As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Halfway through the year already? Backlog down or growing?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    oFhrkev.png?2

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Oh, Green Man Gaming. Got this email yesterday about how some UK law is going into effect and requires the website to ask its users to opt-in to their stuff again:gutvgw4vz4bu.png

I clicked on yes and:
    4ay9w1yjs225.png

edit: Wow, really fucked up there. Fixed with the proper second image!

SteevL on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Am I missing something?

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Am I missing something?
    Nah, I think @SteevL just posted the same screenshot twice by mistake.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Desk has been moved! I'll have it all setup for tonight, I am excited! It won't be final as I need to mount the TV but my bro is already doing too much for me and I don't wanna push him lol

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Labeling the email "Stay in, don't pull out" is kinda gross.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @Coffey as you get more popular and stream more common games, I suggest looking into turning on Stream Delay or switching screens while queuing to prevent sniping. It is rarer, but it does happen more often than you'd expect.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Sniping?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I think that is people jumping in with racial epithets

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Sniping?

Viewers joining the same game session and using the streamer's stream to pinpoint them in-game, with the intent of killing them or griefing. (Inappropriate language over voice chat would be an example of griefing)

Basically the same phenomenon as looking at another players screen in local-multiplayer.

Some things that could be considered stream sniping can be pretty funny to watch (personal opinions may differ), but it's mostly disruptive and rude at best.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah. Yes, more confirmation that people suck. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Am I missing something?
    Nah, I think @SteevL just posted the same screenshot twice by mistake.

That'll teach me to post something and then immediately go grocery shopping for an hour!

This was what the second image was supposed to be. I went ahead and edited it back in:
    4ay9w1yjs225.png

• Options
    I dunno. I think it's maybe tacky, but funny. But then, I do have a juvenile sense of humor.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I dunno. I think it's maybe tacky, but funny. But then, I do have a juvenile sense of humor.

That's kind of how I'm looking at it too. Laughing at it because mentally I'm 12, rolling my eyes because physically I'm 40.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Also, GDPR, man. That law is some stuff.

It’s like 6 great ideas, 3 hrmmm ideas, and 4 WTFs.

• Options
    Usually I immediately claim my Humble Monthly games for the next month, but I'm holding off for now. I've actually not been playing much on Steam these days due to revisiting my DS and playing more on my SNES Classic.

Also, I still need to play through Dead Rising 2 and 3 before I touch 4.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

BOTP, repost for new

They had Outlast 2 on sale on Humble last night, with the sale ending just before this month's bundle dropped. I bought it on sale, and then hours later got another copy of the game dumped into my library. I emailed Humble asking for a refund, hoping that they can just remove the extra bundle key from my account and refund me my purchase.

Accept your fate as the sacrifice Span, it's the only way.

Bless Humble, they say that they will issue a refund within 3-5 business days.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    IM BACK GOOD AND PROPER!! I need to break in the new setup though. God, I missed this.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Okay, I finished Blood and Wine and got 100 % achievements, so I must finally say farewell to Geralt of Rivia. It's a bittersweet experience, because this game was a masterpiece, but like with all great titles im sad that adventure is over. I will definitely remember characters, dialogues, all the great scenes and maximum feels created my bonds between Geralt and his friends.

But I must say, I was surprised by BLOOD AND WINE ENDING SPOILER
    Detlaff turning into a monster from DOOM in a boss fight.

• Options
    0rriM7n.png

@Big Classy is back to his old tricks. See what happens when you give a monster PC access?

Thanks for this! Can't wait to give it a go! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KILL ME SOME VERMIN!!!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL THE @Pixelated Pixie !!!!!!!!!!

wXBK7iz.png

• Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    ii9oafca15ce.jpg

Thanks @Pixelated Pixie Though this doesn't get you closer to 3K, #GiftPixie

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    oQzNLHi.png

Et tu, @Asthariel?

Thanks for Disgaea 2! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Thanks for Disgaea 2! <3<3<3

See you in 300 hours

• Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Gorram @ReverseCreations thinks context doesn't matter!
    u2srmqpf4avf.jpg
    Thank you for NWN:EE <3

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    Played FFXV at max settings for a few hours and man, it really feels good on PC. With chat to keep me company, I could've kept going all night with that game but alas, sleep awaited.

• Options
    xQS7DOL.png

!

I leave chat to go play D&D and this happens!

Thanks @ReverseCreations - super interested in this, since it's basically 3D Pac-Man in Hell, so it scratches several gaming itches. <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    xQS7DOL.png

!

Thanks @ReverseCreations - super interested in this, since it's basically 3D Pac-Man in Hell, so it scratches several gaming itches. <3<3<3

It's like Dark Souls but it's also Pac Man.

