As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Snap] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Do not spend tokens on Black Cat good lord

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Fyi folks, this is a dead giveaway for a bot.

876q0aa46g1o.png

I snapped as soon as I saw it and got 8 cubes for free here.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I almost pulled the trigger on Jane foster!! I’m a maverick!!

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Vann Diras wrote: »

You're like the Swede'd version of Maverick where the fighter jets are actually cardboard fins attached to their station wagon and Goose is an actual Goose.

Just saw a gold foil base mantis who is almost certainly a bot or has the intelligence level of a bot. Like nobody in their right mind is giving base, non variant Mantis that many fucking infinity splits.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Exhibit A why I think Leader is an extremely overrated card, and actively bad in the hands of inexperienced players:

2par8t1d9gc3.png

You can’t Leader into a Wong/Mystique. That is never, ever going to come out in your favor.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    If you have priority and insta-Snap when your opponent plays Wong they usually retreat.

I've done it a bunch of times now even when I don't have Cosmo and it works most of the time for some reason.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I let Bast mosey past, looking for something like Shuri or Wong atm after I decided to unpin Knull

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Exhibit A why I think Leader is an extremely overrated card, and actively bad in the hands of inexperienced players:

2par8t1d9gc3.png

You can’t Leader into a Wong/Mystique. That is never, ever going to come out in your favor.

I mean I just 8 cubed one because I'm a fucking psychic genius and played Cosmo into that lane with priority, but I think there's a upside down bell curve to Leader's effectiveness with player skill. At the low end of the skill/experience level neither player is thinking about Leader too much, so Leader can be super effective. There's a medium point where people get trained to "LOL LEADER AUTO WINS LOL" and they just play it. Then at the top end, Leader is so crazy effective that you just have to leave because they MIGHT have it.

Also in this example we already know your opponent is dumb regardless of his turn 6 play. You can't stick around a Wong lane regardless of what your top end is. The literal only reason for him to still be in this game is if he has a turn 6 Cosmo to ruin your shit because it looks like he had priority before the Gambit goes brrrrr.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Advancement in this game is starting to feel weird. I'm sitting on 5000 credits (capped) and have nothing to spend them on. If I can't increase my collection level, then I cant earn more cards? Is this a "put money in the pot or stop moving forward" situation? Or am I missing an important Plot Hint?

How do you have 5000 credits with nothing to spend them on? Unless you barely play and mostly only get the daily reward you should be awash in upgradeable cards.
    Maybe? I mean, I play until I complete the "missions" and then I stop because I am not motivated to play for no reason. Usually 30 to 45 minutes a session, pretty much every day. I've completed the season pass track for all season I've played (three so far, and there's only 50 levels there). I'd say that's more than "barely play[ing]" but maybe my definition of "barely" is different from yours.

I guess I could just start buying all of the "fast upgrade" boosters packs but that would just upgrade cards I never use, so seems kinda silly.

There's your problem.

You're expected to upgrade every card you have in order to increase your collection level and get more cards. I don't know if you have all the cards already or not but if you do, i think you're at the point where you're just expected to sink credits into upgrading cards you don't care for.
    Can't upgrade without boosters and I didn't have those. There was literally no way for me to upgrade OTHER than buying the "fast upgrades" in the shop.

(Until the game decided to give me boosters as a game-win reward which unlocked the logjam.)

You get boosters after every game no matter what. Specifically boosters for a card in your deck.

Spending credits on fast upgrade is a bad choice, since all it takes is to just play the game to earn boosters.

Eh
    I'm also hitting the credit cap constantly.
    And I'm just playing whatever I built for the location-of-the-day mostly.

Biggest problem for me is I have all these green cards that could be upgraded, but I can't be bothered. I'd have to go through too many animations.
    And I don't particularly want to go up pool levels, so I'm not pressured to go through all the animations either.
    So I just upgrade my current deck.

As such, I might buy boosters for my deck just to stop hitting the cap.

Just unlocked multiple man though, so that's going into the Shuri deck.

I feel this as well, I'm often above 5000 credits and can't collect my mission finishes without playing extra games to collect some boosters.

At my collection level (404), just doing enough games to finish the quests doesn't burn through your credits fast enough.

