trickster god who sealed the rest away, laying at the feet of this wolf god as part of the trick
    The wolf was the trickster. Mythal was a hunter or something.

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Dragon Age speculation

The wolf was the trickster. Mythal was a hunter or something.

pride has wrought
    the wolf was the trickster yeah but mythal was justice

the hunter was a different elf god

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    So, it looks like this is my slow playthrough of DAI. I'm taking more careful notes about, well, everything.

Haven't cleared the first act, but it looks like I'll be doing Champions of the Just with this character.

here's a few character things I've been thinking about:

Cassandra
    I don't often find a woman of faith that I can admire in the way I do with Cassandra. She is passionate and strong - but neither zealous or a bully. She shows regret for her mistakes, and a healthy amount of self-doubt about her choices. REALLY disappointed I can't romance her as a female character, because she would be my top pick (even over Harding)

Vivienne
    I didn't roll with her too much with my first character, mostly because I was also playing a Knight Enchanter + not being able to deal with her more obnoxious traits as a wealthy and powerful person. So, of course, this time I'm going to make more of an effort to bring her along. I'm sure she'll easily fit in a party with Sera and The Iron Bull.

Sera
    I have mixed feelings about her, most due to a pair of problematic comments she makes in regards to gender. She's spunky, cares about the poor, and wants to punch up at rich people. In my opinion, she is definitely example of a character which could have used a perusal from a knowledgeable trans person. I WANT to like her, believe me.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It finally happened

Yeah, I'm watching West Wing and the clash is strong

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It didn't impact the West Wing for me

But in that video he is standing in an empty room with a giant view of a planet and you can't not

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It didn't impact the West Wing for me

But in that video he is standing in an empty room with a giant view of a planet and you can't not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBeIWWKTjkI

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So I'm playing through again and I'm trying to give Blackwall a chance but he's just a total dick to Dorian. Does he knock it off after a while, because not being friends with Dorian is basically the kiss of death.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    So I'm playing through again and I'm trying to give Blackwall a chance but he's just a total dick to Dorian. Does he knock it off after a while, because not being friends with Dorian is basically the kiss of death.

If it's anything like Iron Bull and Solas, then yes

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    I did a playthrough deliberately trying to be a patriarchal control freak dudebro, and it was kind of interesting to see how much the game is written to not really like that person.

Cassandra and the council all seemed surprisingly and disappointingly OK with it, and Vivienne obviously loved every second, but every time Solas came into the scene I could feel the complete and utter hatred radiating from him.
    (which to be fair I was OK with after he broke my elf girl Inquisitor's heart in a prior playthrough - how could you Solas!!!)

So in summary I love-hate Solas but he has some good principles and sticks by them.

• Options
    So just finished The Final Piece
    I had Morrigan drink from the Well, and knowing that it led to her being beholden to her mother for all of eternity is pretty good, in a super dark way

That being said, I was impressed that she made the decision to let her mother own her in exchange for her son's freedom, I feel like DA:O Morrigan wouldn't have done that

So maybe she's alright

• Options
    edited April 2015
    So I just went ahead and finished Dragon Age Inquisition

This is my real life reaction to

(Ending spoilers)
    The realization that every time Solas talked about "my people", he wasn't talking about elves at all, but instead the elven gods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    So I just went ahead and finished Dragon Age Inquisition

This is my real life reaction to

(Ending spoilers)
    The realization that every time Solas talked about "my people", he wasn't talking about elves at all, but instead the elven gods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk
    Now think about how sneering he is towards Vivienne's ideas about civilized magic

And how hard he is on Dorian for not actively fighting against slavery in his home country

And how he's oddly knowledgeable when he tries to give Sera advice on leading an insurrection

And how he tells Blackwall he fought in "an elven war"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It finally happened

Oh god he just keeps saying yoomanity

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Good god this game is pretty. Every corner you turn looks like concept art. Mass effect 4 is going to have some serious vistas

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I get inspired to make some vinyl stuff from games sometimes and thought you guys might like to see it, one icon especially caught my eye from playing DA Inquisition.

