As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

10th Edition is Go! [40k]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it was rewritten because it was too strong????

jesus christ, after tau, nids, and votann I can't even imagine how bad it must have been

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

jesus christ, after tau, nids, and votann I can't even imagine how bad it must have been

Some of the rumours about Guard that are slipping out sound nightmare inducing

There's apparently a flat 14 damage weapon in the book

Deathstrikes are dealing 3D3 mortal wounds in an AOE, and they can fire multiple missiles per game

Super hyped to be on the receiving end of it

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Deathstrikes are dealing 3D3 mortal wounds in an AOE, and they can fire multiple missiles per game

I mean tau are damn close to the flat 14 with a rail gun that is a minimum of 6+d3+3 mortals.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the vehicles for Votann. I'm doing the troops in Tans-Hyperiuan Alliance colors, the orange, and there aren't any examples of the vehicles in that color scheme. It seems like it would be too orange.

I'm already trying to think of an alternate for the Einhyr Hearthguard since they are solid armor and no cloth to break it up and I think that to is too much orange. Maybe flip the Heathgruard to be white armor with orange stripe? They are elites.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    New balance Dataslate for KillTeam today.

A small buff for Phobos giving them a strategic ploy for 1CP that grants P1 if they don’t move and only dash.

Also some buffs for the Warpcoven Rubrics, which even lets their gunners doubleshoot at the cost of extra APL necessitating they remain stationary to pull it off.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Dirty space white and orange is always a good combination.

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Flat 14 damage has to be the Shadowsword main gun. At least the poor Knights players won't be going up against three of them.

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Update on my order for the 2nd year WH+ minis: just got tracking.

So I guess us first year folks just get to buy them whenever and don't have to wait until the end of the year? I mean I pay yearly so I've already given them all the money for 12 months even if I unsubscribe so that makes sense.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the vehicles for Votann. I'm doing the troops in Tans-Hyperiuan Alliance colors, the orange, and there aren't any examples of the vehicles in that color scheme. It seems like it would be too orange.

I'm already trying to think of an alternate for the Einhyr Hearthguard since they are solid armor and no cloth to break it up and I think that to is too much orange. Maybe flip the Heathgruard to be white armor with orange stripe? They are elites.

On the warhammer tv channel they did the bike for the Tans-hyperiuan in metal and black so I see kind of that for the rest of the army?
    I still don't know what I want to paint the free one I got

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Update on my order for the 2nd year WH+ minis: just got tracking.

So I guess us first year folks just get to buy them whenever and don't have to wait until the end of the year? I mean I pay yearly so I've already given them all the money for 12 months even if I unsubscribe so that makes sense.

When the models were shown off they said they were changing how it worked, so that if you committed for a year you got them right away (or maybe after a month?) instead of being like the first year minis (where you had to wait the entire year). So that's working as intended.

• Options
    I think I ordered mine? just it doesn't show I did? [It doesn't help I ordered it after a really bad day at work there are no good days there}
    i have yet to get the chests that were made to order but I think because I also got the sons of horus praetor which is out of stock right now

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Did some Kill Team tonight, in an actually properly set up Gallowdark map. My AdMech vs. some Novitiates.

It was a pretty back-and-forth nail biter of a game and my tactics were sound, but my dice were pretty bad and I really need to build some Ruststalkers to use if I'm going to be doing anything in the Gallowdark; Infiltrators are very nice, but against some of the more melee-heavy rosters they just can't quite clutch it out.

I also see that Novitiates are the top team for a reason. Their statlines are insane, their Ploys are great, and their Faith system lets them do some really brutal stuff. Definitely need to work on my Legionaries team now.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Anyone here familiar with 3d printing? We acquired one, but are having a lot of trouble getting started properly.

Bring your questions to the 3D-printing thread in Moe’s, and we’ll totally help!

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Guys... the Bloodthirster model is so gooooooood

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    kryptmankryptman Registered User regular
    Haven't played since 6th ed, had my army stolen during a house break-in, and haven't been in a finical position by another army until now because outsourcing destroyed my field. Always thought squats were cool but sadly they weren't around when I started so I bought Tau. Now If I start them now because Space Dwarves are cool I'll be accused of being a meta chaser.

• Options
    kryptman wrote: »
    Haven't played since 6th ed, had my army stolen during a house break-in, and I haven't been in a finical position by another army until now because outsourcing destroyed my field. Always thought squats were cool but sadly they weren't around when I started so I bought Tau. Now if I start them because Space Dwarves are cool I'll be accused of being a meta chaser.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    kryptman wrote: »
    Haven't played since 6th ed, had my army stolen during a house break-in, and haven't been in a finical position by another army until now because outsourcing destroyed my field. Always thought squats were cool but sadly they weren't around when I started so I bought Tau. Now If I start them now because Space Dwarves are cool I'll be accused of being a meta chaser.

I find it's best to just go for it and enjoy yourself. Don't worry about people crying about being a meta chaser and space dwarf it up.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    And another thing I remember is going on 40k forums when I was a teen and seeing the whining about the Tau. Lots of the whining (fluff-wise) about the Votaan seems to be the same because how dare you have a high-tech faction in the setting not covered head to toe with death iconography.

kryptman on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Votann are very good right now. They'll be very bad some time in the future. c'est la vie

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Votann are very good right now. They'll be very bad some time in the future. c'est la vie

Oh well aware of that. Which is why my old advice for anyone looking to get into 40k is to check out the faction's design themes and faction fluff and decide what you want to play from there.

kryptman on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/28/special-forces-enter-open-warfare-with-free-warhammer-40000-rules-for-five-kill-teams/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_28th_September_Dataslate_GER_&utm_content=&utm_term=

40k rules for star striders, gellerpox, traitor guard, breachers, and kroot.