Thought I would do an update. I'm at 1343 card level now, I have 0 cards that I can upgrade, and I'm capped out at 10,000 credits. I think the game balances around people playing the bare minimum games to finish their daily and weekly quests.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    Advancement in this game is starting to feel weird. I'm sitting on 5000 credits (capped) and have nothing to spend them on. If I can't increase my collection level, then I cant earn more cards? Is this a "put money in the pot or stop moving forward" situation? Or am I missing an important Plot Hint?

How do you have 5000 credits with nothing to spend them on? Unless you barely play and mostly only get the daily reward you should be awash in upgradeable cards.
    Maybe? I mean, I play until I complete the "missions" and then I stop because I am not motivated to play for no reason. Usually 30 to 45 minutes a session, pretty much every day. I've completed the season pass track for all season I've played (three so far, and there's only 50 levels there). I'd say that's more than "barely play[ing]" but maybe my definition of "barely" is different from yours.

I guess I could just start buying all of the "fast upgrade" boosters packs but that would just upgrade cards I never use, so seems kinda silly.

There's your problem.

You're expected to upgrade every card you have in order to increase your collection level and get more cards. I don't know if you have all the cards already or not but if you do, i think you're at the point where you're just expected to sink credits into upgrading cards you don't care for.
    Can't upgrade without boosters and I didn't have those. There was literally no way for me to upgrade OTHER than buying the "fast upgrades" in the shop.

(Until the game decided to give me boosters as a game-win reward which unlocked the logjam.)

You get boosters after every game no matter what. Specifically boosters for a card in your deck.

Spending credits on fast upgrade is a bad choice, since all it takes is to just play the game to earn boosters.

Eh

Biggest problem for me is I have all these green cards that could be upgraded, but I can't be bothered. I'd have to go through too many animations.
    And I don't particularly want to go up pool levels, so I'm not pressured to go through all the animations either.

I feel this as well, I'm often above 5000 credits and can't collect my mission finishes without playing extra games to collect some boosters.

At my collection level (404), just doing enough games to finish the quests doesn't burn through your credits fast enough.

Thought I would do an update. I'm at 1343 card level now, I have 0 cards that I can upgrade, and I'm capped out at 10,000 credits. I think the game balances around people playing the bare minimum games to finish their daily and weekly quests.

I would trade you my nearly 700 Killmonger boosters for like a day's worth of credits if I could. You can also have my almost 500 Lizard boosters, I'll throw em in no charge.

"Hat, why don't you spend boosters on these guys?" These basic bitch ass nerds don't deserve it. If I get a cool variant sure.

• Options
    Right? I try not to spend boosters on base cards. I’ve got Agatha for collection leveling

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

You're like the Swede'd version of Maverick where the fighter jets are actually cardboard fins attached to their station wagon and Goose is an actual Goose.

Just saw a gold foil base mantis who is almost certainly a bot or has the intelligence level of a bot. Like nobody in their right mind is giving base, non variant Mantis that many fucking infinity splits.

I would, I don't like most of the variants. (Hell, I don't like most of the variant art in general; real picky about my card art.)

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

I would, I don't like most of the variants. (Hell, I don't like most of the variant art in general; real picky about my card art.)

Who is playing enough Mantis to get that many boosters and then of all the things you could possibly spend credits on in that deck you're like "I know Devil Dino is super cool and the star of this deck but like MANTIS HELL YES."

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Maybe Mantis is their favorite character.

Why you gotta Splitshame?!??!

• Options
    I assume that anyone who liked Mantis going into this game would have their opinion of them lowered by how terrible her card is and therefore no sane person would split Mantis, much less get enough boosters for her to split.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Mantis is a perfectly fine card for what she is, which is a 1-drop for Dino before you get Agent 13. Some cards just aren't meant to come out past Pool 2

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Which is sad because I have the Kael variant of Mantis which I like a lot.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Just got Black Cat out of a Cache. Blech. Even with her buff, she won't be seeing any play.

Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. Closer to the better cards.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Mantis is a perfectly fine card for what she is, which is a 1-drop for Dino before you get Agent 13. Some cards just aren't meant to come out past Pool 2

This is reinforcing my point that anyone who plays her enough to get the boosters to gold infinity split her is insane. It'd be like infinity split Uatu.

• Options
    Still hovering around 40/41. I got to 60 last season and wonder if I'll get there again. I'd like to hope so, but we'll see. Too many 1-2 cube wins/losses to ever climb/fall.