2qi8ojc.jpg

1zn8iub.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Man, the way they set up how mythology in this game can have seeds of truth, now I'm just reimagining every story as how it might have really gone down

This is a deep rabbit hole*
    *wolf den

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    The way the lore is presented as snippets, and not as Gods-encyclopedia does a really nice job of making the world seem big and complex like the real world is big and complex.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    I went from being completely uninterested in the overall Dragon Age universe to being very, very invested in the course of a single game

I think it might be my new favorite Bioware game? At least until the next Mass Effect comes out

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I think it was maybe 10ish hours into DA:I that I made the conscious realization 'well I'm a dragon age addict now'

• Options
    My conscious realization came much later in the Hissing Wastes when I got to a ruin and thought, "I bet Solas would love to see this" and then I left to go get him

Spoiler: he didn't care, but Iron Bull was super psyched

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Due to me making "wrong" choices so far: (second act spoilers)
    Namely, forming an alliance with the Templars and not exiling the Wardens

I can't seem to get him to like me enough to even trigger his first cinematic, the "Haven" one. So, I've been hunting down all these damn elven artifacts to at least try to raise his approval.

Also, while doing the Warden questline: (end game spoilers as well)
    In hindsight, I can understand his disapproval of Wardens killing the archdemons (his colleagues, I suppose), but I'm not sure he quite understands the damage they can do when awoken. I'm assuming he just woke up and hasn't experienced a Blight.

Cassandra's disapproval of sparing the Wardens is even more weird. Like, lady, you belonged to a corrupt organization that kept horrible secrets from the very beginning, tried to amass power, poison its followers, and allowed a damn demon to impersonate its leader, and think that the Seekers should have a chance to return. The Wardens get tricked by a demon and the very Taint they use to save the world, and commit a rather terrible mistake. But fuck them, no second chances for them. Seriously, Cass, I love you, but it does sound a bit hypocritical.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Man I am a big fan of this, though I'm super late to the game so it's all early stuff. My PC is super cool looking, so that helps. I was worried I'd hate her face after getting out of the editor but nope! I even went for big twisty horns because they look cool, although they're such obvious issues in a fight. Or just like, walking indoors.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Due to me making "wrong" choices so far: (second act spoilers)
    Namely, forming an alliance with the Templars and not exiling the Wardens

I can't seem to get him to like me enough to even trigger his first cinematic, the "Haven" one. So, I've been hunting down all these damn elven artifacts to at least try to raise his approval.

Also, while doing the Warden questline: (end game spoilers as well)
    In hindsight, I can understand his disapproval of Wardens killing the archdemons (his colleagues, I suppose), but I'm not sure he quite understands the damage they can do when awoken. I'm assuming he just woke up and hasn't experienced a Blight.

Cassandra's disapproval of sparing the Wardens is even more weird. Like, lady, you belonged to a corrupt organization that kept horrible secrets from the very beginning, tried to amass power, poison its followers, and allowed a damn demon to impersonate its leader, and think that the Seekers should have a chance to return. The Wardens get tricked by a demon and the very Taint they use to save the world, and commit a rather terrible mistake. But fuck them, no second chances for them. Seriously, Cass, I love you, but it does sound a bit hypocritical.

Well, not that I agree with Cass, but: Do as I say, not as I do etc. Cass herself also didn't do anything as bad as the Wardens.

• Options
    re the wardens
    I seem to recall their questline maybe being the most lose-lose scenario with regards to party approval in the entire game

Just felt like I could not make anybody happy at all

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So I've killed all 10 dragons and the quest counter is finished, but on Xbox one my achievement is stuck at 90 percent. Gah.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Prohass wrote: »
    So I've killed all 10 dragons and the quest counter is finished, but on Xbox one my achievement is stuck at 90 percent. Gah.

I found this on a achievement site, might work?

Dragons' Bane
    Slay 10 high dragons in single-player mode.

"Please note that this achievement is very glitchy for most players. Upon killing one of the dragons, odds are it will count in game, but not on your achievement tracker.

To circumvent this, reload a save before killing a dragon and repeat the process.

This repeat kill will not affect anything in game, but for some reason, it tracks for a second time, enabling you to hit 10/10 and unlock the achievement."

Sirialis on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    One of the dragons, I forget which one, isn't tagged as a high dragon. You can save/reload or if you do the DLC there's another dragon killing opportunity.

Solas:
    So the Archdemons are the old gods corrupted by the blight, and Corypheus lives forever because he put a part of his soul into an Archdemon. That means in the final mission, you are helping Solas kill one of his brothers/sisters.

• Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    One of the dragons, I forget which one, isn't tagged as a high dragon. You can save/reload or if you do the DLC there's another dragon killing opportunity.

Solas:
    So the Archdemons are the old gods corrupted by the blight, and Corypheus lives forever because he put a part of his soul into an Archdemon. That means in the final mission, you are helping Solas kill one of his brothers/sisters.
    I believe that wasn't a "real" Archdemon. Just a corrupted High Dragon

This discussion has been closed.