Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in. (Well, at least I sent my e-mail in)

I've never done this before, but it sounds fun.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Damn you low funds and national postal strike.

I'm in if these problems go away.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    JPS3JPS3 regular
    edited October 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    I am currently residing with my folks, just don't make the outside packaging obscene.

JPS3 on
    On the subject of the Zero Punctuation Bioshock Review:
    Gyral wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    I didn't much care for the Bioshock review. It didn't deliver on the funnies like the previous reviews, but it wasn't bad.

The ending was very weak, though. Usually his videos have good endings.

Did you just review a review?

I found reVerse's review to be too short and a little light on content and quality. Still, his punctuation and sentence structure was better than most.
    Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Forar wrote: »
    Last year I sent off what I felt would be an appreciated comic for the GV SS, and DS Breakout for G&T. The former only because I did something silly like 'following the rules', as my first thought was a TPB. I'm not gonna make THAT mistake this year! Some fucker's getting something awesome, I'll tell you that!

I received an absolutely hillarious Teen Titans comic (done entirely in the style of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas) for the GV SS, and my G&T SS sent me 2 starter boxes for the WoW CCG and a book.

Combined, they were among my most treasured gifts that year.

This year I'm joining D&D as well. SE++ still scares me, however.

PS: am I the only one refreshing Graphic Violence for their SS post?

SE++ Secret Satan is awesome - anyway, I am in!

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ohh! I missed this last year. But this year I won't! I'm in.

suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm back in! Last year I got lucky (or my Santee got lucky) because I just happened to have a business trip to Japan in Nov. I should weasel my way into one this year!

*Edit*

For my santa: I have a Wii and DS, but really, unless you got bucks, a game would just be too much. On the other hand, I haven't delved into VC yet, so that would be great! Besides games, I always, always have a need for computer books, so a barnes and nobles gift card of any amount would be great too.

Or you could just surprise, either way I'm easy to please.

tachyon on
  • Options
    FoF404FoF404 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in again. PA'ers rule!

FoF404 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh I am so in

bruin on
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm very in. I have a great idea for the gifting. Making callz!

etoychest on
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I totally havn't been around, as many of you know, but last year was fun times. I'm in. E-mail should be sent soon.

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote: »
    I totally havn't been around, as many of you know, but last year was fun times. I'm in. E-mail should be sent soon.

You never have to be around, G&T is like an elephant. Big, Slow, and Stupid, but it never forgets.

Veevee on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in. First timer here. I'll e-mail when I get home (it's blocked from work).

I've been around for a long time but never really participated in the forum-wide stuff. Good time to start I suppose.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Veevee wrote: »

You never have to be around, G&T is like an elephant. Big, Slow, and Stupid, but it never forgets.
    Work and RL takes a toll, I try to be online and never have time. :(

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Unless you change your avatar. That always take me months to deal with.

Lave II on
  • Options
    dopplexdopplex Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am in. This sounds fun...

Sure as hell ought to be the rounds of office "Secret Santa". Oh look, a badminton kit. Yay.

dopplex on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lave II wrote: »

Unless you change your avatar. That always take me months to deal with.

That is true, we are very afraid of change. Its like the dark, only super-scary.

Veevee on
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PingPong wrote: »
    Last year I got a book

WTF books? You guys are gay.

Last year i got two books, and they were friggen awesome, Also got a nifty board game, St Petersburg.

I ended up gifting out the Director's Cur of the Zombies board Game, and i think something else, hell I don't remember what i did a month ago, c'mon

Oh yeah, I'm so in.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am definately in.

Awesome zelda CD was a fantastic present I got last year. I regularly play it, and my housemates are all "You nerd" and I'm like "That boat sailed a long time ago"

Advice for my Santa -
    I like things that are good, and do not like things that are not good. Whoever my Santa is, assume I am very open minded to anything (half the fun is getting something that I might have never thought to get myself) - Go wild.

I have a couple of great ideas for presents allready (obviously nothing concrete til I find out who I get.

LewieP on
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sounds like fun! I'm in. Well by proxy of course, I'll have my wife do the shipping and recieving since I don't want some poor bastard trying to ship a box to an FPO AE address in Iraq.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I won't miss this one. I'm in.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I missed the deadline on ODAM's (or rather, now it is CF's) secret santa, so I might send the e-mail to join this one. If a Canadian ends up getting me as a Santee, I want you to know in advance that the entire world would be a better place if all of your customs officials spontaneously combusted, but I don't hold that against you as people.

Just make sure your shipping is on the up-and-up. My Santa's gift to me last year was gutted and replaced with a bottle of bleach.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Just make sure your shipping is on the up-and-up. My Santa's gift to me last year was gutted and replaced with a bottle of bleach.

D: What?

