As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get in the car, loser [chat], we're going on a Shadowrun!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Street Samurai - Bushido. Honor. Claws in my wrists, monofilament katana in my fists. I'm a weeb who studied the blade.
    My normal 2 pm meeting got moved to 4 due to a conflict with a high priority meeting.

And I am not pleased.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Decker/Hacker - I'm a fuckin' nerd.
    Larry Bird trash talk is great because he looks like a total fucking dweebus and if he wasn't just streets ahead of everyone else there's no way he could've gotten away with it.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    The worst is when it's like 88-92 F and rains for about 30 minutes then the sun comes out and microwaves everything.

That's some horse shit.

Where you step outside and it's like stepping into a lockeroom. The entire natural world is steaming in its own juices and it just smells like hot wet mulch everywhere. Bugs are having a field day making a shitload of noise, every buzzing call muddied by too-humid air.

Your mom is like "stop being a baby and get out there and clean the pool we have company coming" and you're like but mom its disgusting outside and the pool is fine! We cleaned it yesterday!

And you really deeply regret not looking harder for a summer job.

Oh when I turned 14 I had a summer job. I got paid $5 an hour under the table to help a lady refinish antique furniture, which meant I spent 8 hours a day in a poorly ventilated warehouse using paint stripper on 100 year old varnish and that's why I don't have hair on my arms.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Other - Look, we don't have a class-based system here, so everyone has some weird special snowflake build designed to maximize Shurikens or some shit like that.
    Echo wrote: »

Never forget.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_5325d_Hw

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I dressed up like Ken Griffey Jr. for a presentation in 4th grade

I have no idea

I think I found a book at the school library on baseball, and who could I pick from Detroit, Alan Trammel?

Cecil Fielder?

i dunno when you were in 4th grade

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I enjoy a good trash talker. Obviously if they just yell gross homophobic stuff or whatever then they can eat shit but a well aimed insult is a joy.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I enjoy a good trash talker. Obviously if they just yell gross homophobic stuff or whatever then they can eat shit but a well aimed insult is a joy.

it's like 99% "huh huh your moms gay" but every once in a while you get a guy with a real gift and it's a joy to behold

• Options
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also good for Bo Burnham. I like that guy.

• Options
    Whelp thanks Chanus I guess I'm watching letterkenny clips for an hour. I mean I had shit to do.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    "You did your best" and "you did great" to someone you crushed is probably the best trash talk

Couscous on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Troll - It doesn't matter what archetype you have, you're a Troll, and therefore you're the meatshield and human forklift.
    Chanus wrote: »

"these tumblerinas have lost the plot anyways"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Street Samurai - Bushido. Honor. Claws in my wrists, monofilament katana in my fists. I'm a weeb who studied the blade.
    Also good for Bo Burnham. I like that guy.

He is truly talented, writing/directing 8th Grade, being a complex villain in Promising Young Woman, and of course making the whole world laugh and cry in seven minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYy0o-J0x20

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Glenn McGrath asking a batsman “Why are you so fat?” is the usual sort of dull, nasty sledging that’s very boring, but the batsman answering back “Because every time I shag your wife she gives me a biscuit” is gold.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    "You did your best" and "your did great" to someone you crushed is probably the best trash talk

LoL: I was getting wrecked in lane, not that I was playing badly but I was just purely outclassed for 10 solid minutes. Finally two teammates came up top and we attempted to 3v1 dunk this Diana...

we all died. Moments later in all chat Diana just goes "Send 5."

I don't think I've raged harder at a game in my life :)

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    now wait hold on

Tycho is like, actively nice to the support rep, he doesn't correct them or yell at them.

There really isn't any abusive customer vibe to the comic at all!

No, but he’s painting the person on the other end of the line as if they’re a monster/alien creature. Not a human being

And that they're lying.

• Options
    i have a pal who is one of those who just misses the point of trash talk completely and goes straight from 0 to 100 and hurts someone's feelings with a comment that is just way over the line

it's kind of an art in its own right to be so bad at it

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Yeah this

5ttee6m4ubxm.png

This reads like Tycho called the customer service line and just vomited all of this all over someone who was just directing their call to the appropriate department.

