As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emergency [chat] Protocol 7-B

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    These pears are taking FOREVER to ripen

I should create a startup that will ripen your pears for you with an over engineered machine that costs a thousand dollars

I’ll call it PEARERO

is it a rotten banana or other ripe fruit that you put in a bag with the pears

except instead of a bag it is a Science Bag and instead of a rotten fruit it's individually packaged canisters of ethylene?

ooh but the canisters are shaped like fruits so it's cute as well as high tech

You’re hired

Ok I will make the beautiful powerpoints and extract money from investors and also render 3d mockups of cute fruits

you can figure out how to implement the stuff I bullshit about

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

I should create a startup that will ripen your pears for you with an over engineered machine that costs a thousand dollars

I’ll call it PEARERO

except instead of a bag it is a Science Bag and instead of a rotten fruit it's individually packaged canisters of ethylene?

You’re hired

Ok I will make the beautiful powerpoints and extract money from investors and also render 3d mockups of cute fruits

"implement"

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

I’ll call it PEARERO

You’re hired

Implement? Well, there is a first time for everything.

• Options
    but i'm sure you could incorporate a sensor that takes a reading of the flesh color of the fruit as it ripens and weights the fruit and delivers the "correct" amount of ethylene to the bag

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    oh boy I am very glad I did not spend any dollarydoos on state of decay 2. total jankfest so far.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    hello i'm here to kickstart RIPEO the newest machine that ensures your fruit ripens at exactly the time you'd like it to with pre-programmed doses of ethylene

You’re hired too

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Or can I join your company

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

I’ll call it PEARERO

You’re hired

"implement"

We can make ethylene by boiling everclear with battery acid.

I wonder what happens when you try to order shit from like, aldrich with a credit card...

• Options
    but i'm sure you could incorporate a sensor that takes a reading of the flesh color of the fruit as it ripens and weights the fruit and delivers the "correct" amount of ethylene to the bag

yep yep, powered by state of the art machine learning and machine vision algorithms

hm actually we really need to figure out if it has a hard-edged/tacticool vibe, scifi/hi-tech vibe, or domestic/cute vibe, because that really changes the language we'd use to talk about the sensors and algorithms

basically is it black/silver, white/silver, or pastel/woodgrain

• Options

yep yep, powered by state of the art machine learning and machine vision algorithms

hm actually we really need to figure out if it has a hard-edged/tacticool vibe, scifi/hi-tech vibe, or domestic/cute vibe, because that really changes the language we'd use to talk about the sensors and algorithms

cred have I ever told you I deeply respect your mind

if not

there it is

(also I'm thinking scifi/hi-tech vibe, so white/silver)

(or actually these are all stretch goals)

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

I’ll call it PEARERO

You’re hired

"implement"

We can make ethylene by boiling everclear with battery acid.

I wonder what happens when you try to order shit from like, aldrich with a credit card...

I also respect your mind as well

*goes to buy batteries*

• Options

if not

there it is

Wait are we conning obtaining VC or doing a kickstarter.

I just hired myself.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    What if inatead of all this bullshit we just took the good part (cute fruit with C2 chemicals inside) and ditched all the bad parts (eating fruit, double bonds). So we sell little cute fruits with a shot's worth of flavored vodka inside them.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    milski wrote: »
    What if inatead of all this bullshit we just took the good part (cute fruit with C2 chemicals inside) and ditched all the bad parts (eating fruit, double bonds). So we sell little cute fruits with a shot's worth of flavored vodka inside them.

So you're saying yes to the everclear and no to the sulfuric acid?

VishNub on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Just make one 3D printed model in green, and you can photoshop the rest! It's Kickstarter!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Just make one 3D printed model in green, and you can photoshop the rest! It's Kickstarter!

I don't think 3d printed fruit will ripen correctly.

• Options

if not

there it is

I was born to be chief bullshit artist for a tech startup; unclear why I'm a scientist instead

yeah hi-tech is probably best, but I really want a stretch goal where the ethylene release packages are shaped like cute fruits; different color containers can also be stretch goals in order to go full cute.

Hm I guess you see inside it with a camera and a screen instead of a transparent wall, so you can include some amount of customizable design on the screen as well--default is very streamlined, of course. And it interfaces with your smart home devices ('alexa, set my pears to ripen by tomorrow morning') and the ~~internet of things~~

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Can you imagine working with someone who talks like Deadpool? Like they know they're a fictional character?

