Options

[steam] Winter is Here. Daily Deals are Dead. Long live Daily Deals!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Okay, game saved with thousands of credits and everything unlocked.....Maximize the french woman or go in now......she would be useful as a full support.

Two mind control, sniper and support verses two snipers, one aggro psy and the other defensive psy.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Man, you know what playing this ghost in the Shell game really makes me want? An EYE Divine Cybermancy sequel. Anybody know what those weirdos are up to these day?

Might have to reinstall; EYE is so great.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yessss. More SteamOS games please.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Man, you know what playing this ghost in the Shell game really makes me want? An EYE Divine Cybermancy sequel. Anybody know what those weirdos are up to these day?

Might have to reinstall; EYE is so great.

Can "You gained Brouzouf" be a post reaction?

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The EYE guys are doing a Warhammer FPS currently. One of the 30 upcoming Warhammer games.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Specifically a Space Hulk coop FPS, you play a Deathwing squad. I'm cautiously optimistic. Not much has been heard on that game lately.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Well, the borrowed psu still didn't boot pc. At least I know it's not that. Silver linings eh.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Getcho planes on.

signature.png

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Is Steam down for anyone else?

Is the sale starting?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Steam being sued in Europe always felt like a matter of time to me. It's so obvious their TOS don't comply with consumer law. And their support structure probably doesn't either.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo

Is it too late to put in my meager donation?

paypal%205_zpspoiqdmlg.jpg~original

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Antoshka is a monster, a classy classy monster!
    thanks for Oceanhorn mate

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Heyos @Bobkins Flymo!

From Honeybunny and i, it's not a ton, but every little bit helps, i hope.
    93voxhrwohyn.jpg

Also, various and sundry. Spent a big chunk of last night clearing everyone's storymode in Skullgirls. Well, except for Robo-Fortune, who i don't have, and Fukua, whose last fight just killed me (this is on easy, mind, i cannae get traction with anyone on Normal). It strikes me that i'd love to have Skullgirls in about any other media than a fighting game. The world has just got so much character, and i love the design of almost everything. They do a great job telling a story within the limitations present, but i found myself wanting to know more after everyone's last scene. Also, i want more Annie of the Stars, who kicks ass.

Also, also, side question. i noticed all the games i've played today...well, that's just USF4 and Afterbirth (and, boy, did i screw up today's daily, there), but they're still listing "syncing" next to the title on my library list. Isaac's been "syncing" for the last 2hrs, this is disregarding the fact that i played it, quit for Street Fighter, and then played it again. Didn't effect gameplay for either, but still...is this happening for anyone else? Is Steam a bit wonky-buggers today?

Also^3, i squared away the cellphone Steam Authenticator thing, yesterday. It worked out fine, no problems, so that's nice. Guess if one gets drunk enough, one may be willing to try most anything.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So, this isn't exactly Steam related but I have four trial keys for Rainbow Six: Siege if anyone wants to give it a test drive:

Loading...?

These trial keys are only good for this weekend, and you need to redeem them via UPlay.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Total Annihilation showed up on Steam. Neat.

Also Lords of Magic a little while ago. Lot of 90s games are ever so slowly coming to Steam which I can definitely appreciate. Though I can still name a good 10-20 or so I would really like to see on Steam as well.

Isorn on
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Ugh, I'm getting sick so I went to bed early last night and had no time for Fallout 4. I have a restaurant to build, dammit!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm getting sick so I went to bed early last night and had no time for Fallout 4. I have a restaurant to build, dammit!

I feel your pain. Due to being distracted by having to talk to everyone in a new location and do a bunch of running around and shopping and then some pest control, I only managed to apply my awesome new combat shotgun** to the faces of a scant two dozen or so raiders and maybe 6 super mutants. It was very disappointing. I have things to kill, people!

** legendary with 25 added bleed damage, which on a shotgun I *think* might be getting applied to every pellet... it's pretty insane.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Prison Architect has update 2 available...women's prisons with various new rooms needed for that and more mod support.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Prison Architect has update 2 available...women's prisons with various new rooms needed for that and more mod support.

Not gonna lie, thinking about building a women's prison that's one big shower.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

27ak11cwbiaz.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

None of the reaction buttons seem appropriate, so... good on you, Crate.

What? No, that's just some dust in my eye.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

Women really like showers, I'm told. And baths. I think you're just looking out for them, trying to make them comfortable. Although putting food prep in the shower might raise some health and safety concerns.

