As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD THREAD.

• Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    jump + attack is really useful against the at-st

dude couldn't even get a shot out

Ranced on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    expendable wrote: »
    My biggest complaint is that force push is limited to the 2D plane that the apprentice is on.

Like, I can't stand on a walkway and look down and direct a push to the troopers below me. Or up to a passing TIE.

You sure you can't jump up and do it that way, it does a force push directed down.

And yeah I tried to charge my force push into that tie that strafes you but it did nothing. You can't grab it either. Bleh.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I hope there are more things like how you take down the flying ties in the big hanger. Non-obvious uses of the terrain for massive destruction make me happy.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    darthatton wrote: »
    You know, it is possible to force push the AT-ST off the broken side of the platform, but it takes a unnecessary amount of work and isn't as cool as the QTE way. :|

How do you know people don't think that's awesome? I think that's awesome. FORCE PUSH!!!111

It's super underwhelming and silly looking.

It's like a little kid trying to push away a sleeping, fat man.

Ranced on
  • Options
    darthattondarthatton Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, it takes at least 20 charged pushes to get it to the edge, and it kind of slides off the side and disappears. There's no special animation. Simply, it's not as epic as cutting it in half and revealing the special Stormtrooper Surprise inside. :winky:

EDIT: Yeah; pretty much that, Ranced.

darthatton on
    My somewhat generic Youtube channel, where you can nerd out to your heart's content.
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, it takes at least 20 charged pushes to get it to the edge, and it kind of slides off the side and disappears. There's no special animation. Simply, it's not as epic as cutting it in half and revealing the special Stormtrooper Surprise inside. :winky:

Is it bad that the only thing I didn't like about the demo was that there were stormtroopers inside the AT-ST?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pancake wrote: »

Is it bad that the only thing I didn't like about the demo was that there were stormtroopers inside the AT-ST?

The toy AT-ST I have (oh Gods, I realised just now how lame writing that was) has a snowtrooper who sits in it instead of the doods with the funny black hats.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008

This bothered me slightly and then I got over it

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I so gotta bust out Lego Star Wars 2 tonight so I stop overplaying this before the actual game comes out.

Am I the only one who's replayed this like seven times?

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hold a stormtrooper with force grab for long enough without killing him and he starts tap dancing.

photo1qx6.th.jpg

Sorry for the shit quality photo - using my mbp in low light.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Hold a stormtrooper with force grab for long enough without killing him and he starts tap dancing.

photo1qx6.th.jpg

Sorry for the shit quality photo - using my mbp in low light.

He's clearly already gone through the five stages. He might as well enjoy what remains of his existence.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I so gotta bust out Lego Star Wars 2 tonight so I stop overplaying this before the actual game comes out.

Am I the only one who's replayed this like seven times?

No, and the amazing thing is that I discover something new on each playthrough.

I think the attention to continuity in some places is most impressive. I swear I saw some sort of early Y-Wing design fighting the TIEs outside. Although, it kinda did annoy that AT-ATs were being used on Kashyyk, even though the ESB version of the walker isn't supposed to be invented until after ANH. :|

darthatton on
    My somewhat generic Youtube channel, where you can nerd out to your heart's content.
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    arod_77 wrote: »
    The demo just didn't really give you a good sense of the DMM features I thought.

Yeah, that would be my problem. We all know how kickass it is, but my brother just sat behind me whining that all the bent doors and metal struts looked pre-scripted. I figure they're not (otherwise what's the point of DMM), but he kind of had a point :(

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I was thinking, you know if these developers were really on the ball the cantina music would spark up.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    The demo just didn't really give you a good sense of the DMM features I thought.

Yeah, that would be my problem. We all know how kickass it is, but my brother just sat behind me whining that all the bent doors and metal struts looked pre-scripted. I figure they're not (otherwise what's the point of DMM), but he kind of had a point :(

They aren't actually pre-scripted, at least not entirely. They always seem to bend in very similar ways, but if you play around with the angles and strength of your pushes, you can get them to bend differently.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

They aren't actually pre-scripted, at least not entirely. They always seem to bend in very similar ways, but if you play around with the angles and strength of your pushes, you can get them to bend differently.