Maybe I should build a top tier deck and try to focus more on being more aggressive with t1-3 snapping.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

This is reinforcing my point that anyone who plays her enough to get the boosters to gold infinity split her is insane. It'd be like infinity split Uatu.

I still use her in my Collector-Lockjaw deck. She makes perfectly good Lockjaw fodder that sometimes pulls a useful card that I can play cheaper with Quinjet.

But I also prefer playing non-meta decks and have no interest in using a generically good card like Leader because it takes the fun and challenge out of things, so I probably qualify as insane to you.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I have 358 Mantis boosters, which is (checks notes) still not enough to get a gold background. I didn't think about it but not even my cards I have a thousand boosters for is necessarily enough. That's crazy.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Still hovering around 40/41. I got to 60 last season and wonder if I'll get there again. I'd like to hope so, but we'll see. Too many 1-2 cube wins/losses to ever climb/fall.

Maybe I should build a top tier deck and try to focus more on being more aggressive with t1-3 snapping.

What are you playing currently? I feel pretty confident your deck probably doesn't matter too much until you're a lot higher.

Your aggressiveness on snapping is really going to vary based on the deck too. Some decks will not want to t 1-3 snap. Some decks will.

• Options

I mean I'd be tempted. A whole lot of people are playing "I like this character" and not "must make ladder bar go up", after all. I mean, obviously they're trying to make "a functioning deck" too, but like, I keep trying to make a GotG themed deck, or like a SHIELD themed one, etc etc... 'Cause I like theme decks. When I played TT MTG, I'd make goblin decks, kobold decks, you name it.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Spidey, Lizard, and Ant-man need to join the GotG to encourage our opponents to play where we want ‘em to. (I dunno… Titania?)

Now that I think about it.. Spidey + Titania on 5 ain’t a bad play.

(…and this is why I’ll never be Infinite. Because now I’m going to lose 20 cubes to this idea)

akjak on
  • Options
    Ooh no actually, Spidey works; he was in a movie with them, on screen at the same time and everything. (Yeah it's not their mainline movies, but I feel like it counts for theme purposes.) Ant-man's a bit more stretch, but same movie anyway...

• Options
    edited January 2023
    dporowski wrote: »
    Ooh no actually, Spidey works; he was in a movie with them, on screen at the same time and everything. (Yeah it's not their mainline movies, but I feel like it counts for theme purposes.) Ant-man's a bit more stretch, but same movie anyway...

Hell, EVERYONE was on screen all at once against Thanos for a sec there. But yeah, Spider-man was actually on Titan with them. Guess you could count Strange too then.

You do totally get Thor tho, and I guess in the comics Cosmo too.

akjak on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I get the appeal of throwing together a theme deck I suppose - but the locations are just too random - half the games you play your not going to really get to play out your theme anyway.

I need the ladder to have a number that I'm trying to go up, because any individual game is just and then this random thing happened

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I get the appeal of throwing together a theme deck I suppose - but the locations are just too random - half the games you play your not going to really get to play out your theme anyway.

I need the ladder to have a number that I'm trying to go up, because any individual game is just and then this random thing happened

Once I hit infinite last month I basically logged in to do missions and that was it. I definitely need numbers to go up, it's just how I'm wired. It's why the Peloton has worked for me so much better than just exercising in a vacuum. Fuck you dude, I will beat you, you can't pass me.

In related news, went from 73 to 80 today. Once I stopped fucking around and just used Sera Surfer and really locked in it was a pretty steady climb up.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »

Once I hit infinite last month I basically logged in to do missions and that was it. I definitely need numbers to go up, it's just how I'm wired. It's why the Peloton has worked for me so much better than just exercising in a vacuum. Fuck you dude, I will beat you, you can't pass me.

In related news, went from 73 to 80 today. Once I stopped fucking around and just used Sera Surfer and really locked in it was a pretty steady climb up.

Shoot me your Sera/Surfer deck...assuming it doesn't need Brood :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    It does use Brood. I believe you also don't own Maximus, so I would maybe try Negative Surfer. Negative would like Brood too, but it won't miss it as much. You can still jam Sera into Negative if you like as well.

I would also recommend patriot to climb as it again has a very bright line to snap which makes life easy. DeathWave can also be good and I believe you have all the parts for that, although I swear to God the moment I start playing it everyone has Leader.

