Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

19395979899

Posts

  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    It will also go through a PTR phase before its release so they have time to nerf monks.

  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    This season.

    Ideally I think, at least hope, that they want people to be able to clear GR 100 with great gear, and anything further to be pushing the bleeding edge, getting everything that you can, perfectly rolled everything ideal team comp build.

    As it stands, the "normal", people who just started playing this season tends to be between 60 and 80, with solid gear, which even I think is kind of low.

    GR strategy changes a ton when you start to plateu in damage, and every class save for Energy Twister Wizard seems to plateau in damage around the 70's, with 80+ relying on good maps, mod density, and not getting fucked on the GR bosses.

    Which I think is probably too early. I mean, getting stuck in the 70's and struggling for 80 sounds boring as hell.

    Striving for 100 feels like more of a fufilling milestone, and right now pretty much no one can reach it with perfect EVERYTHING using every system in the game+re-setting for good maps with awesome mob density.

    Top solo GR right now is 94 (both season and non-season) by wizards. Barbs are at 93 and Crusaders have cracked 90 as well. I believe Wudijo has hit 90 on his DH too. It's out of reach for most of us, but the streamers/botters will all be at 3-4k paragon by the end of the season with gems and augments at 100+. The #1 paragon on diabloprogress is already at 3k (botter). GR100 is not out of the question. People are speedrunning 4-man GR100s already. It's a brave new world.

  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So are Roland's or the Hammerdin set good at all?

  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    So are Roland's or the Hammerdin set good at all?

    It won't get you on the top of the leaderboards, but both can do pretty well in 60's.

    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Joolander wrote: »
    So are Roland's or the Hammerdin set good at all?

    Hammers is pretty fun, albeit a bit squishy. I've been rocking Hammers for TX runs and GR55 speed runs. It's got an impressive damage output, but you're pretty lacking in survivability. You also have to give up Steed Charge for Iron Skin if you're actually planning on pushing, so you lack a bit of mobility at times (though Falling Sword makes up for it, sorta).

    You have the 50% DR from the 4p, and with the Judgment belt you have the effects of Debilitate (enemies hit deal 40% less damage). You also can maintain fairly high uptime on Akarat's thanks to ObZod in the cube, and you have Endless Walk for the 50% DR while moving (and boy do you move a lot). Buuuut you're still somewhat squishy, I find. Maybe I'm just too used to not taking ANY damage with Invoker's, hah.

    Anyway, this is the build I've been running: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#heQXdT!ZidS!ZZYZbY

    Using Furnace, Hammer Jammers, and ObZod in the cube. You can also try Akkhan's Addendum over Furnace and use the Hasteful rune on Akarat's, if you want.

    Not sure how high it can go since I was just messin' around, but it's fun. Hammers is getting buffed in 2.4.1, though. I think they're adding 100% Hammer damage to the attackspeed Flail.

    Edit: Oh yeah, Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Stricken, and Gogok for Legendary Gems.

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Hammers isn't bad, but I don't enjoy the playstyle much. I've seen a hammer build clear GR80, but main points about it have been discussed.

    Rolands is really in the same boat, though it's slightly less squishy. They've got plenty of damage for TX or GR60, but after that it will slow down. I personally like Roland's Sweep Attack build, but I also have a mostly ancient gearset for it.

  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Which one has a more fun/less frustrating set dungeon mastery?

  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Is there a general Barb build for a toon with no set gear? Basically I just gem of eased him up to 70 and put my leftover crusader stuff on. I have a bunch of legendary stuff on him, but don't know where to focus, so it's all over the place.

  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Is there a general Barb build for a toon with no set gear? Basically I just gem of eased him up to 70 and put my leftover crusader stuff on. I have a bunch of legendary stuff on him, but don't know where to focus, so it's all over the place.

    You're not really going to have a "build" until you get some gear going

    My suggestion to start would be to roll a new Barbarian, and buy boots and rings from Kadala until you get Socks and Might band

  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Is there a general Barb build for a toon with no set gear? Basically I just gem of eased him up to 70 and put my leftover crusader stuff on. I have a bunch of legendary stuff on him, but don't know where to focus, so it's all over the place.

