Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is British "Large" and American "Large" the same? Or is American bigger?

Not being racist. It's just that Women's clothing sizes have a similar issue. Except maybe the other way, I'm not sure, I haven't bought that much women's clothing...

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in.

Last year, I sent my Santee a bunch of bizarre movies starring Jesus, since it was his birthday after all!

I only have a Wii and a DS right now, if games be your thing. Oh, and also a PS2. I don't PC game.

Wear an XL shirt size.

I just like rad things, and am working on some wicked cool theme for my gifts to send out this year.

Also, you can't send beer to my state and that makes me sad because I enjoy me some good beer.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    Is British "Large" and American "Large" the same? Or is American bigger?

Not being racist. It's just that Women's clothing sizes have a similar issue. Except maybe the other way, I'm not sure, I haven't bought that much women's clothing...

I'm not sure about clothing, to be honest. I go south to buy cloths sometimes and I don't think men's shirt sizes are any different.

I do know that "large" when it comes to food is different. For instance, a "large" pop in Canada is probably about 14oz. You head south and you're getting a gigantic tub of "soda"

Actually, come to think of it, when I shop at Mexx it has different sizes for each country, and I'm pretty sure the UK size is always smaller. Don't quote me.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd be really interested in what a G&T secret santa would be like, almost like it would be a bigger challenge for me, but I'm in the SE++ SS and I don't want to double dip.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I'd be really interested in what a G&T secret santa would be like, almost like it would be a bigger challenge for me, but I'm in the SE++ SS and I don't want to double dip.

It's ok if you dip with the other end.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    deleted

capable heart on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jelloblimp wrote: »
    I guess its time for me to enter this secret santa thing :P

...and I have no idea what to send, I mean almost everything I can think of for/from sweden is offensive (maybe not ABBA but you get the idea).

Oh, just borrow from your neighbours in Finland. I mean, who wouldn't love some Lordi?

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Just because I also leave a difficult trail, I'll throw my Santa a bone. I own all 3 next gen systems, both portables, but nothing older than that. I don't have a gaming PC, I love pretty much everything from books to wrestling and everything in between, so I'll pretty much be easy to shop for unless you wanna get me a PC game and some weed, in which case I probably won't be that easy

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Since everyone is doing it, I'll give my Santa some hints, too.

I own a DS, Wii and a kickass PC. Probably not a good idea to buy me a Wii game since my Santa will likely be on the opposite side of the Atlantic pond. I don't like anime or manga. I love all things Nintendo (especially Zelda), and though I love films and have a huge collection, I don't have a multi-region player, so they're unfortunately a no-go.

I'll read almost anything, so books are fine. I mostly read fantasy, for example stuff from Neil Gaiman, but I'll also go deep into historical books. I'm a fan of Harry Potter, though I have all the books, and Phoenix on the Wii... and I have a wand and Gryffindor scarf already! I get bored of MMO's very easily. I love Firefly/Serenity (yep, have them! And a shirt!), the latest Robin Hood series from the BBC (have all the episodes) and Heroes. I wear small and medium t-shirts, going by the UK rating, at least. Anything else is golden, Santa! \o/

And, to my Santee, I swear I'll get something this year that won't take until January to arrive to you.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, G&T Secret Santa rocked for me the past couple of years. I just love stalking my Santa to find out what he or she might enjoy. I put together quite a nice box of joy for my Santee last year and I anticipate doing so again this year!

edit: if anyone wants to stalk me, I used to post under the alt zero_bit, but there were so many users with "zero" in their name, I decided to change.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I signed up. It'll be my first. I was a tool and didn't include my shipping info in my first email so I had to resend. Sorry Captain.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What if I signed up several years ago under a username I have since forgotten? :side:

Goose! on
  • Options
    HazzHazz Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    'tis my first. I'm off to Japan in a few weeks so my Santee is getting something cool.

And Japanese.