And FYI for people planning to get Dragon's Dogma on PC, the current voucher for 23% off on GMG works with DD pre-orders and the keys are sourced directly from Capcom. So with the voucher it comes out to USD$23.10

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I really need to get back into Prison Architect. Fortunately I have the week between Christmas and New Year's off so I can give my games some quality time. I'd really like to have some time to play around with my Steam controller too. I know awhile back someone posted a site that had configurations for non-Steam games...is that link still around?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I really need to get back into Prison Architect. Fortunately I have the week between Christmas and New Year's off so I can give my games some quality time. I'd really like to have some time to play around with my Steam controller too. I know awhile back someone posted a site that had configurations for non-Steam games...is that link still around?

Here ya go @Lindsay Lohan: http://www.steamcontrollerdb.com/

I think it even has an app or program to simplify things.

EDIT: Just know that for the controller to work, you have to launch the game through Big Picture Mode though you might be able to minimize BPM after. I'm not sure how that works

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    So I get updates from the Payday 2 group, but I don't see it in my groups list.

How do I leave the group and stop getting notifications?

"stop following" on the communitiy hub page

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Bundlestars is giving away copies of The Ship. I already had it from years ago, but my copy didn't include the single player mode. That was ironic, because when a new developer took over, they gave every owner two gift copies which did include the single player. Anyway, I used the key with this free copy and finally own the single player mode.

Looks like they're doing a new version of The Ship too. It always seemed like a neat game, and I really enjoyed the original HL1 mod version.

• Options
    From the Dark Souls facebook page

"Attention Dark Souls PC Fans!

While launching the Dark Souls III Steam page, some PC requirements were posted by mistake. These are not representative of the game's final specifications. We look forward to sharing those PC details in the coming months - But for now, you can add Dark Souls III to your wishlists!"

I guess those sys reqs we saw previously for DS3 are likely to change. I'm betting they get higher.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Holiday travels are not for the feint of heart. My son is sick and was pretty inconsolable the night before we had to take a plane flight to the darklands of Ohio, so me and Mrs. DoctorArch had 3 hours of sleep before "waking up" at 2:30 AM to catch a 6:00 AM flight. Once in Ohio, and after chilling with the family, both kids decided they didn't want to sleep until midnight while the two parents were walking zombies.

Wake up this morning, down a pot of coffee, see a bunch of work e-mails waiting for me and this wonderful gem from @Ardent

eZcyLA2.png

Thank you so much! I never had a Super Nintendo, so I didn't get a chance to play this back when it first came out, but I did get to the final boss tower 17 years ago in college due to the wonders of emulation, but had to abandon my game due to the wonders of campus-wide, hard-drive wiping computer viruses.

As a longtime forumer, I remember back in the day where there were actually mod decrees (I think it was from Dr.Dizzaster) that this game had to be referred to as Final Fantasy III and not VI because the Japan-only games hadn't made it over yet and it was always a cluster-f of confusion whenever people talked about them.

Also, FF6 may be my favorite example of what a 16-bit JRPG can be. Sure it lacked in-depth character customization, but this allowed the designers to focus on making the characters unique and memorable as they ran from set piece to set piece in a large, vibrant (at least for part of the time) world. For example, what other game at the time took you on a journey to reunite a forlorn knight with his family by boarding the train of death culminating in a fantastic boss fight with the train's engine? AND you could suplex the engine to boot! No to mention, this was just one piece of the many different stories contained in FF6.

It really is a lovely game, and thank you so much Ardent!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    So me and wife work thinking of getting the jackbox as it is 50% off on bundlestars. We were thinking of getting it because we have a family get together at our house this weekend. So, here is the question.

Everyone should have a smart phone, and I understand you can play that way. We plan on having it on the TV in the living room. Is it worth it for $13? It has only been historically low as $10, so we are real close to that price.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    So me and wife work thinking of getting the jackbox as it is 50% off on bundlestars. We were thinking of getting it because we have a family get together at our house this weekend. So, here is the question.

Everyone should have a smart phone, and I understand you can play that way. We plan on having it on the TV in the living room. Is it worth it for $13? It has only been historically low as $10, so we are real close to that price.

It has been a hit at every get together we've had. Both bundles are great, though I'd say the second one is quite a bit better, since YDKJ is only 4 players and there are 2 duds in there (with a possible 3rd if the people you are playing with don't like pictionary type games). The second pack only has one bad game, and it has an updated version of the best game from the first pack (Fibbage), which is always most people's favourite game.

