As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]: The Motion Picture

• Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    KEB wrote: »
    I need fashion advice.

Where's a girly girl when you need one?

I are a lady. Whatcha need?

Gotta dress for a date on Saturday!

Activities include lunch, and possibly outdoor, downtown walking.

Forecast is probably rainy and only slightly above freezing.

Physically, I am basically a stick one hangs clothes on.

As a good Vancouverite I will have an umbrella, so staying dry shouldn't be too much of an issue!

I basically need to advice from my feet up! :P

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    I need fashion advice.

what is the topic in question?

:^:

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I need fashion advice.

Not on a webcomic-about-video-games' forum M I RITE.

Also ask your question of advice anyway.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    It's not that AIDS prevention is unimportant, it's that there isn't anything to be gained from "researching" it. We know how to prevent it already, that research is done. The information should be disseminated, and therefore falls under "AIDS education".

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    7up.jpg

Greenwashing. 'Tis bullshit.

We were watching an episode of Love it or List it on HGTV earlier, and the couple were the worst sort of self-righteous pseudo green hippy super yuppies. All spending three quarters of a million on a house, but complaining to their realtor, "This brand new laminate floor is made of PVC, so we'd have to replace that." Boy, how 'green' of you.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I like to explain people pining for the old days via pop music.

You hear every song now. You only hear the classics from before. So old music seems to have had less shit. It didn't.

I'm fairly old, and for me the prob with most new music is how strongly you can hear the influences, and then you just think 'I can go listen to Patti Smith or Television or The New York Dolls already'.

There is original stuff, of course. Particularly electronic stuff. But so much rock and pop, you can just hear who they wanted to be, and I've already got those records.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    7up.jpg

What?

It's 100% natural lemon and lime flavor.

And 100% natural 3000x your recommended daily value of sugar.

It's Diet 7UP, so I guess it uses some "natural" 0-cal fake sugar. Not exactly sure how that works, though.

Diet cans typically aren't the solid-color ones.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Good policy is not a morality play; the ascetic and faithful do not find their sacrifice glorified, and the grasping and deviant do not find their cause condemned.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    wnV8l.jpg

This made angry and my brain hurt.

Why? It's simple. If you don't want to catch AIDS accept Jesus into your heart and DONT FUCK EVER

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    wnV8l.jpg

Y'know, it is possible to interpret this as a positive comic about how people have stopped listening to the "biblical" viewpoint on AIDS

Death of the author!

Considering the theme of stuff people been posting outside the Onion I would say otherwise.

Also excluding that prevention is a huge area of HIV research and work in general. From condoms to treatment as prevention.

So yeah, this comic can go fuck itself.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    wnV8l.jpg

Y'know, it is possible to interpret this as a positive comic about how people have stopped listening to the "biblical" viewpoint on AIDS

Death of the author!

I find every one of these right-wing nut job comics includes an ironic alter-interpretation that more accurately conforms to reality.

Chanus on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Condoms are the devil's foreskin

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I should be kept away from scribblenauts, itll kill me

cthuluwarhammer.jpg

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    STO

@Ludious is on

GUILD ME UP SCOTTY

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    7up.jpg

What?

It's Diet 7UP, so I guess it uses some "natural" 0-cal fake sugar. Not exactly sure how that works, though.

True, but the text under the "100% natural" line says Diet, so it's pretty confusing. Normal 7UP went "all natural" like 2 years ago.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I am so close to a dual author paper submission that I can taste it

just have to shore up some of the figures this week and then work on the actual submission process (which makes my teeth hurt thinking about it)

I will be insufferable when/if this gets published just an fyi

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    STO

@Ludious is on

GUILD ME UP SCOTTY

I could sing the song that ends your soul

any

time

Remember that

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I need fashion advice.

As a good Vancouverite I will have an umbrella, so staying dry shouldn't be too much of an issue!