That would be peak annoying.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I miss Bali

god damn going to work tomorrow.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    You scared me off having children.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I don't think 3d printed fruit will ripen correctly.

wo0rf9k7qi66.png

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

if not

there it is

I was born to be chief bullshit artist for a tech startup; unclear why I'm a scientist instead

yeah hi-tech is probably best, but I really want a stretch goal where the ethylene release packages are shaped like cute fruits; different color containers can also be stretch goals in order to go full cute.

Hm I guess you see inside it with a camera and a screen instead of a transparent wall, so you can include some amount of customizable design on the screen as well--default is very streamlined, of course. And it interfaces with your smart home devices ('alexa, set my pears to ripen by tomorrow morning') and the ~~internet of things~~

Can it also mine bitcoin?

• Options
    we are kickstarting this to extort venture capital

i mean

to deliver a successful product to market

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    for all it has some serious gameplay problems, the music from Zelda 2 is pretty awesome. By the time it came out they'd really figured out how to get the most out of the NES audio hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4XtffirjE

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

sold!

You'd have to be careful to make sure it didn't come across as marketing to underage drinkers though, even though it most certainly is.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Can you imagine working with someone who talks like Deadpool? Like they know they're a fictional character?

That would be peak annoying.

Look, the Neco brand has always maintained upfront that it takes a team of no less than 36 writers to keep the Neco image running at full speed with the amount of high quality posts you see.

• Options
    whose salaries do we need to pay now

Cas Eddy- CEO/Internet Connectivity
    Cred- 3d modeling, visual algorithms
    Arch- Biological consultant/ machine learning assistance
    Vish- Chemical consultant / battery acid

• Options

if not

there it is

I'm considering saying it can't mine bitcoin but it uses the blockchain to give each fruit a unique identifier and securely track it, but honestly that pushes the bullshit over the plausibly fundable line.

How about instead: it uses the blockchain to ensure network security and its unique signature within the internet of things.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    There is a recent Red Dwarf episode where people are printed from a bio printer.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

you're all getting stock options while i embezzle

• Options

I thought I was just chief bullshitter
    are you going to make me do tech work? I mean I guess I could, if I really had to/got a lot of equity. Or you can just put my resume on the website because it does match the resume of someone who can do algorithms development and makes us look more reputable.
    This is a very non-diverse team of founders though...

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    i've heard cas eddy would do it for the experience

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

if not

there it is

I'm considering saying it can't mine bitcoin but it uses the blockchain to give each fruit a unique identifier and securely track it, but honestly that pushes the bullshit over the plausibly fundable line.

How about instead: it uses the blockchain to ensure network security and its unique signature within the internet of things.

What if we funded the whole thing by having an ICO of fruitcoin, which is the new currency I just made up.

• Options

Cas Eddy- CEO/"Internet Connectivity"
    Cred- "3d modeling", "visual algorithms"
    Arch- "Biological consultant"/ "machine learning assistance"
    Vish- "Chemical consultant" / battery acid

are you going to make me do tech work? I mean I guess I could, if I really had to/got a lot of equity. Or you can just put my resume on the website because it does match the resume of someone who can do algorithms development and makes us look more reputable.

sorry hold on i fixed it

• Options

sorry hold on i fixed it

oh much better

do we want to just mostly pocket the money and work out of a hip coworking space or do we want to blow a bunch of it on unnecessary office perks in our own place? I'm leaning towards the former

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I went to bed too early and now I’m awake again but it’s wayyyyy too early to be awake but here we are

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    hello fish

also that girl i was seeing broke it off before my trip

so ugh back to the grind

The good news is at first I thought she said she broke off your tip

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options

sorry hold on i fixed it

oh much better

do we want to just mostly pocket the money and work out of a hip coworking space or do we want to blow a bunch of it on unnecessary office perks in our own place? I'm leaning towards the former

We will need somewhere to put the batteries. That's not in quotes, so I assume I have to actually do it.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    "Why do people who post these videos feel they have to put str8 or first time in the title? The guy is wearing the gay version of crotchless panties. The top shoves his cock in like he's shoving a quarter in a soda machine..."

That metaphor is definitely gonna stay with me

someone needs to tell this anonymous commenter he has a gift

MrMister on
  • Options

sorry hold on i fixed it

oh much better

We will need somewhere to put the batteries. That's not in quotes, so I assume I have to actually do it.

I just assumed you had battery acid on you at all times, just like if I put bugs up there it wouldn't be in quotes

This discussion has been closed.