• Options
    Sooo... a couple hours into it, I just want to say Distortions is amazing.

It's the lovechild of What Became of Edith Finch and Guitar Hero, fostered by Hellblade. And it's stupidly gorgeous, with beautiful music. And a fair bit of The Feels.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @Stabbity Style dunked me with a key for Phantom Brave PC! Thank you very much good sir!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    xQS7DOL.png

!

It's the Dark Souls of Pac Man that's also a bit like Dark Souls?

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Loading...? - Waddle home

This Requires a 'HTC Vive' headset so... if anyone is interested.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Loading...? - Torchlight II

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Waddle Home looks really sweet and I'm now sad it's VR only.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    xQS7DOL.png

!

It's the Dark Souls of Pac Man that's also a bit like Dark Souls?

I thought the dark souls of Pac-Man were Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Picked up a bunch of DLC I was missing from Crusader Kings 2 while it was on sale. Snagged Reaper's Due, Monks and Mystics, and Jade Dragon to be specific.

Started a game in 769 as Sigurd Ring while I go familiar with the UI again and fairly quickly subjugated enough land to form Sweden as a kingdom but the actual money to do so took quite a bit longer. So there was more conquering and one case of sending a sister or niece off to China as a concubine for the emperor. Had one son after the one he starts with so the realm didn't split too much after his death and it was a pretty standard Sigurd start minus trading a relative for favor with China.

Ragnar Lodbrok started his reign by joining the demon worshipers and declaring war on his brother who had broken away with a one county duchy. Unfortunately I used the wrong cassus belli and made him my vassal instead of the one that would have exercised a claim on the county myself. He was a thorn in my side as a result and I had to fight multiple duels with him. The wound I got in one led to an infection that probably contributed to getting scurvy on Ragnar's first raid by sea but after recovering from that raiding was both frequent and lucrative. Didn't take long to loot an epic (purple lettering no less) +2 axe from Ireland. And Ragnar housed a fleeing Chinese courtier who gave a gift of a nice jade amulet that boosted building times as thanks when the danger passed.

Charlemagne never got his act together, as in most games, so the Karlings split into a number of kingdoms and fought so much against each other that Saxony survived as Germanic. Unfortunately at one point a Slavic high chief saw the King of Saxony as weak and subjugated the entire realm. Fortunately said king then died in battle during a rebellion and Saxony split off again with a child ruler so I subjugated him and a short war later Braunschweig's Germanic holy site was back in Germanic control. Claims were fabricated to take other holy sites from the rather large petty kingdom of Sjaelland giving me the holy sites needed to reform the Germanic faith. Moral authority would take a bit more time but could be done by raiding Ireland's independent counties and burning down their churches.

The piety needed was more problematic due to, uh, that whole demon worshiper thing. As long as I turned down missions to desecrate my own temples I could balance what I needed to reform the faith and accrue dark power. And captives from raids that their lieges didn't want to pay the ransom for could be sacrificed in great blot celebrations for piety instead of for demon worship. Eventually Rangar did have to slow down some of the demon worship though. The first demon summoning went great with an unholy blessing that gave +3 martial. The raven familiar was handy. The fertility boost after an orgy where one of my military commanders died was kind of a mixed bag. Especially since another demon summoning resulted in an unhappy demon that magicked away Ragnar's dick and left him a eunuch. That actually was convenient as Ragnar already had two adult sons with good stats and didn't really need any more that would divide the realm on death. Getting hit with Frailty and the persistent case of TB from magical corruption was a bigger issue though. Still, he managed to burn down enough Irish churches and sacrifice enough Irish and Slavic prisoners no one loved to get enough Germanic Moral Authority and piety to reform form the Germanic faith so that the Norse could spread the gospel of Odin and Freya to the Slavic people. And the frailty was dealt with after a friend from the demon worshipers gifted Ragnar with a hunting dog that was just a dog and regular exercise training it restored his constitution. He passed on a budding empire that extended from the west of Finland to the Northwestern part of Germany to his sons when he passed away from a combination of old age and demonic corruption.

Also, he traded a daughter to the Chinese emperor for favor.

You know, all stuff detailed in the Hervarar Saga.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I am going to have hells of a backlog when I get a PC again.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Finished up Chuchel with my daughter who loved every minute. Going to have to buy Botanicula next.

Also @HiT BiT, I'm making good progress through Last Day of June. Or sad process, I'm not sure yet. Its amazing though, thanks!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    @Grove infested my garden with some Overgrowth

Numerous creatures will die!

edit: crashing on startup

RoyceSraphim on
This discussion has been closed.