Huh, voidsmen squad size is not capped at 4, but 8, that's nice.

With the breachers, voidsmen, and rogue trader you can actually run a purely navy army, kinda.

honovere on
  • Options
    RedHobbitRedHobbit Registered User regular
    I'm glad to see the Rotary cannon on the voidsmen is now a free upgrade at 5 models, I like the chance to close quarters fighting as well.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Neat how you can have the breachers and the voidsmen together as troops for the rouge trader HQ.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Puts them on the same level as eldar corsairs basically. Both could use a more generic HQ maybe.

• Options
    Played a game of Kill Team in the Gallow Dark. I was Guard Veterans and buddy was Orks. Our first full game.

It was the Airlock mission to get the oxygen. It did not go well once he got into the middle and just flamed all my guys. After that, since I couldn't get into the airlock because of the locked doors, it was basically game over even though I cleared the other whole side. I couldn't catch up with his VP lead.

First game of 40k I've played with Imperial Guard in 11 years. Glad I get to keep my IG record of loosing all the time. Friend was shocked at this and thought I'd won a lot with guard and I just laughed. Oh buddy.

Had fun. Looking forward to trying Naval Breachers.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I have so much KT stuff, can't figure out if I have what I need to play KT or not.

What all do I need? Core rulebook, compendium, and that's it?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I have so much KT stuff, can't figure out if I have what I need to play KT or not.

Pretty much. I assume you have a tape measure and dice? You might need the tokens for the engage conceal?

Also I can confirm that the Into the Dark box is large enough to hold both its own terrain and all the Octavian ork building terrain.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Puts them on the same level as eldar corsairs basically. Both could use a more generic HQ maybe.

Sadly the only way to play Corsairs as an army is with Yriel. I have 3 squads I built as the void scarred, with the rifles, and swords, I finished building them over my mega weekend
    Stragint wrote: »

And whatever force you are playing you might need one of the other books chalnath for tau/ sisters of battle novices octarius for ork commandos/Vet guard/Krieg moroch for traitor guard/phobos and nachmund for corisairs/csm
    The current Gallowdark for naval voidsment/Kroot

• Options
    Just sitting here casually watching a VOD of a 40k game on YT while I finish my Bloodthirster and start seeing @Mazzyx scrolling in chat

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    I what now?
    Man I barely post in any chats.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I what now?
    Man I barely post in any chats.

Was the Art of War 40k Daemons v Grey Knights vid, and I was like, "Hey, I know that guy!"

• Options
    Did I watch that one? I don't even remember.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    g9a9ad9ybhyw.png

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    My Hunter Clade remains undefeated in the GW store kill team league. B)

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/29/leagues-of-votann-balance-update-a-word-from-james-workshop/

Official apology for the Votann balance and downloadable update.

Kinda funny that they had to change the eye of the ancestors rule anyway. I'm pretty sure space marines in 8th? edition had a similar interaction of rules with Autohits and extra attacks or something like that that was also FAQed to not trigger the extra effects.

honovere on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Also Admech.

This was 100% the rapid pressure put on by TOS talking about outright banning them.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/29/leagues-of-votann-balance-update-a-word-from-james-workshop/

Kinda funny that they had to change the eye of the ancestors rule anyway. I'm pretty sure space marines in 8th? edition had a similar interaction of rules with Autohits and extra attacks or something like that that was also FAQed to not trigger the extra effects.

GW: "We never want anyone to feel like their games won’t be fun or fair, nor that the outcome is set even before a die is rolled."

Me looking at Imperial Guard in the 4th and 5th editions.

You what?

Anyway, the eye change is good and one that I would have suggested. The guns are still powerful, just not as broken. No idea how the points changes will affect things. Everything went up 10-15 points per unit so not a big increase.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options

GW: "We never want anyone to feel like their games won’t be fun or fair, nor that the outcome is set even before a die is rolled."

You what?

Anyway, the eye change is good and one that I would have suggested. The guns are still powerful, just not as broken. No idea how the points changes will affect things. Everything went up 10-15 points per unit so not a big increase.

Its between a 10-30% increase it seems.

Land fortresses went from 230 points to 300 points. Word on the Art of War discord this is pushing list up by 300-500 points and 550-600 for some of the skew lists. So between that and no auto-6s to wound Votann actually seem middle of A to high A.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

You what?

Its between a 10-30% increase it seems.

Land fortresses went from 230 points to 300 points. Word on the Art of War discord this is pushing list up by 300-500 points and 550-600 for some of the skew lists. So between that and no auto-6s to wound Votann actually seem middle of A to high A.

That's probably fine for now. They can always readjust points for any under performing units in the future if they need to. Kinda need to wait till the rest of the models are actually released to start seeing how everything works at that level.

• Options
    y55DozucAVoDRBwL.jpg
    vDBWTgqz1Nuxh1iV.jpg
    The last assassin is a remake of the OG assassin from 1991
    20200712_143710.jpg

This discussion has been closed.