Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I guess the new xcom expansion is probably too new to be going on sale this time around, huh?

maybe saint's row though

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I guess the new xcom expansion is probably too new to be going on sale this time around, huh?

maybe saint's row though

It's at 33% right now, so 50% flash/daily might happen.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Okay, Gone Home. I know I'll like you. You know I'll like you. But let's get together over Winter Sale when I can put aside some time to savor you.

No Gone Home, please don't look at me like that. It's not you, it's me right now.

I got through it in two hours and I don't feel like I rushed through it at all.

Hell, I'm not sure I even missed anything.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Okay, Gone Home. I know I'll like you. You know I'll like you. But let's get together over Winter Sale when I can put aside some time to savor you.

No Gone Home, please don't look at me like that. It's not you, it's me right now.

Go through and listen to all the commentary. I can pretty much guarantee you missed some stuff.
    Also, look up the great uncle guy, the pharmacist or whatever. His whole story adds a ton both to the game and to the father's story.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Laugh as I know you will. But as a man who just played a PC game with a respectable rig for the first time ever, damn Aliens Colonial Marines looks better than anything I have played on a console!

PLease tell me you didn't buy this game

Please

It is terrible

I'm oddly enjoying it. I got it during the Summer Sale, but my 4K graphics couldn't handle it.

Today, I'm playing with power.

Oh man, A:CM got some serious flak from reviewers, and it was well-deserved, but I still managed to eke enough fun out of it to hold me over to the end.

Let me know if you're ever up for some co-op.

But enough about Aliens, the real reason I am posting is to say thank you to a couple of forumers for dropping some sale love on me.

@Berylline rained radioactive Fallout down from the sky. I love Fallout, it was such a radical departure from the RPGs that I was used to playing when it came out. Not set in some ancient fantasy environment, it was set in the Pacific Northwest 80 years after nuclear Armageddon. With the upcoming change of rights holders for the Fallout games getting the older ones now will guarantee their availability in the future, so I'm pretty stoked. Another runthrough is something I've been thinking of doing for a while, maybe this time go all strength/melee instead of the traditional high CHA/INT characters I normally play.

Speaking of RPGs, @Talus9952 has enacted a plan to sideline my backlog indefinitely with the gift of RPG Maker VX Ace. Now I can finally craft my Steam Thread RPG masterpiece that takes place in the post apocalyptic future and tasks the player with traveling the long way from his village to Bellevue Washington to defeat the undead Mecha-Gaben, restart the Steam content servers, and bring the glory of Steam gaming back to his village.

Andre 3000, in a song, once asked the question "What's cooler than being cool?", and the answer to that is clearly the Steam Thread.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Go through and listen to all the commentary. I can pretty much guarantee you missed some stuff.
    Also, look up the great uncle guy, the pharmacist or whatever. His whole story adds a ton both to the game and to the father's story.

In the garage, look up right as you enter, you'll see a ball in the rafters. Knock it down and pick it up. There was a basketball hoop somewhere in the house, and you're holding a ball. Do it.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I hope we get a good discount on Saints Row 4, it's currently sitting at an uncomfortable US$46.89 @ 33% off. I've got the PS3 version and all but I'm just too used to playing SR2 and 3 on the PC with a 360 controller that I just can't get used to it on the big screen. Plus the lack of Idolninja related mods on the console concerns me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Where can I get the mod pack to make Morrowind look good?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Polaritie wrote: »

maybe saint's row though

It's at 33% right now, so 50% flash/daily might happen.

wait, it is? the website has it at thirty bucks. Enemy unknown is 50% off and doesn't seem to be a daily sale though, so maybe I'll just get that and pick up enemy within later

ed: oh, you meant SR4

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    don't buy anything that isn't a daily sale until the last day of the sale, because nearly everything that's on sale becomes a daily at some point.

• Options
    also I guess I can't remember what my steam password is, so that's sort of annoying

guess I'll just have to get home from thanksgiving before I can buy any stuff

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Note to self;
    Next time, rather putting a game in your inventory to gift later, check and see if no one has it.....

WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE HAVE TERRARIA!?

Because Starbound.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Dunno if Startopia will get on a daily sale slot. Probably a flash sale only.

Also obligatory soundtrack nerding out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHllTNKYj7Q

I probably should've waited on Company of Heroes 2 though. I'm really bad at sales.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Stragint wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/5947989/morrowind-just-got-even-prettier-with-this-new-graphical-overhaul

Links and video tutorial. This ain't no steamworks, prepare to hack and install and worship.

?.jpeg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69wYi3_LWo

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    don't buy anything that isn't a daily sale until the last day of the sale, because nearly everything that's on sale becomes a daily at some point.

And remember that the last day of the sale is not the last day of the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Autumn sale, but the end of the Christmas/Winter sale.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Drive by @berylline! Adventures of Shuggy!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    the deal is that nothing in the winter sale will be any cheaper than it is on flash deal during this one, right?

are they ever going to do community votes again? That was kind of fun

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    So the artwork in The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav is simply eye-meltingly gorgeous. I spend as much time admiring the details and touches as I do playing the game. It's going to take me twice as long to finish as it would take anyone else. :P

Loving the game so far - Thanks again @BigDes!

Glad you like it. I picked it up in a bundle a few weeks back and found it pretty cool.

