Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So in! I didn't get to do it last year but was in awe at all of the awesome surprises/well thought out gifts.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Whoever gets katchem should buy him Enchanted Arms as a joke :P.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    ChildrenChildren Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    How do you aviod getting a big black dildo covered in axe body spray?

Children on
    360 tag: A Blue Mushroom
    skate, halo 3
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Children wrote: »

Don't make posts like this, that's how. YOU ARE TEMPTING FATE, MAN!

No no, most people are cool and won't get you things that will embarass you completely.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

Your username might be a good deturrent.

Cause, i mean, who wants to be able to say "I bought children a big black dildo covered in Axe Bodyspray"

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've always wanted to do this. And this year I am.

My Santa should note for a game related gift I currently only have a 360 and Macbook. Previous posts reference other consoles and a PC, so just getting that out of the way.

But really, I'm excited to see whatever a person comes up with for me. And to see what I can devise! Excitement all around.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    RMH03RMH03 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DVG wrote: »

Your username might be a good deturrent.

Cause, i mean, who wants to be able to say "I bought children a big black dildo covered in Axe Bodyspray"
    <<

>>

stop judgeing me!

Also i'm in, as far as presents go i own 360/DS/Wii/DS/CurrentPC, the only PS2 games I have right now are mgs3, FFX and Kingdom Hearts 1 but as stated it would have to be compatible with the launch 60gb PS3. I read a shitload particularly fantasy although I have been looking for a good Sci Fi lateley, I'm not a massive comic fan but i do have a wekness for batman and the X-men, movies are cool. I studied Philosophy so anything kind of headfucky with that vibe going on would be awesome To summererize, I like the stuff, all the stuff.

EDIT: I have just remembered that I have never played Planescape Torment and have absolutley loved all the other Black Isle games, a suprise would probably be more awesome but if stuck that wouldnot be unwelcome at all.

RMH03 on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

I would get him beef jerkey, a captain america comic, and a copy of halo 3.

Wrapped in an American flag.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

Don't. Please either get me anything related to what I want or just give me money. Stuff like this will just get thrown out.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

Don't. Please either get me anything related to what I want or just give me money. Stuff like this will just get thrown out.

It could be worse.

You could get books.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

fuck if I was captain k I would take you out of SS now, thats just pompous and assholeish.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

fuck if I was captain k I would take you out of SS now, thats just pompous and assholeish.

So its not assholeish to send me a "hurr hurr" gift to get your jolies off? Cause thats what that gift is.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

So its not assholeish to send me a "hurr hurr" gift to get your jolies off? Cause thats what that gift is.

Joke gifts are the best, honestly :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

Not to me they aren't. If thats the way its gotta be, then I can send joke gifts as well.

How about the person who gets me will get a $50 paper on which its written "Gift". I assume thats funny.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    I hope I get Katchem_ash

Not to me they aren't. If thats the way its gotta be, then I can send joke gifts as well.

How about the person who gets me will get a $50 paper on which its written "Gift". I assume thats funny.

Bah. Relax Ash. I'm sure no one's going to do that to you. Don't get your panties in a bunch, etc.

urahonky on
  • Options
    FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Katchem I don't think anyone else participating is as shameless as you so I don't know if you'll actually get any of that stuff

edit: says the guy with the pokemon sig

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Faustum wrote: »
    Katchem I don't think anyone else participating is as shameless as you so I don't know if you'll actually get any of that stuff

edit: says the guy with the pokemon sig

Oh I don't really care what I get unless it obviously something stupid to get "hurr hurr".

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was totally joking.
    I don't hope I get Katchem_ash at all
    joking again

LewieP on
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    deleted

capable heart on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had a blast doing this last year, so of course I'm in again this year.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    NarketNarket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I guess this is also the place to give idea's for the person who gets you, so here's what I have. NES, Sega Gen, Saturn, Game Cube, PS2, no PC. I hate anime, just could never get into that or comics. I am planning on getting a DS in the distant future, so anything relating to that wouldn't be bad. Just whatever. I can take a joke, it's not a big deal. This is for fun anyways, right!

Edit: Few more things. I wear a MED Shirt. LOVE RAMMSTEIN, but have all their CDs. I like most horror movies, as well as Star Wars. I plat golf a lot. Then again, this is all a surprise, so do whatever!

Narket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I suppose I'll drop a few nuggets of info on myself, just in case someone needs them since I haven't been terribly active on the forums the past few months. Currently, I only have a Wii, a DS and an Atari 2600. My PC is a laptop that isn't built for real current games, so truthfully I'd avoid PC games. I love pretty much anything, games, toys, food...only no Anime for me as well.

I'd actually appreciate a gift that would annoy the hell out of my wife. Annoying toys are great, jokes are fine, heck if you want to really piss off the wife, send a console - even if it's just a $5 Genesis from Goodwill or that yellowed Snes in your basement - that'd be great. I keep threatening to rebuy a Genny or get an old Xbox or PSP and it really gets her in a pucker.

Just have fun!

EDIT: I am of age (in fact I'm 30) for the alcohol. Just keep in mind for other adulty items that my 3 year old will likely be there when I open the box. Obviously it doesn't matter if he sees liquor, but anything too raunchy, just write NSFW on package or something.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I'm in again!

Through no fault of my Santa last year, I never got my present. :(
    I always do love giving the gift, though. <3

What?!

You never sent me any PMs so I thought it got to you. That is bullshit and If Canada wasn't so far away I would go there and start hitting customs agents at the border until my rage subsided. It would be like Streets of Rage only replace the street punks with Canadian Authorities and the hot chick in the red skirt with me.

