As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Election Season: More Argument than Duck Season v. Rabbit Season

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    The Whigs will make a comeback.
    only if politicians are required to wear whigs at all times while in office

I...

Are you advocating skinning and tanning a political party?
    ...sure, yeah

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I've been playing DnD all night. I heard Bernie lost big :(

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I've been playing DnD all night. I heard Bernie lost big :(

It was really almost a best-case scenario for Hilary, tonight. Big wins in Florida (not surprising), North Carolina (not surprising), and Ohio (surprising if only because of Michigan last week), plus Rubio dropping out removing the only real Republican chance in the general.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    If the party splits, you know that Trump's side would have to be called the Trump Party or the Trump Super Great Even Better than Republican Party or some nonsense because when has he ever been able to resist putting his name on anything.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If the party splits, you know that Trump's side would have to be called the Trump Party or the Trump Super Great Even Better than Republican Party or some nonsense because when has he ever been able to resist putting his name on anything.

Or maybe he'd double-down on his hat & slogan & all that.

The Americana Party.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The last bit of SLC reporting is in; barring errors it swings the vote to Clinton with only Clinton favorable Jackson County outstanding.

http://electionresults.stlouisco.com/el160315/EL45.HTM

Clinton swept today.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Trump went on a twitter war tonight against Megyn Kelly, because, well, he's horrible.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    He is obsessive about her that's really disturbing

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    He's tended to be that way about anybody he feels has wronged him.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/10/graydon-carter-donald-trump
    Just to drive him a little bit crazy, I took to referring to him as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in the pages of Spy magazine. That was more than a quarter of a century ago. To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers. I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby. The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination. Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: “See, not so short!” I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, “Actually, quite short.” Which I can only assume gave him fits.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    No cure for baby fingers

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What sort of candidates will the Trump crowd try to get into other offices when he loses?

• Options
    altlat55altlat55 Registered User regular
    Talking with a friend on Steam.

She's pissed because she was turned away from a Chicago polling station because she recently moved and the address on her driver's license didn't match her current address.

She brought 3 bills, a state ID, social security card...

I've voted in Chicago three times now and have never even needed an ID. I just say my name and address, then they look at it on a piece of paper and hand me a ballot.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    isn't voting more than once a crime?

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    And here I was all excited to caucus next weekend cause I thought it was going to matter......shows me for hoping

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    altlat55altlat55 Registered User regular
    Not when you give a different name and address!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Ha-ha

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Vote early, vote often!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    isn't voting more than once a crime?

Vote early vote often

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Obama to announce SCJ nominee at 11am ET

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    The Refoooooooooorm Party.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    altlat55 wrote: »

She's pissed because she was turned away from a Chicago polling station because she recently moved and the address on her driver's license didn't match her current address.

I've voted in Chicago three times now and have never even needed an ID. I just say my name and address, then they look at it on a piece of paper and hand me a ballot.

It's almost as if our primary system is a somewhat purposefully obtuse clusterfuck mired by human error and voter suppression that needs massive overhauls and federalized standardization to make things more fair, rational and representative of the democracy it's supposed to help create.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    there's no way in the hell the GOP would actually split, right

the Old Men In Power would most assuredly lose said power come next local elections if they dare swerve away from Trump, right

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    What sort of candidates will the Trump crowd try to get into other offices when he loses?

pMOcvMT.jpg

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    At least the connect nc bond went through. Would be better to raise taxes but stop gap measures is all we get with McCrory

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Obama to announce SCJ nominee at 11am ET

11:01 AM

Republican Twitters collectively go "for fuck's sake, we can't let this person become a Justice"

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Rubio: Can I get some?
    Florida: Just the tip.
    image-1-600x567.jpeg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

It's almost as if our primary system is a somewhat purposefully obtuse clusterfuck mired by human error and voter suppression that needs massive overhauls and federalized standardization to make things more fair, rational and representative of the democracy it's supposed to help create.

While not incorrect, I do find this statement amusing since last thread I saw you make a post questioning the wisdom of letting Southern States "dictate" the early course of the primary season, which sounded an awful lot like wanting to disenfranchise people who voted in an inconvenient way only to quickly edit that part out.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular

Chicago here as well, never had to show ID.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    I gave my candidate $100. He sent me back a t-shirt first class. I'm glad he was spending that money wisely.

Garland? Yeah, that didn't take long at all. Nobody even has to say anything really.

"This is an easy one. Both our Leader and Judiciary Chairman voted against him when he was confirmed before," the aide said. "And it’s a clear recognition by the White House that we mean what we say: there will be no confirmation. If they thought we were going to cave, they would have put up a much different candidate."

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    What the hell is with Jeb Bush's 404 page?
    SqMXL2c.png

Right down to the smallest detail everything about his campaign was stupid.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    In what way has stupid shown itself to be a disqualifying factor in the election cycles of this millennium?

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I insinuated that it did.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I suspect someone told Jeb! that the millenials really care about whether or not your campaign has a quirky 404 page and then he went through the same design team that gave us his campaign logo.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    The last bit of SLC reporting is in; barring errors it swings the vote to Clinton with only Clinton favorable Jackson County outstanding.

http://electionresults.stlouisco.com/el160315/EL45.HTM

Clinton swept today.

https://youtu.be/kIbEj1CIpuU

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Listening to the speech from the new scotus nom, he sounds like a nice enough dude

He'll be able to get a book or something out of this right? Like some kind of recompense for being a sacrificial lamb

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

While not incorrect, I do find this statement amusing since last thread I saw you make a post questioning the wisdom of letting Southern States "dictate" the early course of the primary season, which sounded an awful lot like wanting to disenfranchise people who voted in an inconvenient way only to quickly edit that part out.

There is some wisdom in the basic concept that we do need to stop letting the east coast decide everything.

Almost everyone I know on the west coast has rarely ever paid attention to the primary because the winners mentality (people are more likely to vote for a perceived winner even if they don't agree with them simply because people enjoy being on the winning side.) pretty much defeats the entire process a third of the way in.

It's pretty shitty democracy.

What we really need is a bloodsport. Bring back dueling!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Can't we agree that duels are dumb and immature

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

sure, but Trump has to answer for his words, sir

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I don't agree with this, and there's only one way to settle it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

I don't agree with this, and there's only one way to settle it.

https://youtu.be/qlSvf0c9Gn4

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.