Hazz on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in! My roommate did this last year and had a blast, so I wanted in this time around.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in for this. It will be my first time. I've got to start hunting for some cool goodies.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in like Don Kin(g).

Santa tips: (I know it's kinda presumptuous, but some people seemed to find it useful last year, and I really don't expect anything above the $10 limit!)
    - I have an Xbox 360 and a Nintendo DS. Don't get me games for the 360, I have all I want, and will soon be leaving the country, so I won't be able to take it across the region boundary anyway!
    - I love toys! Video game toys, Lego (currently Mars Mission!), Nerf. I love toys.
    - I don't have enough super nerdy shit. I'm G&T all the way, so I love weird things like Mario keychains (although we all know Sonic is the best).
    - If you like it and it isn't anime, I will like it too.
    - Stuff I'm into: Star Wars, Star Trek (TnG onwards ;) ), LotR, Halo (right now at least!), Harry Potter, Buffy. My favourite game ever is Shadow of the Collossus (hated Ico though) and my cock is set to stunning for Mass Effect (KoTOR is probably the best Star Wars thing ever).
    - I really want to get "into" comics, of the new wave, like Joss Whedon's stuff or the Ultimates. If you know comics, and want to induct me, I would love that. I have Fray, and rather liked it.
    - I like useless compendiums (because I have a fascination with reading all the extended universe stories of everything), but own none. Some stupid encyclopaedia of comic book heroes or Star Trek planets or something would make me very happy.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh, right, Santa Tips.

* I have a PS2, Wii, DS and PSP. I will probably get a 360 sometime soon.
    * I like some anime. Series I've enjoyed are Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist.
    * Historically, I enjoy JRPGs the most, although I hate a good deal of the super-generic ones.
    * I like game toys, sound tracks and that kind of stuff that. Last year I got the 4-disc FF XII sound track which was awesome.
    * I play Tabletop RPGs. I just recently got Exalted 2nd edition, and am interested in the new Star Wars edition and Serenity RPG.
    * I read everything I can, so books are, in fact, not gay.

It is also acceptable to me to, instead, just buy something for Child's Play on my behalf

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    AARRGH...I joined on exactly the cutoff date.

Christmas doesn't mean much to me anymore, but this probably would've made me look forward to the holidays a little bit more. Shopping for someone who likes video games is sadly something that I've never had the pleasure of partaking in.

Oh well, I'll just be content shopping for my parents and other relatives...who have everything they could possibly want already. Do you know how silly it is to give your parents gift cards when, even in their old age, they still make far more money than you?

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hewn wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    This really isn't about receiving, it's s all about giving a gift. If you're going into this worried about what might be turning up at your doorstep, then this isn't for you.

If you don't get anything, you can get pissed. Or if you get bleach.

Totally.
    Rook wrote:
    Or books, books are gay.

This is what I'd get you.
    Just be thankful it's the Compact Edition.

Or this.

Aydr on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought the cutoff was November 1st?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought the cutoff was November 1st?

Forum join date.

Aydr on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm confused now.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm confused now.

He joined the same day that K announced was not cool with signing up for SS. Because people sign up just for free gifts because they're assholes.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh. That sucks.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    NarketNarket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    DekuStick wrote: »
    I'm confused now.

He joined the same day that K announced was not cool with signing up for SS. Because people sign up just for free gifts because they're assholes.

Also: this year I'm not going to accept anybody whose forum join date is September 1, 2007 or later. Sorry. In the past, people have registered accounts just to get free presents, with no intention of sending a gift themselves. Once again, I'm taking no such chances. If your forum join date is August 30, 2007 or earlier, you're eligible for G&T Secret Santa. (If you didn't make the cut this time, just wait till next year!)

From the OP

Narket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DVG wrote: »
    It is also acceptable to me to, instead, just buy something for Child's Play on my behalf

Oh crap, I forgot about Child's Play. Hmm, now that I have at least some disposable income, it looks like I can do some game shopping for someone else. Awesome.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I guess its that time of the year again count me in!