Because people frequently call in to the wrong departments expecting someone who has no experience, capability, or access to systems to fix a problem they literally can't fix.

And because he was told he dialed the wrong number or wasn't talking to the right people, he made a comic about them being an inhuman monster.

Honestly, fuck him.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    i have a pal who is one of those who just misses the point of trash talk completely and goes straight from 0 to 100 and hurts someone's feelings with a comment that is just way over the line

it's kind of an art in its own right to be so bad at it

I've got a friend like that and english is his second language so I think a lot of it is tone and meaning but yeah you'll be like "man I wish this guy hadn't screwed us over" and he'll be all "Yeah let's fucking slash his tires and piss in his mailbox" and I'm like "woah buddy I was just thinking of a passive aggressive e-mail but I like where your heads at"

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Troll - It doesn't matter what archetype you have, you're a Troll, and therefore you're the meatshield and human forklift.
    Sega was Better

Blast whatevers and whatnot

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I just made a fart that smells vaguely like sour cream and onion potato chips

• Options

so a fart then

• Options

so a fart then

It's a Fart if you add siracha

• Options
    Lol of all the shit they couldn't license for the Amazon Invincible show they changed Science Dog to Séance Dog

• Options
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    It is a lot more palatable to pretend that ISPs are run by demons and not by the damned.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

"What the fuck is a shamrockette. A shamrock with tits?"

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It is a lot more palatable to pretend that ISPs are run by demons and not by the damned.

Nobody you talk to when you have a problem at an ISP runs it, though. They get paid livable wages to maintain it.

It's beating the slaves moving the blocks because you've got a problem with the pharaoh making the pyramid.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sega Genesis: Higher clockspeed, dogshit GPU, legendary sound chip that could only do retro funk

Super Nintendo: Pathetic CPU, legendary GPU, sound chip that could sound like a bad version of pretty much anything

• Options
    You boys don't shred the red?

No lippers either?

What about that bush, is it regulation boys?

• Options
    I can honestly say in my lifetime to date of 38 years I have been a hockey player, a skid, and a shirt tucker.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »

"What the fuck is a shamrockette. A shamrock with tits?"

who ever thought the girl who ingested mosquito eggs after drinking out of mud puddles would grow up to almost be accepted to community college

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i met bo after his show here and he is both very nice and freakishly tall

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i met bo after his show here and he is both very nice and freakishly tall

Now we know why he was cast.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    They did the same comic 12 years ago:

528499984_smvzj-L-2.jpg

Though in that one they actually do abuse the CSR.

So you know, that's progress.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Hermetic Mage - I'm Harry Potter with a midlife crisis and a gnarled wand.
    me, seeing "film youtube"

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Other - Look, we don't have a class-based system here, so everyone has some weird special snowflake build designed to maximize Shurikens or some shit like that.
    Poor Tiamat. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    They did the same comic 12 years ago when they were in a position to not only have but afford 30 meg internet and still felt the need to make that comic.

• Options
    They did the same comic 12 years ago when they were in a position to not only have but afford 30 meg internet and still felt the need to make that comic.

30 meg in 2009 in Seattle wasn't really anything special.

Like a non techy person would've been on DSL maybe but that's cause that shit was like $20/month.

• Options
    The Super Nintendo's PPU is so good, I wonder how deliberate it was in terms of design. It has a ton of modes and seems kind of confusing to program for, but some of the things it had were really really smart in terms of having a huge impact without much cost.

Like Mode7 is just a single background layer with an affine transform. That's it, that's all it can do. One layer of tiles, limited colors, scaled and rotated. It was costly in terms of silicon but within budget for a $200 toy in the 1990s. But just having this capability suddenly made it so arcade ports could keep their flashy titlescreens (a huge deal for first impressions), racing games could do a true 360º behind-the-car perspective, and every RPG could have a fancy overworld map that zooms in and out.

The genesis had to struggle pretty hard to compete with nearly every SNES game having these effortless scale and rotation effects that cost nearly zero CPU or development time, but made them look substantially flashier.

This discussion has been closed.