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    thej3wthej3w Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have been waiting for this. I am so in!

thej3w on
    J4ku.png
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If a Canadian ends up getting me as a Santee, I want you to know in advance that the entire world would be a better place if all of your customs officials spontaneously combusted, but I don't hold that against you as people.

We know about this and we're sorry. We hate them too, only probably more, because they fuck up JUST ABOUT EVERY INTERESTING PACKAGE WE SEND OR RECEIVE. EVER.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    hey i'm in, not got too much free cash but youre gift would be.....Interesting....

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    12gauge wrote: »

D: What?

I received a box which had been opened by Canadian customs, and its gift was removed and replaced with a bottle of bleach. My Santa was a nice enough person to eventually scramble together a replacement gift and send it out when we realized what happened, even though it wasn't his fault.

Things gleaned from this event:

Canadians are awesome, Canadian customs officials are not awesome... so Canadian custom officials must not be Canadian?

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well I'm in this year too. I was nice to only have to look into my sent box and resend the same e-mail to gmail this time though.

Handkor on
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yay! This was fun last year. I gave a copy of World War Z, a patch I cross-stiched, and a few local postcards, and was given an import copy of the second Phoenix Wright. I kept refering to it as giving a present to the internet. Can't wait for the fun again!

Pseudonym on
    Animal Crossing Wii: Kelly in Boomtown
    1934-4237-4812
    Fruit: Peaches, perhaps coconuts soon too!
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Last year was great. Dug through someone's posts and found out they loved Sabertooth, sent them a bitchin' Sabertooth statuette. I got Kirby Canvas Curse, A Game of Thrones, a Nerf Maverick, and a fancy fancy card. It was super dandy.

Soooo in this year. I may go crazy. Watch yourself Santee.

JAEF on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have to say I think this was an awesome idea the last few years we did this but, I suck at shipping stuff. I also work retail so that I'm extremely reluctant to do this.

As far as Canadian customs? Those guys can be full of complete douchebaggery.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    JPS3JPS3 regular
    edited October 2007
    K, shouldn't this be stickied?

JPS3 on
    I didn't much care for the Bioshock review. It didn't deliver on the funnies like the previous reviews, but it wasn't bad.

I found reVerse's review to be too short and a little light on content and quality. Still, his punctuation and sentence structure was better than most.
    Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I might be in, I'm not sure. I'm already in one Secret Santa, so I have to see if my funds permit me to be in a second. I guess you'll just have to wait for the email. Oh, the suspense!

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am popping my secret santa cherry ... I can't wait to use the USPS for awesome

How many are getting / giving a Weighted Companion Cube ?

Something that I, and my daughter (3) find awesome, but my wife detests would be the perfect gift. I am writing my list now, and compiling items as we speak.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    JPS3JPS3 regular
    edited October 2007
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    How many are getting / giving a Weighted Companion Cube ?

I personally would love a Weighted Companion Cube. I have seen rumors that they are making a plushie version.

JPS3 on

Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    But what is the Weighted Companion Cube?

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Im totally in. Ive had this one thing sitting around the office for weeks now and I've earmarked it for a secret santa. I hope whomever gets it likes it, Id consider it pretty fucking incredible.

Also, being a UK arcadian, Im not sure on the policy of labelling our international shipping. iirc you have to label the contents, even with broad categories, it could kinda give the game away. so ill keep an eye on that.

i can ship anywhere too. also, if whomever I get is in america and the whole buying stuff via amazon thing is prevalent i can spend double, cause the dollar is so weak at the moment. so im feeling super generous.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Also guys, incase anyone has any trouble with coming up for ideas for anyone, or wants to confirm what consoles a person has access to or other details, I suggest getting someone else to PM them, since PMing them yourself would ruin the surprise of "who was my santa?"

I offer myself as a proxy...

LewieP on
  • Options
    JPS3JPS3 regular
    edited October 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »

I'm guessing you haven't played Portal yet. Do it, do it now. I would gladly have payed full price for that game alone. It is awesome. But seriously, get the Orange Box and play Portal.
    the cake is a lie

JPS3 on

Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This time I'm not missing out. In!

EDIT: Info for Santa.

Dude, Wii/PS2/DS owner, hopefully soon 360, all kinds of music, movies, tv, whatever. Not really into anime. If there's clothing involved S/M (tall but skinny).

However I'm a big believer in the Secret Santa spirit. I've got friends and family who know junk I want. You, you have fun and guess. Surprise me. Oh I'm 21+ so if there's a kickass regional beer and you can ship it I'm game.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    JPS3 wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »

I'm guessing you haven't played Portal yet. Do it, do it now. I would gladly have payed full price for that game alone. It is awesome. But seriously, get the Orange Box and play Portal.
    the cake is a lie
    That spoiler is a lie

But yeah, I think I'm totally in, I'll do the emailing thing probably on monday since I have so much junk to do already today.

Kyanilis on