If you have cute rain boots, wear those with your umbrella, you'll look like a fearless woodswoman ready to face the elements. I actually have a date tomorrow, but I've got my outfit all planned out. Mirror my example: cute but casual black top that has a little movement to it, my pretty red and white scarf, dark blue jeans, and black boots. Dressed like a true Nor'Easter.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

cthuluwarhammer.jpg

Scribblenauts is the best

I either ride a unicorn everywhere

Or simply make myself capable of flight

Walking is for suckers!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    girls planning to wear regarding layers and so forth is always a little mystifying to me

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    7up.jpg

What?

They're calling it "natural" because it's now just actual lemon/lime flavoring, soda water and some salt.

And a shitload of HFCS, which they got all kinds of crap for when they pulled the "100% Natural" ploy.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I like to explain people pining for the old days via pop music.

You hear every song now. You only hear the classics from before. So old music seems to have had less shit. It didn't.

You know what? I sorted through the shit once already. I tossed the Gin Blossoms and kept Pavement. I aint as keen on doing that for new shit.

NEW MUSIC IS ALL SHIT BECAUSE ITS UNFAMILIAR TO MEEEEEE

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Arg now the unmatched skull color scheme between space marinethulu and space marine max is bugging me, gotta go fix it

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That comic is stupid

People who agree with it are stupid

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Good policy is not a morality play; the ascetic and faithful do not find their sacrifice glorified, and the grasping and deviant do not find their cause condemned.

Sometimes, Ronya, I wonder what the hell you're talking about or what oblique reference to current discussion you are making.

Because your points seems so salient, yet so intangible.

It is possibly one of my favorite parts of chat.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    girls planning to wear regarding layers and so forth is always a little mystifying to me

its not that complicated

its like hipster school 101

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

cthuluwarhammer.jpg

My 3-year-old really likes it. I read the problems to her and she suggests answers, often better than mine.

Or she gets one of the playgrounds/sandboxes and types random things in, which the dictionary often seems to parse as submarines or doctors.

Her default solutions for everything are rocks and ladders, though.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    STO

Ludious is on

GUILD ME UP SCOTTY

I could sing the song that ends your soul

any

time

Remember that

What, do Star Trek fans not appreciate nostalgic nods and jokes?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I need fashion advice.

what is the topic in question?

:^:

I spent the last five minutes looking for a still of when Roger turns his butt towards a drunken Stan and gives him bedroom eyes

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    7up.jpg

What?

True, but the text under the "100% natural" line says Diet, so it's pretty confusing. Normal 7UP went "all natural" like 2 years ago.

What a bunch of jerks.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I need fashion advice.

If you have cute rain boots, wear those with your umbrella, you'll look like a fearless woodswoman ready to face the elements. I actually have a date tomorrow, but I've got my outfit all planned out. Mirror my example: cute but casual black top that has a little movement to it, my pretty red and white scarf, dark blue jeans, and black boots. Dressed like a true Nor'Easter.

I'm wondering how she's going to end up with your pretty red and white scarf

• Options
    I need fashion advice.

You east coasters aren't all bad! :P

I keep thinking I want to wear a skirt for this date but I have no idea why: I'm way more comfortable in jeans and it's gonna be cold. My brain has no compassion for my legs!

Thanks for the advice, I really like it :)

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    All natural doesn't mean anything.

• Options
    I need fashion advice.

You east coasters aren't all bad! :P

I keep thinking I want to wear a skirt for this date but I have no idea why: I'm way more comfortable in jeans and it's gonna be cold. My brain has no compassion for my legs!

Thanks for the advice, I really like it :)

if you desire a skirt, add leggings underneath it, and double them up for warmth if needed

this also goes well with cute rain boots

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ah sweet, They got some Nickleback songs for Rocksmith on Steam!

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    wnV8l.jpg

Death of the author!

What's especially egregious about that comic is that it's the bible-wielding Catholic church that has constantly opposed AIDS prevention.

The church doesn't give a shit about AIDS, they just care about stopping people from having sex.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Ah sweet, They got some Nickleback songs for Rocksmith on Steam!

literally the worst person.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hah, fashion.

For tonight's work Christmas function, I shall go home and remove today's work clothes, and put on tomorrow's work clothes.

Don't even have to think about it. Until tomorrow.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Although it is quite funny that frankenfood has adopted the reefer madness tag line of drug pitches.

This discussion has been closed.