Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Guek wrote: »
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Oh man

Oh man

Viewtiful Joe being in this just raised my interest level

Viewtiful Joe's inclusion just reminds me that capcom needs to make another goddamn VJ game. :x

I really, really hope they don't, considering Clover's gone and most of the VJ games after the first one were travesties.

Somehow I read that as transvestites.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man

Oh man

Viewtiful Joe's inclusion just reminds me that capcom needs to make another goddamn VJ game. :x

I really, really hope they don't, considering Clover's gone and most of the VJ games after the first one were travesties.

I did the same thing. What would a transvestite game look like?

Couscous on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man

Oh man

That's pretty spot on too.

You got VJ2 home, unwrapped it, started fooling around a bit and you feel like somethings kinda off. You kinda brush it aside and a few minutes in you take a step back and reali-OHGODITSGOTADICK.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    In Spanish, travesti means transvestite :)

RockinX on
  • Options
    Conan-sanConan-san Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I need to import this game. And learn japanese.

Given what kind of game this is, i think thats a non issue

Conan-san on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sometimes I think Capcom is doing this on purpose, putting all the cool stuff into releases we can never hope to get over here. Kind of reminds me of Nintendo with Mother/Earthbound.

Damn near anything with MegaMan Volnutt stays in Japan. Namco x Capcom, Rockman DASH: 5 Island Adventure (cell phone game), this... and Viewtiful Joe's inclusion is just more salt in the wound.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sometimes I think Capcom is doing this on purpose, putting all the cool stuff into releases we can never hope to get over here. Kind of reminds me of Nintendo with Mother/Earthbound.

Damn near anything with MegaMan Volnutt stays in Japan. Namco x Capcom, Rockman DASH: 5 Island Adventure (cell phone game), this... and Viewtiful Joe's inclusion is just more salt in the wound.
    Meatmouth is pleased that his mother 3 wall of doom is working.

Conan-san on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Timestones wrote: »
    Oh man
    Oh man
    If anything that'd probably mean it would be less likely to suck, since the original Viewtiful Joe was the only one not made by Clover. :P
    They were all headed by Atsushi Inaba, though, and he's gone.

Glal on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Considering the high chance that this will become Marvel vs. Capcom 3, they'll probably keep everyone on the Capcom side, anyway.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Considering the high chance that this will become Marvel vs. Capcom 3, they'll probably keep everyone on the Capcom side, anyway.
    Bah to Marvel, I'm geting the JP version.

I'd rahter get Firey Phoenix in my face than Spider Man's new Infinity Combo, "Sell your unborn child to the devil and wipe out 20 or so years of contiuinity just so Aunt May, who by this point realy needs to Die and stay the hell down. Maybe throw her off a bridge and break her neck Gwen Stacy stylé, can live for a few more years".

Conan-san on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tangent. What's crazy is that May's died before in another series. She swings with Peter, dammit.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wouldn't Capcom need... I don't know, something like the Marvel license to make MVC3?

Anyway, I want to fight the giant zippo. But I'd settle for just the Capcom half of the roster (or an entirely Capcom roster) in a pinch.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wouldn't Capcom need... I don't know, something like the Marvel license to make MVC3?
    Um, EA gave up their Marvel fighting license a few years ago. Also, at this year's Comic-Con Marvel: Your Universe panel:
    Possibility of another Marvel vs. Capcom game (a question that excited the audience)? "Would it be possible one day? Yes. And maybe sooner than you think," teased Feige.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Yeah, I don't know why people are speculating that a US version would include Marvel characters instead. Not only because of the license, but because of the work needed for designing the models, motion capture and moves.

RockinX on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Um, EA gave up their Marvel fighting license a few years ago. Also, at this year's Comic-Con Marvel: Your Universe panel:
    Possibility of another Marvel vs. Capcom game (a question that excited the audience)? "Would it be possible one day? Yes. And maybe sooner than you think," teased Feige.

To be fair, if we are in rumor land and all, they might be referring to the supposedly eventual xbox live/PSN release of MVC2

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, but there is a difference between making Marvel Vs Capcom the American version of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and creating a whole new Marvel Vs Capcom game.