Jawa on
  • Options
    NarketNarket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007

Oh crap, I forgot about Child's Play. Hmm, now that I have at least some disposable income, it looks like I can do some game shopping for someone else. Awesome.

Man I am glad this came up. I totally forgot about it too. I'm guessing there will be a thread or an article on the main page that will tell us how it works, where to send, and all that when the time comes?

Narket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So uh

I have a 360, Wii and DS. So anything from those or the systems they're backwards compatible works.

Also SNES

I wear a medium shirt, I guess I don't really want a shirt though

I like, uh, Nintendo a lot. And Halo. And zombies. Some sort of collectible relating to those things would be cool. I'd be happy with anything though really, use your imagination and make it fun.

bruin on
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    BTW when should we expect to find out who our secret santee is, shortly after sign up deadlines?

Jawa on
  • Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    I followed this thread closely last year expecting disaster, but wow it turned out VERY well, and with any luck I'll be able to brighten someones year this year =)

Now I know I'm past the date by a large margin just to get in, so I'd like to propose another idea! I havent had access to a real internet connection for a while and signing up on PA has been at the bottom of my list of things to do unfortunately =(

I'm currently deployed to Kyrgyzstan, so getting the items to me would be problematic anyway, but that wont affect me sending someone else a gift! I'd like so sign up and be assigned a Secret Santa so I can help someone else's Christmas out since I wont be getting one this year!

Again for clarification, I'm asking to be assigned as a "second" Santa for someone.

EDIT: I'd like feedback from either the OP or fellow posters- Is this acceptable?

Quoted my post because it fell into the abyss.

I have a few ideas for gifts I can send from here, but it is helpfull that people mention what they want.

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I followed this thread closely last year expecting disaster, but wow it turned out VERY well, and with any luck I'll be able to brighten someones year this year =)

Now I know I'm past the date by a large margin just to get in, so I'd like to propose another idea! I havent had access to a real internet connection for a while and signing up on PA has been at the bottom of my list of things to do unfortunately =(

I'm currently deployed to Kyrgyzstan, so getting the items to me would be problematic anyway, but that wont affect me sending someone else a gift! I'd like so sign up and be assigned a Secret Santa so I can help someone else's Christmas out since I wont be getting one this year!

Again for clarification, I'm asking to be assigned as a "second" Santa for someone.

EDIT: I'd like feedback from either the OP or fellow posters- Is this acceptable?

Quoted my post because it fell into the abyss.

I have a few ideas for gifts I can send from here, but it is helpfull that people mention what they want.

No idea on if it's allowed or not, but it might be cool if you be a fallback person (i.e. if someone pulls out, or someone never gets their gift).

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Signed up, happy for pretty much anything, even a little inappropriate. Just not in manga/anime corner so much but a retro game (any thing except ps3), some beer or a good book/music would be awesome. But hell if you think it'd be funny/awesome/memorable/enjoyable it's almost certainly gonna be sweet.

EDIT: Just a note if it's any gaming stuff keep in mind the whole PAL/NTSC thing

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My email has been sent, and hopefully the op will be updated. My only fear is getting a gift to someone on time, I set up the Mario Strikers Pal Tournament and dished out Resident Evil 4: Wii as a prize (Potu I think won in the end) and getting it to Austria was a nightmare with our postal service. I handed the lady the envelope and said "i'd like to send this to Austria". She just looked at me and said: "Why?"

Anyway, if someone gets me and wants hints then here you go:

I live on my own, I'm buying a house soon (renting at the moment), I will be happy with any present be it worth £1 or £1000 (or lower than £1 if you can find anything for that), jokes or serious presents welcome. I have a very underpowered pc, a macbook, a 360, a wii, a gamecube, a master system, an Amiga CD32, an Amiga 1200, an Xbox, a PS2, a C64. Most systems are modded in some way or another to play other region games.