Yeah I can't wait to throw guys at trees on Kashyyyk and watch them break differently each time.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Mine usually have rebel shaped holes in the sides anyways. I swear, I'm not going to be opening doors with anything but repeater troopers the entire game.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Oh yeah, I know they're not, but if you've got something that basically looks and acts like it, then it kinda kills some of the enthusiasm.

Basically I'm expecting that the full thing will come with more... pliable environments in other missions, to really show it all off.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yeah I can't wait to throw guys at trees on Kashyyyk and watch them break differently each time.

On the bridge where the tie fighter strafes you there are struts you can grab with grip and manipulate freely. I like to bend them up into the tie fighters path and wait. When the tie fighter hit its, they bend in the right direction.

Show him that, if he's not convinced, shout I'll show you manipulation! and throw him off a cliff.

I may have been influenced by this game.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I repeatedly bumped into the Gonk droids to try to get them to gonk the developers' names in morse code. They didn't. :cry:

darthatton on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Mine usually have rebel shaped holes in the sides anyways. I swear, I'm not going to be opening doors with anything but repeater troopers the entire game.

There's a hallway before you go out into that last room with some panels on the wall you can throw enemies into and it dents realistically- like if you hit with their whole bodies it's a big dent, smash them headfirst into it and it's a small dent. I love that.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    (1) I liked the troopers inside the ATST. Crunchy outside with a chewy centre!

(2) Is James Earl Jones even working these days? Honestly. How much could it have cost to get him do the voice of Vader for this? You'd think with the muscle and work they're throwing into it, his fee woulda' been a drop in the ocean.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited August 2008

On the bridge where the tie fighter strafes you there are struts you can grab with grip and manipulate freely. I like to bend them up into the tie fighters path and wait. When the tie fighter hit its, they bend in the right direction.

Show him that, if he's not convinced, shout I'll show you manipulation! and throw him off a cliff.

Yeah, I showed that off and didn't get a response. I might have to push him through some doors..

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Chance wrote: »

(2) Is James Earl Jones even working these days? Honestly. How much could it have cost to get him do the voice of Vader for this? You'd think with the muscle and work they're throwing into it, his fee woulda' been a drop in the ocean.

It sounds enough like him, so I don't mind.

Besides, having this guy as Darth Vader is somewhat amusing.

Ranced on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am excited about Raxus Prime. The planet is basically a giant scrap yard. The possibilities seem endless.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh gawd, it's like Psi Ops, only the controls for Telekinesis are not as perfect. I wish it used the right trigger's sensetivity for height.

But all will be forgiven as long as there's not a thousand levels where using the lift ability stops working. That ruined Psi Ops for me.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Chance wrote: »

iirc it took a fuckton of money and persuasion to get him to do the one line in Revenge of the Sith. He really doesnt want to do vader again. ever.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yeah, I showed that off and didn't get a response. I might have to push him through some doors..

One thing that confused me was that I can bend ten inch thick astro metal doors with ease but can't just carve through them with the lightsaber.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

One thing that confused me was that I can bend ten inch thick astro metal doors with ease but can't just carve through them with the lightsaber.

Low batteries on the the lightsaber.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

It's pretty obvious isn't it? Your good lightsaber is clearly in the shop...it'll be right as rain in the morning.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh my god, the Rebels are using Y-Wings in the space battle...and possibly Z-95 Headhunters.

<3

EDIT: Wait, I think it's just Y-Wings, but still. Nice to see the continuity.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    For that matter--compared to blasting in bulkheads and dropping star destroyers out of orbit--an AT-ST should provide little challenge.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    expendable wrote: »

Low batteries on the the lightsaber.

I was going to say cortosis, but that excuse is used in pretty much every Star Wars game involving lightsabers. (I'm looking at you, KOTOR! :x)

darthatton on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Okay so.

19th of september for me.

Gonna have to put some money aside. Hopefully jbhi fi have it for cheaper than ass raping eb.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What other games of note are coming out in September, anyway?

Ranced on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ranced wrote: »

SPORE

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Warhammer Online.

Uh, not sure what else.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I can wait on spore.

I'm a star wars nerd.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Mother

Fucking

Mercen

fucking

aries

fucking

two!

(in europe)

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Didn't play one. If I stay ignorant, I may be free and clear.

Morninglord on