I sent you a shitload of the best fucking smoked Salmon my state has to offer, and a few other things as well. I'm no philanthropist but that shit wasn't exactly cheap and it pisses me off that some customs agent or mail thief got ahold of it and not you.

So, if you want I can get you something from the internet this year and we could have a private, not so secret, one-way Santa (I think I still have your addresses), or if you want I can just buy you some Wii points or something and just PM you the code sometime after I get paid on Friday.

Changed my mind. I think I'm in again this year. If I get another forumer living outside of the US then you're getting some cool shit off of Amazon or Lik-Sang or something because I'm not personally going to be shipping you anything.

Einhander on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Also K_A I hope you get some grace for Christmas this year.

Einhander on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Einhander wrote: »
    Also K_A I hope you get some grace for Christmas this year.

Or cancer. Either one works for me.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If I got K_A Id get him an appropriate gift to his tastes, anime figures or something japan related.

because im not a dick and its christmas, and im not about to judge someone on their tastes, but rather just make them happy at christmas time.

in the spirit of this thing I would probably put in a joke gift like lewie suggested, but im not about to screw him over for participating in what i hope is a well spirited and nice arrangement by captaink and the arcadians.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Enough of the K_A thing. This is a great thread filled with joy, awed and chuckles. Let's not spoil it early on.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Is K_a an asshole?

Because he sure is in the SE SS.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Scarab you are a better man than I.

I got some cool shit last year. One of the things was House of Leaves, which as a gift was equally good for me to read, and to laugh at my roomate as she read it every time she had to turn it one way or the other.

Einhander on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I'm pretty easy to please as gifts go.
    I'm into more or less into all kinds of games but sports, but on the other hand, I already have a lot of them. :P I'm particularly a shill for Sega and Atlus-developed stuff, and almost anything connected to the latter.
    (Anime's a hobby of mine, but not nearly as much like it used to be; the medium's gotten way too convoluted for my tastes lately.)

I'm also into film and music, for whatever that's worth.
    And books too, but it's hard to find time for those lately. I blame the DS.

As an FYI, I more less have every Sega system shy of the Game Gear(Saturn being my favorite), NES/SNES/64/GC/DS, PSP/PS2, and XB. Well, and a moderately decent PC, though all I've played on that lately are the F.E.A.R.s, Sam and Max, and V:TM Bloodlines.

I think I might second the 'huge backlog; more games = bad' sentiment, even though I certainly wouldn't turn any down.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think half the fun of this thing is digging through the forum and trying to build gifts on your santee's portrayed forum personality.

Nevertheless, wishlists seem to be the norm. I'll simply say this:

I'm not into Manga or Anime.
    I've got a PC and a Wii.

Just a quick question what-with-all the shipping errors reported last year, how soon should we ship these gifts out? I'd imagine December is the busiest month of the year for the mail folks..

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Figgy wrote: »
    I think half the fun of this thing is digging through the forum and trying to build gifts on your santee's portrayed forum personality.

Nevertheless, wishlists seem to be the norm. I'll simply say this:

I'm not into Manga or Anime.
    I've got a PC and a Wii.

Just a quick question what-with-all the shipping errors reported last year, how soon should we ship these gifts out? I'd imagine December is the busiest month of the year for the mail folks..
    last year i shipped mine less than a week after we got our targets :P, I figured better safe than sorry

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm totally in by the way. I like the Secret Santa thing.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in again this year! Will drop a few lines for people to follow in the next however many weeks. :D

Polago on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    In for the first time!

I don't post toooo often, so to be fair:
    No food please; I've got some odd dietary issues, rather not go there. I wear an adult small t-shirt. I own a Wii, DS, PS2, and a boatload of old systems. Really, I just want to be surprised.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think this really needs to be stickied, K.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    Is K_a an asshole?

As I said, I would not be surprised if whomever was supposed to get K_A a gift actually got him something interesting and legit, while K_A would totally half-ass getting a good gift for his Santee - if he got them anything at all.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    PotU wrote: »
    Is K_a an asshole?

As I said, I would not be surprised if whomever was supposed to get K_A a gift actually got him something interesting and legit, while K_A would totally half-ass getting a good gift for his Santee - if he got them anything at all.

I'd at least try. I will admit that buying a gift for an anime/manga fan would be insanely difficult for me. It's a world that I know absolutely nothing about. I suppose that would be part of the fun though.

Although - I have to agree that his posts in here (and I ventured into SE to check their Santa thread too) are EXTREMELY against the spirit of Secret Santa.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    PhotonPhoton Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My first time but I'm very in ... Have just started working and I love trying to think of cool presents for people :)

I've only been a member here for a little while (though have lurked for much much longer) and I dont get around to posting as much as i'd like, so i'd better give a few snippets of info to help my santa:

I have a DS, 360 and a pretty decent gaming pc, enjoy most genres of games but i can never really get into RTS's.I also love films, and anime related things are cool too, ive not bought any for myself lately. However i would be just as happy with something utterly random that would make me laugh or is cool, so hopefully i wont be too hard to buy for :)

Emailing now :)

Photon on
    PSN: photon_86
  • Options
    Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Personally I would love to receive a Companion Cube from the Valve Store when they're out (supposedly before Christmas)

Failing that, a Wii, if you happen to be rolling in money.

Or, just anything awesome that is game-related. *Hint* I love Halo a bit too much.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png