Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I followed this thread closely last year expecting disaster, but wow it turned out VERY well, and with any luck I'll be able to brighten someones year this year =)

Now I know I'm past the date by a large margin just to get in, so I'd like to propose another idea! I havent had access to a real internet connection for a while and signing up on PA has been at the bottom of my list of things to do unfortunately =(

I'm currently deployed to Kyrgyzstan, so getting the items to me would be problematic anyway, but that wont affect me sending someone else a gift! I'd like so sign up and be assigned a Secret Santa so I can help someone else's Christmas out since I wont be getting one this year!

Again for clarification, I'm asking to be assigned as a "second" Santa for someone.

EDIT: I'd like feedback from either the OP or fellow posters- Is this acceptable?

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Einhander wrote: »
    Also K_A I hope you get some grace for Christmas this year.

I love both this quote and your title, Einhander.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in fo' sure.

I don't care what my Santa gets me, but I'm living with my parents so PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOTHING OFFENSIVE.

also, no manga. eck.

Just to balance out my complaining, I have a cool idea for my gift to whomever is my Santee. They will enjoy it.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    PingPongPingPong Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Herby wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    PotU wrote: »
    Is K_a an asshole?

Because he sure is in the SE SS.

As I said, I would not be surprised if whomever was supposed to get K_A a gift actually got him something interesting and legit, while K_A would totally half-ass getting a good gift for his Santee - if he got them anything at all.

I'd at least try. I will admit that buying a gift for an anime/manga fan would be insanely difficult for me. It's a world that I know absolutely nothing about. I suppose that would be part of the fun though.

Although - I have to agree that his posts in here (and I ventured into SE to check their Santa thread too) are EXTREMELY against the spirit of Secret Santa.

But seriously, if you're going to openly say you'd throw someone's gift away, that's kinda assholeish. If you just wanted more of EXACTLY what you expect, then why bother? Just go buy the shit yourself ya know? I always thought the idea of SS was to promote good will and Christmas spirit and all that.

OH and..

I like big butts and I cannot lie.
    no i don't. i play lots of 360, wii and ds. and toys. toys are jawesome
    ok, i do like big butts too]

PingPong on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is the good Capt'n updating the list? I've sent two e-mails, and so far no go.

I want to particiapte, but e-mails are expensive; I can't be sending tons of them you know.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

I would get him beef jerkey, a captain america comic, and a copy of halo 3.

Wrapped in an American flag.

Don't. Please either get me anything related to what I want or just give me money. Stuff like this will just get thrown out.

fuck if I was captain k I would take you out of SS now, thats just pompous and assholeish.

So its not assholeish to send me a "hurr hurr" gift to get your jolies off? Cause thats what that gift is.

Joke gifts are the best, honestly :P

Not to me they aren't. If thats the way its gotta be, then I can send joke gifts as well.

How about the person who gets me will get a $50 paper on which its written "Gift". I assume thats funny.

Bah. Relax Ash. I'm sure no one's going to do that to you. Don't get your panties in a bunch, etc.
    He pulled this same shit in the SE++ Secret Santa thread. He was pulled from the list because of it.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh hey, he really is. Good thing.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

Don't. Please either get me anything related to what I want or just give me money. Stuff like this will just get thrown out.

fuck if I was captain k I would take you out of SS now, thats just pompous and assholeish.

So its not assholeish to send me a "hurr hurr" gift to get your jolies off? Cause thats what that gift is.

Not to me they aren't. If thats the way its gotta be, then I can send joke gifts as well.

How about the person who gets me will get a $50 paper on which its written "Gift". I assume thats funny.

Bah. Relax Ash. I'm sure no one's going to do that to you. Don't get your panties in a bunch, etc.
    He pulled this same shit in the SE++ Secret Santa thread. He was pulled from the list because of it.

Can I assume that Ash hates those things? To be fair, I wouldn't want to get things that I hated, I'd prefer to get things that I can find a use for, even if they're just action figures that will sit around and enjoy themselves.

I wouldn't throw things out though, worst comes to worst I'd pass on my gift to another friend for free, let them enjoy it instead. That's what I did with last year's gift because I got a neat high-quality vinyl hex-board but no use for it. I gave it to a friend who liked games that used it.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    It's not that he hates those specific things.

It's just that all he wants is Japanese crap and nothing else.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007

Once agian, I said Book are fine as well. I really don't have a use for Jerky and an American flag. And I don't have anyone to pass it on to.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Once agian, I said Book are fine as well. I really don't have a use for Jerky and an American flag. And I don't have anyone to pass it on to.

You can't eat jerky and wave a flag for the hell of it?

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007

Well, I'm not sure what you think threatening to throw stuff out you don't like is going to accomplish. It just makes you sound like a petulant twit.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You can EAT the jerky. And hang the flag up.

Unless you actually get a gift that is a piece of paper that says "fifty dolla" written on it, there really should be no bitching. I started this thing in SE years ago and the idea was that hell, you could send someone pocket lint if you wanted. Of course, everyone actually did good things. And there's a 10 buck minimum on G&T, so even better.

Basically, Katchem_ash, stop being a whiner and enjoy whatever gift someone is kind enough to send you.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ross Mills wrote: »

I don't like Jerky because its not something I enjoy. And its not Kosher.

And why should I wave an American flag? I'm Canadian!

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'll be in. I just need to send off the email

I'm lovely and generous.

But I'm also poor this year, so whomever gets me, remember it's the thought that counts :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Those dolls from Japanese cartoons sure are useful and don't make me look like a creepy molester at all!