    You're not really going to have a "build" until you get some gear going

    My suggestion to start would be to roll a new Barbarian, and buy boots and rings from Kadala until you get Socks and Might band

    Why roll a new Barb instead of working with the one he just got to 70? You could get the same result and save a few hours by stripping his gear.

  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Is there a general Barb build for a toon with no set gear? Basically I just gem of eased him up to 70 and put my leftover crusader stuff on. I have a bunch of legendary stuff on him, but don't know where to focus, so it's all over the place.

    You're not really going to have a "build" until you get some gear going

    My suggestion to start would be to roll a new Barbarian, and buy boots and rings from Kadala until you get Socks and Might band

    Why roll a new Barb instead of working with the one he just got to 70? You could get the same result and save a few hours by stripping his gear.

    Because you just use the low level Barb to grab those items because the legendary pool from Kadala is very small at that level.

  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Is there a general Barb build for a toon with no set gear? Basically I just gem of eased him up to 70 and put my leftover crusader stuff on. I have a bunch of legendary stuff on him, but don't know where to focus, so it's all over the place.

    You're not really going to have a "build" until you get some gear going

    My suggestion to start would be to roll a new Barbarian, and buy boots and rings from Kadala until you get Socks and Might band

    Why roll a new Barb instead of working with the one he just got to 70? You could get the same result and save a few hours by stripping his gear.

    Because you just use the low level Barb to grab those items because the legendary pool from Kadala is very small at that level.

    Ah, that makes sense.

  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Which one has a more fun/less frustrating set dungeon mastery?

    3/4 crusader sets are pretty easy. Roland's is moderately difficult and you'll need to play with skills and fish for a good opening room.

  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Man, my wife and I are not having great luck so far with these sets. So far she's gotten 3 pieces of the unholy set, 2 pieces of the shadow set, and 1 piece of natalya's, but all she wants is the other set that she hasn't gotten any of. And in that same time, I have gotten 0 class set piece drops for my crusader. Not just 0 invoker pieces, but 0 of any sets, hah.

    Really we haven't done that much at 70 so i'm sure we'll get them eventually, but it's kinda funny I haven't gotten any at all.

  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Man, my wife and I are not having great luck so far with these sets. So far she's gotten 3 pieces of the unholy set, 2 pieces of the shadow set, and 1 piece of natalya's, but all she wants is the other set that she hasn't gotten any of. And in that same time, I have gotten 0 class set piece drops for my crusader. Not just 0 invoker pieces, but 0 of any sets, hah.

    Really we haven't done that much at 70 so i'm sure we'll get them eventually, but it's kinda funny I haven't gotten any at all.

    What are you all doing? difficulty? bounties? rifts? Note once you get rolling with rifts and bounties, you can turn in blood shards for gear (which has a reasonable (but low) rate of legendaries and sets). Also keep in mind that there are Kanai cube recipes that let you upgrade items to Legendary/sets and to roll a set item into another set piece. Gear starts a bit slow, but starts to get rolling once you can get into higher difficulties.

    Cobell on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    We're on torment 5 for our bounties/regular rifts right now, and up to the torment 6(I think GR23) GRs. This is probably about our difficulty cap for the moment, just because neither one of us has particularly good gear right now.

    We've started doing the blood shard gear turn ins, that's actually how she got one of the pieces of the unholy set. I've been doing shields from that vendor in the hopes of getting that shield that lowers CDs when you block, because I'm so damn limited by cooldowns on this build and without the invoker set I do no damage outside of my CDs and getting hit.

    Now that we got all the gem recipes we needed from bounties, we've just been cycling between normal rifts for keys and greater rifts for drops. I guess we could keep doing some bounties too for the chance at good stuff out of the bags, it just seemed like rifts were the better path to drops.

    Joshmvii on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @Joshmvii if you're seasonal, you should be able to have a 4-piece sweet from levee 70, and killing Zoltan Khulle on t2 in adventure mode.

    Not sure when you play, but I might be able to drag you through some rifts.

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    @Joshmvii if you're seasonal, you should be able to have a 4-piece sweet from levee 70, and killing Zoltan Khulle on t2 in adventure mode.

    Not sure when you play, but I might be able to drag you through some rifts.

    I think they're playing console, no seasons

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Yeah, thanks for the offer, but we're playing co-op on the PS4 version of the game, so no seasons. We have the PC version too, but right now doing the console version when we get some free time here and there is the only way we can play.