RockinX on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just want Speed Racer.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm curious as to what Go/Speed/Meteoro would be able to do. I know he used to fight bad guys, but bare feet and hands come short when dealing against mechas and fireballs.

Of course, there could also be a super move in which he summons the Mach Five to run over the opponent.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sepcial moves throwing cars at dudes, summoning chim chim to do crazy things, racer x support attacks etc

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    RockinX wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what Go/Speed/Meteoro would be able to do. I know he used to fight bad guys, but bare feet and hands come short when dealing against mechas and fireballs.

Of course, there could also be a super move in which he summons the Mach Five to run over the opponent.

I would think that the Mach 5 would move in tandem with Speed on a background plane, and do attacks.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    they could just have the mach 5 instead of speed, like that one sega fighting game that had a daytona car as a character

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    RockinX wrote: »

Mach 5 with buzzsaws out.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Regarding the Comic Con thing, Capcom seems in pretty hard denial over it meaning anything...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The arcade version of this here vidya game hits Japanese arcades December 11.

I'm hoping some arcade in my area is silly enough to import it.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Let me get this straight: the Wii gets this. As an exclusive.

Fuck the Wii.

I ain't buyin' one and they're taking awesome games from me.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Considering Capcom's putting Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4, and the good version of Dead Rising on other consoles, it would almost be some consolation, if it were to come out here.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Cry more.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    elkatas wrote: »

Cry more.

Okay, I will.

Whinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhine

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Cry more.

Okay, I will.

Whinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhine

Is there something like a freeloader for Wii yet?

Artoria on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yep, free too.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yep, free too.

But don't update your Wii to latest version. Solution for fixing this problem is coming, but currently latest update prevents some homebrew from working.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hi

Some obsessive dude at Gamefaqs has contacted every Tatsunoko character license holders in USA, and asked if they have character license anymore, and if the license was applicable to videogames. Results were somewhat surprising:

Ken the Eagle : expired license
    Casshern1: never had/expired license (OAV)
    Tekkaman: The Space Knight: Had one in the 70's for vhs. Company went under.
    Yatterman-12: never had a license
    Polymar: Expired (Urban Vision - OAV)
    Gold Lightan: never had a license
    Doronjo: never had a license
    Karas: previously held by MANGA Entertainment. They have no right on Video games.
    Hakushon: Never had a license
    Jun the Swan: expired
    Ippatsuman: Never had a license

Harmony Gold has rights to some characters, but according to their president, these don't cover videogames. It actually looks like coast is clear!

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    There is still the fact that not everyone knows about Tatsunoko characters (except for Speed Racer and the Samurai Pizza Cats, but they haven't been announced), and that could potentially hinder sales.

I hope not, though. I was going to import it, but I decided to wait until I could find it used at a reasonable price.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Another great video that makes me wish I didn't update my Wii so I could import this...

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/tatsunoko/081119/movie.php

EDIT: That site is being a bitch. Here's a lower quality youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wcOvbXR34

Fig-D on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Another great video that makes me wish I didn't update my Wii so I could import this...

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/tatsunoko/081119/movie.php

EDIT: That site is being a bitch. Here's a lower quality youtube link:
    Don't worry, the Twilight Hack is back!

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

And hopefully by the time TvC is out there'll be a solid procedure to playing this on US Wiis (in case there's any other unforeseen snags).

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Awesome! Now I need to find a place that's cheaper than Play Asia. $70 before tax or shipping is a little steep.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    oh yes. roll's not a gimped copy of megaman this time around.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I love how her defeat animation is the same one from the original Mega Man games.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Awesome! Now I need to find a place that's cheaper than Play Asia. $70 before tax or shipping is a little steep.

Unfortunately game is priced higher than normal videogame, so the 70 $ is probably lowest you can get.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Unfortunately game is priced higher than normal videogame, so the 70 $ is probably lowest you can get.

That's lame then. Probably wont stop me from importing, but it's lame.

Fig-D on