I am banned from Xbox Live (not that I think you can buy things for other users anyway).

I like books. I like dvds. I like random stuff. I like figurines. I like comics. I like zombies. I am NOT easily offended in the slightest, in fact I'd be impressed if you did offend me. I like things to decorate my house or room with. I like clothes.

If clothes I am a UK small (no idea what that is anywhere else).

Essentially though, close your eyes, stick a pin in the internet and buy me that and I will be happy just to receive a gift in the post.

I'm finding this thread VERY fun just reading what people want :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Einhander wrote: »
    Also K_A I hope you get some grace for Christmas this year.

I love both this quote and your title, Einhander.

Thanks. I think that's one of my top five favorite movies.

On a side note, if I get someone who is from outside of the US, could you send me a little bit of money? I collect foreign money and old money, so if you've got the equivalent of like a penny, nickel, quarter, whatever, that would be rad. Just throw some pocket change in with my gift, if you are doing the mailing? Or some dirt in a jar? It sounds dumb, but I think having some dirt from a country on the other side of the planet would be pretty damned awesome. I've got a small jar of seawater from the Pacific Ocean sitting on my desk, and I only live three hours away from the coast.

And to backtrack a couple of pages (back to the K_A madness), if someone gets me a flag from another country, I am going to wave that shit proud and hang it from my fucking window. I don't care if it's South Wangistan, that flag is going to get flown.

Also, sometime during the week I think I'll add a link to a list of games I own to my sig, in case my Santa wants to get me something along those lines.

As much as I like getting gifts, if my Santa feels compelled I would be more than supportive of my gift heading to Child's Play as well.

Einhander on
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Einhander wrote: »

On a side note, if I get someone who is from outside of the US, could you send me a little bit of money? I collect foreign money and old money, so if you've got the equivalent of like a penny, nickel, quarter, whatever, that would be rad. Just throw some pocket change in with my gift, if you are doing the mailing? Or some dirt in a jar? It sounds dumb, but I think having some dirt from a country on the other side of the planet would be pretty damned awesome. I've got a small jar of seawater from the Pacific Ocean sitting on my desk, and I only live three hours away from the coast.

The dirt, water, stone stuff is a great idea. Very well done that man. I realised the same thing, when I took a nice piece of Lava from Hawaii, and have it displayed on a shelf at home in the UK.

Infact, to reveal something I don't talk about here (Though was thinking about making a thread about (though not sure where a thread would fit)) I've totally started a WunderKammer - Meaning Cabinet of Wonders - They were the precursors to Museums. Men of the Enlightenment would gather together all their scientific curiosities together in a beautiful cabinent to show at dinner parties. Stuff like wierd ancient books and artifacts, fossils, natural wonders, skulls, scientific equipment, animal specimens , unicorn horns, mummies hands, a two headed snake and so on.

Read this: And you'll have to start one too

Obviously these things take decades to fill out, but I plan, when I'm old to have a collection of weird shit, so that when my grandchildren come round to visit, we'll take an old wizend key, and look at one weird thing a week.

To date, it consists of: A piece of Lave from Kilauea volcano in Hawaii, A fossil and shavings of a meteorite (I aim to improve that). Still you have to start somewhere....

Lave II on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've got some random stuff like that, my Aunty from the states used to send me random things. The only ones I can think of now are a fossil (it was from somewhere kind of special, and very old but I can't remember where or what off the top of my head!) and the first holograph stamp.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Read about the whole thing yesterday and kinda flew over the OP.
    Now after rereading it again I realised that I actually can join.
    So I'll join the bunch and hope that this is a much fun as the Mario Strikers Euro Cup.

Email coming in the evening.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If I get you Lave you are so getting some Sri Lankan coral reef I smuggled out of the country.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm psyched for this!

This certainly is one of my favorite parts of being on this forum.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png