  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Once you can push past T6, you'll see more Legendaries and set pieces. If you have the time, you could probably squeeze in more bounties, since the bonus cache moves to other chapters after the first time. I'd personally hold onto the GR stones until you can push past T8. Otherwise, you're working in the right direction.

    If you can get someone to carry you through T8-10 just to soak gear drops, that should help you a bit. I'm not sure how available or helpful the console side of the community is for that sort of thing. All you really need is someone with good gear who is willing to spend the time. Same goes for bounties and rifts.

    You may also have luck converting pieces from rare to Legendary via the cube, but I believe the % is even lower than Kadala.

    If you have zero set pieces, you should be focusing on those from Kadala instead of the shield because they will give you a higher incremental boost than the shield itself.

    Mugsley on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tips. We'll focus on bounties and normal rifts for a while to gear up more before using our greater rift keystones. I think we're moving in the right direction. My thorns damage basically tripled the last time we were playing just from getting the boyarsky gem, finally getting a flawless royal topaz pattern, etc., so we can probably handle more than I suggested.

  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    OK, what should I be doing at this point? I'm level 70 (60) and am breezing through bounties and standard Rifts. I have only received one stone to open a GR, and that went well enough. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to be farming (Legendaries at this point?) or if I should be going about it in a certain way. Last night I prioritized killing any bounty bosses to get the diabolic chests. It's been a loooooooong time since I found a Legendary weapon worth switching to.

    Fawst on
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips. We'll focus on bounties and normal rifts for a while to gear up more before using our greater rift keystones. I think we're moving in the right direction. My thorns damage basically tripled the last time we were playing just from getting the boyarsky gem, finally getting a flawless royal topaz pattern, etc., so we can probably handle more than I suggested.

    @Joshmvii What characters are you playing and/or what gear are you still looking for? I can send some your way. I'm lowman7557 on PSN. Add me and I'll shoot you some gear.

  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    OK, what should I be doing at this point? I'm level 70 (60) and am breezing through bounties and standard Rifts. I have only received one stone to open a GR, and that went well enough. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to be farming (Legendaries at this point?) or if I should be going about it in a certain way. Last night I prioritized killing any bounty bosses to get the diabolic chests. It's been a loooooooong time since I found a Legendary weapon worth switching to.

    Work on ratcheting up your difficulty until you can hit TX without problems. Then:

    1) If you're looking to push difficulty, farm pieces for your goal gearset (check diablofans and Icy Veins for builds).
    2) Work on Season achievements to unlock pretty cosmetic stuff.
    3) Pick a new character and go some more.
    4) Set other fun goals and go work on them!

  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Once you can push past T6, you'll see more Legendaries and set pieces. If you have the time, you could probably squeeze in more bounties, since the bonus cache moves to other chapters after the first time. I'd personally hold onto the GR stones until you can push past T8. Otherwise, you're working in the right direction.

    If you can get someone to carry you through T8-10 just to soak gear drops, that should help you a bit. I'm not sure how available or helpful the console side of the community is for that sort of thing. All you really need is someone with good gear who is willing to spend the time. Same goes for bounties and rifts.

    You may also have luck converting pieces from rare to Legendary via the cube, but I believe the % is even lower than Kadala.

    If you have zero set pieces, you should be focusing on those from Kadala instead of the shield because they will give you a higher incremental boost than the shield itself.

    I would warn anybody starting on the consoles to avoid public games since there are cheaters on there that could ruin your fun if you are the type who likes to earn their way.

    Edit: I wish there was a way to only send the random gifts to the players you want rather than anybody who is on your friends list that played d3 at one point.

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I've been playing the console version a lot lately. The UI is surprisingly competent, considering how much stuff you have to manage. The only thing I can't figure out how to do (if it's possible) is to compare damages while taking gems out of the equation. I know you can toggle it on PC but I don't think there's a way to do it on console, which is a bummer. I actually like equipping my follower better in the console version, because it's easier to see when a weapon is an upgrade.