But if you are not willing to pay full price for the second pack, I'd still say Fibbage and YDKJ are worth $13. Like I said, most people will probably just want to play Fibbage anyways, and there are around 250 questions, so it's not like you'll run out of them quickly. And by the time you do the second pack will probably be on sale.

• Options

It has been a hit at every get together we've had. Both bundles are great, though I'd say the second one is quite a bit better, since YDKJ is only 4 players and there are 2 duds in there (with a possible 3rd if the people you are playing with don't like pictionary type games). The second pack only has one bad game, and it has an updated version of the best game from the first pack (Fibbage), which is always most people's favourite game.

But if you are not willing to pay full price for the second pack, I'd still say Fibbage and YDKJ are worth $13. Like I said, most people will probably just want to play Fibbage anyways, and there are around 250 questions, so it's not like you'll run out of them quickly. And by the time you do the second pack will probably be on sale.

This might actually be an awesome idea! Thanks

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I never had a Super Nintendo, so I didn't get a chance to play this back when it first came out, but I did get to the final boss tower 17 years ago in college due to the wonders of emulation, but had to abandon my game due to the wonders of campus-wide, hard-drive wiping computer viruses.

As a longtime forumer, I remember back in the day where there were actually mod decrees (I think it was from Dr.Dizzaster) that this game had to be referred to as Final Fantasy III and not VI because the Japan-only games hadn't made it over yet and it was always a cluster-f of confusion whenever people talked about them.

Also, FF6 may be my favorite example of what a 16-bit JRPG can be. Sure it lacked in-depth character customization, but this allowed the designers to focus on making the characters unique and memorable as they ran from set piece to set piece in a large, vibrant (at least for part of the time) world. For example, what other game at the time took you on a journey to reunite a forlorn knight with his family by boarding the train of death culminating in a fantastic boss fight with the train's engine? AND you could suplex the engine to boot! No to mention, this was just one piece of the many different stories contained in FF6.

It really is a lovely game, and thank you so much Ardent!
    I've never really been able to put into words how much I love FFVI, but "a lot" gets pretty close.

Also, this is probably a mandatory link for any mention of FFVI from now on:

Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Also, FF6 may be my favorite example of what a 16-bit JRPG can be. Sure it lacked in-depth character customization, but this allowed the designers to focus on making the characters unique and memorable as they ran from set piece to set piece in a large, vibrant (at least for part of the time) world. For example, what other game at the time took you on a journey to reunite a forlorn knight with his family by boarding the train of death culminating in a fantastic boss fight with the train's engine? AND you could suplex the engine to boot! Not to mention, this was just one piece of the many different stories contained in FF6.

I think that part, which stuck with me, is why I love FFIX so much, and am so sad it will probably never see a re-release. How all the character's stories intertwined was fantastic, and totally reminded me of the multiple protags of VI, which ties with IX as my favorite FF of all time.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    @destroyah87 I don't want to get your hopes up, but the Subnautica Trello just dropped the section that held the previous update, and they added another person onto the H2.0 poster card. I'm doubtful that anyone would push out an update over the Christmas holidays, but they seem to be quite close. Farming probably won't be part of the H2.0 update, but should come shortly after.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Preordered sweet, sweet Dragon's Dogma. I can't wait to replay it for the 4th or 5th time.
    ...I'm not being at all sarcastic. CAN'T WAIT!

vamen on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Current new releases list is a trip.

Bubsy, Turok, Total Annihilation, FFVI.

What year is it?! .jpeg

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

Also, Quiplash is a useful tool in discovery which one of your family members are terrible people.

Minor aside: if not everyone has smartphones, you can also make do with laptops, PCs, tablets, or pretty much anything else that has a modern web browser that supports WebSockets.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I wish there were some good Star Wars co-op games on Steam. Like a Jedi Power Battles HD port or something.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    destroyah87 I don't want to get your hopes up, but the Subnautica Trello just dropped the section that held the previous update, and they added another person onto the H2.0 poster card. I'm doubtful that anyone would push out an update over the Christmas holidays, but they seem to be quite close. Farming probably won't be part of the H2.0 update, but should come shortly after.

That'd be pretty awesome. Though, yeah, I wouldn't expect anybody to be doing any updates over the holidays that weren't absolutely critical.

After reading up on the sunken bits of the Aurora, I decided I'd wait for the H2.0 update or farming update before playing another new game (marathon session and/or streaming possible)

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.