If you want another list, Daredevil Zabu is also pretty strong. I've used it a bit and it's a cube positive deck for me and it's pretty fun. You will probably have to be brave about snapping a bit early which can be unnerving for a control deck. If you snap on 5 when you're already seen their turn they're liable to leave.

But really, you can pick whatever you think is fun. Consistency and learning the deck is most important.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Every time I consider moving off of my current deck, I think about all the joy (and cubes) I'd miss out on from no longer getting to watch my opponent smugly snap and drop a t6 Leader into my Cerebro-Mystique

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    It does use Brood. I believe you also don't own Maximus, so I would maybe try Negative Surfer. Negative would like Brood too, but it won't miss it as much. You can still jam Sera into Negative if you like as well.

I would also recommend patriot to climb as it again has a very bright line to snap which makes life easy. DeathWave can also be good and I believe you have all the parts for that, although I swear to God the moment I start playing it everyone has Leader.

If you want another list, Daredevil Zabu is also pretty strong. I've used it a bit and it's a cube positive deck for me and it's pretty fun. You will probably have to be brave about snapping a bit early which can be unnerving for a control deck. If you snap on 5 when you're already seen their turn they're liable to leave.

But really, you can pick whatever you think is fun. Consistency and learning the deck is most important.

Yeah, Patriot is still MIA for me. I can roll DeathWave but would be interested in the Daredevil Zabu deck. Hope I have all the cards. What’s the list?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular

There's your problem.

Eh

I am always low on credits and have boosters for quite a few upgrades, is it just playstyle? I usually rotate between many different decks and have a slot for the "CHAFF UPGRADE" deck, things that are low level upgrades and not really a working deck but I will throw few cubes worth of losses to get some boosters for the cards. I m nowhere near a good player, this season on am still 28, never been above 47 but my first season was the Back Panther one and I play casually really compared to many.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Yeah, Patriot is still MIA for me. I can roll DeathWave but would be interested in the Daredevil Zabu deck. Hope I have all the cards. What’s the list?
    # (2) Daredevil
    # (2) Goose
    # (2) Sentinel
    # (2) Lizard
    # (3) Storm
    # (3) Zabu
    # (4) Shang-Chi
    # (4) Spider-Man
    # (4) Drax
    # (4) Enchantress
    # (4) Jessica Jones
    # (5) Gamora
    #
    eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHb29zZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYXgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZXNzaWNhSm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9XX0=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Here you go. I'll also include hoogland's sera guide, there has to be something there you can put together too. If you're missing something you can look at the budget list and make subs.

https://youtu.be/s218TlZdAPY

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

SNIP

I mean I just 8 cubed one because I'm a fucking psychic genius and played Cosmo into that lane with priority, but I think there's a upside down bell curve to Leader's effectiveness with player skill. At the low end of the skill/experience level neither player is thinking about Leader too much, so Leader can be super effective. There's a medium point where people get trained to "LOL LEADER AUTO WINS LOL" and they just play it. Then at the top end, Leader is so crazy effective that you just have to leave because they MIGHT have it.

Also in this example we already know your opponent is dumb regardless of his turn 6 play. You can't stick around a Wong lane regardless of what your top end is. The literal only reason for him to still be in this game is if he has a turn 6 Cosmo to ruin your shit because it looks like he had priority before the Gambit goes brrrrr.

Here's a prime example of that bolded statement:

k5qe3yojns0d.jpg

Dude was winning every location heading into turn 6. I had just played a wave on turn 5.

They retreat.

People retreat constantly once they see the shell of my deck is a leader type deck. Doubly so if I get Wave out on turn 5.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ah
    Death Wave Leader.
    That's not making me cry inside at all

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I just bought Death from the Shop a few days ago. I didnt have her for sooo long though. I only have something like 15 cards left in Pool 3.

On the bright side, I'm close to being done!

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Huh ran into a weird bug where me and the enemy both played Cable and the second deck just got stuck floating in air, we could emote but after 4ish minutes it scrubbed the game, said Escaped but I didn't lose cubes?

• Options
    I just bought Death from the Shop a few days ago. I didnt have her for sooo long though. I only have something like 15 cards left in Pool 3.

On the bright side, I'm close to being done!

I have like 13 myself and it's mostly cards I'm not super enthused to play. Debrii and Magik are probably the only exciting ones. I suppose the lockjaw casino might be fun to bust out from time to time.