  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I've been playing the console version a lot lately. The UI is surprisingly competent, considering how much stuff you have to manage. The only thing I can't figure out how to do (if it's possible) is to compare damages while taking gems out of the equation. I know you can toggle it on PC but I don't think there's a way to do it on console, which is a bummer. I actually like equipping my follower better in the console version, because it's easier to see when a weapon is an upgrade.

    Coming from the console there is a ton of stuff I never knew you could do before. Although the down side is having to wait for your other half to finish their, "better 1, better 2..." equipment dance game.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    pyZT2cg.png

    I found an Ancient Pig Stickums the other day! Rolled pretty damn well. Rolled off damage range into CDR. Could only get 9% but that's fine.

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Don't stop there @Dibby you can get that extra 1%

  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Also today I learned you can totally self-powerlevel yourself.

    It probably takes twice as long as normal powerleveling, but hey, you don't need anyone else for it. Well, and also it required a ton of prep work (leveling a handful of Gems of Ease to 25 to remove level requirement from a few things).

    So here's what I used:

    - Ancient Bucher's Carver with rank 50 Gem of Ease. Simply needed a weapon with high damage and this had it. Bonus: Rolled with high Life per Hit.
    - Leoric's Signet, level requirement removed with Kanai's Cube. Used this for the bonus exp. Slapped Boon of the Hoarder in there.
    - Hellfire Ring. More bonus exp.
    - Some rando Helm (used Broken Crown in this case) with level requirement removed. Slapped a Ruby in there for the exp bonus.
    - Custerian Wristguards, level requirement removed. Good synergy with Boon of the Hoarder.

    In the Cube I used Furnace, Leoric's Crown (helloooo doubled bonus exp), and Avarice Band (easier to pick up gold from Boon of the Hoarder).

    And that's pretty much it, I didn't feel like I really needed anything else beyond that. So I started a T6 Rift at level 1, and about 15 minutes later I was level 60. Crafted some level 60 yellows at this point. Started to slow down quite a bit once I hit 60, and I had to drop to T1. Took another 15-20 minutes to get from 60-70.

    So now I have a 2nd level 70 Seasonal character. Gonna work on getting some sets and hopefully I can clear Years of War soon.

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I think you're supposed to cube the levels of all the gear :P

  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    That is a lot of extra work. Get a gem of ease to 25 and a really good one hander then put it on torment one and you'll be 50 before you even fight the skeleton king.

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    that's too much work considering somebody can level you in a fraction of the time :(

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    It's more of a personal challenge thing for people

  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a way to self-powerlevel via dual boxing. Is that possible? As in: open two instances of D3 and invite one char to the other. I assumed you couldn't do this because the server wouldn't let you log into the same account twice, but maybe I'm wrong(?)

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a way to self-powerlevel via dual boxing. Is that possible? As in: open two instances of D3 and invite one char to the other. I assumed you couldn't do this because the server wouldn't let you log into the same account twice, but maybe I'm wrong(?)

    dual boxing requires two accounts, not logging into the same one twice.

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Oh man... that reminds me of the days of power leveling my alt in Everquest using my girlfriend's account. I can't believe my PC at the time didn't run screaming from the room running two instances of EQ.

    So I got an Akarat's Awakening from Kadala last night. Is there any reason NOT to roll Thorns on it? Seems like that's the best option. Of course, being on PS4 I can't see my fucking character on Battle.net (because reasons), so I have no idea what the stats rolled are.

    I'm starting to realize how insanely lucky I was getting that. I think I've gambled with her a grand total of 20 times. Probably less.

    Fawst on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Oh man... that reminds me of the days of power leveling my alt in Everquest using my girlfriend's account. I can't believe my PC at the time didn't run screaming from the room running two instances of EQ.

    So I got an Akarat's Awakening from Kadala last night. Is there any reason NOT to roll Thorns on it? Seems like that's the best option. Of course, being on PS4 I can't see my fucking character on Battle.net (because reasons), so I have no idea what the stats rolled are.

    I'm starting to realize how insanely lucky I was getting that. I think I've gambled with her a grand total of 20 times. Probably less.

    depends on how much cdr you have probably.

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    So what makes the pig sticker so good for the thornsader build? Is it just that it attacks fast? If so, aren't there other legendary daggers? Or is the +% dmg to beasts and humans valuable?

  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's that it attacks fast and can roll every stat Invoker Crusader uses

This discussion has been closed.