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I'm British, but if I got the flag I'd wave it as a thank-you. I'm not brainwashed into thinking that I can't wave a piece of cloth like that.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007

No see, you enjoy it, because someone was kind enough to purchase and ship it to you.
    Spirit of giving and all that. Unless our state to the north just hates Christmas. Do you hate christmas? Are you a curmudgeon?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    If anyone were to send a flag to someone I seriously hope the recepient would stage a fake protest and burn it on some street corner and put it on youtube

because seriously

what other use is there for a flag

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »

No see, you enjoy it, because someone was kind enough to purchase and ship it to you.
    Spirit of giving and all that. Unless our state to the north just hates Christmas. Do you hate christmas? Are you a curmudgeon?

No, he's a terrorist. Terrorists hate America and Christmas.

I say we send in Jack Bauer.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Since I don't celebrate Christmas I can't say I hate Christmas.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Guys, lets stop this now.

Katchem_ash, if you get a present you don't like to the degree that you would throw it out, PM me and I will personally buy you another present that you are more likely to enjoy.

LewieP on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This thread should be one of joy, dammit. Let's not detract too much from that.

I hope I recognize who I get. You can rest assured that I shall be researching the gift to the best of my ability.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This really isn't about receiving, it's s all about giving a gift. If you're going into this worried about what might be turning up at your doorstep, then this isn't for you.

If you don't get anything, you can get pissed. Or if you get bleach. Or books, books are gay.

Rook on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think he might actually be a fan of Bleach.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rook wrote: »
    This really isn't about receiving, it's s all about giving a gift. If you're going into this worried about what might be turning up at your doorstep, then this isn't for you.

If you don't get anything, you can get pissed. Or if you get bleach.

Totally.
    Rook wrote:
    Or books, books are gay.

This is what I'd get you.
    Just be thankful it's the Compact Edition.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

Maybe we'll get lucky too!

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    Pig DestroyerPig Destroyer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Shit, I didn't even think to post possible gift idea thingies.

I have an XBOX 360, Wii, PS3, and a PC.

I also have a DS, PSP and a Neo Geo Pocket Color.

As for older consoles I have a NES and SNES.

I love heavy metal of just about all types, although I have over 3000 CDs so I imagine it would be difficult to buy for me in that department.

I am 30 years old (read: Ancient), I wear size L T-shirt.

I love to read. Especially high fantasy, but just about anything will do.

In general I love anything geeky, I play/design boardgames, D&D, collect video game-related swag and action figures, etc etc. Essentially I fit in very well on these boards.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, holding hands, and cute puppies. ;-)

Pig Destroyer on
  • Options
    SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I forgot if we had this last time or not, but it would be awesome if we had a dedicated thread to what exactly a person wants, come November. That way we don't have to wade through any IM IN or anti K_A posts in an attempt to find what our Secret Santee would like.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Speakeasy wrote: »
    I forgot if we had this last time or not, but it would be awesome if we had a dedicated thread to what exactly a person wants, come November. That way we don't have to wade through any IM IN or anti K_A posts in an attempt to find what our Secret Santee would like.

I don't know, half the fun for me is tearing through someones posts to get an idea of what they might like.

Although anyone doing that for me would find that I like sarcasm, cheap things, wii puns and anti-censorship.

I leave a pretty hard to follow trail of bread crumbs.

Edit: and lolsonys, but everyone loves them

LewieP on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If you don't get anything, you can get pissed.

This is my concern. I did a Summer Burn several years back, where you made two mix CDs of summery tunes and sent one off to each of the two people you were assigned. I lovingly crafted mine, sent them off, and didn't receive squat back, which rather frustrated me.

I'm wavering, though, just because you guys are so cool and would never do something like that.

area on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    area wrote: »
    If you don't get anything, you can get pissed.

This is my concern. I did a Summer Burn several years back, where you made two mix CDs of summery tunes and sent one off to each of the two people you were assigned. I lovingly crafted mine, sent them off, and didn't receive squat back, which rather frustrated me.

I'm wavering, though, just because you guys are so cool and would never do something like that.

*snickers*

urahonky on
  • Options
    CloggerdudeCloggerdude __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I am so in this year!

Cloggerdude on
    Pokemon D/P Friend Code: 0902 9213 7501
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    If I were rich I'd get someone a PS3.

I mean, that's a helluva joke gift right there.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    If I were rich I'd get someone a PS3.

I mean, that's a helluva joke gift right there.

hahaha, nice.

LewieP on
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I guess its time for me to enter this secret santa thing :P

...and I have no idea what to send, I mean almost everything I can think of for/from sweden is offensive (maybe not ABBA but you get the idea).

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You could get me 5% shares in Volvo, so that I can retire safe in the knowledge that I am helping to produce the safest automobiles in the world.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure the people who didn't get gifts were a pretty small number. Specially compared to the people who got awesome gifts.

And in case whoever gets me can't figure out what to get me, I'll list some things about me:

I'm a manga/anime fan. (Not huge, but I like the stuff)
    I have a 360, Wii, DS, and modded PS2.
    I have recently become a mac convert, owning a macbook and a Ipod touch.
    I'm a wrestling fan, enjoying anything from the WWE to ROH.
    I wear a XL t-shirt size.
    And I been loosing weight thanks to excercising, so fitness equipment is good too.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Jelloblimp wrote: »
    I guess its time for me to enter this secret santa thing :P

...and I have no idea what to send, I mean almost everything I can think of for/from sweden is offensive (maybe not ABBA but you get the idea).

Actually I would be pretty offended by ABBA.

Ikea vouchers would work though ;-)

LewieP on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I normally wouldn't do a list of all the shit I have and stuff but

Not really looking for video games.

A book wouldn't be too bad. I haven't read anything in a long time.

Little desk nick nacks would be awesome. Be it be an action figure or cool little trinket. It would be displayed forever.

Do not let any of what I said stop you on anything. I will be happy with anything.

DekuStick on