Also @Talus was a classy son of a weeaboo and bought me rpgmaker ace

Which is pretty damn good of him

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drown the people in their burrows and damn the rivers
    Cast your eyes upward and say his name
    Classhole

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular

I think it's called the Morrowind Overhaul. When I last took a run through Morrowind, there was an Italian site that was getting the graphics, sound, and a few gameplay mods together into a single package. It wasn't quite ready a year or two ago, but with all the individual mods together the game looks not terrible.

The overhaul won't make it a modern game, but they do make an incredible leap forwards from what was originally released. Morrowind is an old game, but with the graphics updated it becomes a lot easier to see the charm and the amazing craftsmanship of the original game.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    an_alt wrote: »

I think it's called the Morrowind Overhaul. When I last took a run through Morrowind, there was an Italian site that was getting the graphics, sound, and a few gameplay mods together into a single package. It wasn't quite ready a year or two ago, but with all the individual mods together the game looks not terrible.

The overhaul won't make it a modern game, but they do make an incredible leap forwards from what was originally released. Morrowind is an old game, but with the graphics updated it becomes a lot easier to see the charm and the amazing craftsmanship of the original game.

Was it Morrowind Overhaul where the modders got all pretentious about and threatened to sue to dude who packed it all together because he was stealing their art?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, steamgifts finally letting me see who won. Here's the rundown so you don't buy anything :P

Clickr: @DyasAlure
    Duke Nukem: @Masume
    POSTAL: @Talus
    Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire: @Taramoor and @Cydonia
    Dream Pinball 3D: @GearGirl
    Nihilumbra and Speedrunners: @HiTBiT
    Gravi, Chains, and X-Blades: @Talus
    Jack Orlando: @ToyD and @DaringDirk
    RIP - Trilogy: @spool32
    Larva Mortus: @GearGirl and @Taramoor
    Space Trader: Merchant Marine: @BigDes
    Sacred Citadel: @DaringDirk
    Future Wars: @Taramoor

I'll be sending 'em out later today.

Thank you @jragghen

Edit:
    Good grief. Steam sale. Lots of posts. Is there a steam meta game this time?

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Dear god. Pinball FX2 is going to devour my soul.
    Thanks a lot, Steam thread :s

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I don't like open world games, and spent all my time in the first town in Morrowind. Now I really want to buy Skyrim, though. I've been watching videos and it seems like I could have fun with it, but I can't rationalize the purchase when I probably won't fully enjoy it. So I'm going to go to bed to avoid breaking down and buying it. And I'll just hope it doesn't go on sale again.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My morrowind $9.99list of shit I know way too much about.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/01/morrowind-overhaul-3-release/

Combat Enhanced Makes combat a bit more like Oblivion, mainly because this magnificent bastard was hired by Bethesda after producing this mod.

Marksmen Mod Infinite ammo weapons hidden deep in dungeons, wizard's towers, and special antagonist bases. Grab those, some capes, and chug flying potions and you're fucking Thor.

and finally, this mega list site.

edit: Sotha Sil Expanded

Morrowind Comes Alive was the shit, as was Assassin's Armory.

Don't bother gifting it to me, I already have copies of everything burned to a dvd to protect my precious disks. Yes, I do have a copy of the GOTY map, but no, Todd Howard did not set these on fire with a blowtorch. Although, if it meant getting a pc to run their next game, I would happy let him set a great of me on fire for it.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I don't like open world games, and spent all my time in the first town in Morrowind. Now I really want to buy Skyrim, though. I've been watching videos and it seems like I could have fun with it, but I can't rationalize the purchase when I probably won't fully enjoy it. So I'm going to go to bed to avoid breaking down and buying it. And I'll just hope it doesn't go on sale again.

Skyrim is a lot more accessible than Morrowind is

By that I mean you probably wont die because that rat is just too hard to hit with your sword in Skyrim

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Yep, I see a couple of things I missed now; though not as much as I would have thought.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    BigDes wrote: »

Was it Morrowind Overhaul where the modders got all pretentious about and threatened to sue to dude who packed it all together because he was stealing their art?

It wouldn't surprise me. When I got in, the overhaul was still a multi-page document of "install those ten mod then run this utility, then..." Even at that point there were still dozens of mods the overhaul team wanted to include, but the mod authors didn't want to have their work bundled.

Edit: I'd be pissed if someone stole my work and claimed it as their own, but the MO crew did seem to be very explicit about picking the best mods from the best authors. I only saw it at one point in time, but at that point full credit was being given to each modder.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I've gone through my List, I've updated it, I've reviewed it, I've tracked down your silly Steam name changes. You shall be gifted, just not sure when. Just say you've been warned.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

2014 Christmas Sale - Skyrim Everything Edition for $5. It *might* happen.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    All right, back from celebrating an early birthday at a nice local restaurant! No doubt I missed a few flash sales, but it's not the end of the world. Let's log in and see who doesn't own Recettear yet.

Huh. Not sure what this "failure to load" message is about. Hang on, I'll restart the program. Steam's never let me down!

*five minutes, three fatal errors, and one shouting-at-the-apartment-window-in-the-rain later*

STEAM

YOU BITCH

LET'S WORK IT OUT

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Thanks @staplerofpaper for Gone Home!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So I was looking over a few friends' wishlists. Of course I'm keeping an eye out for things that are on a 90% sale, but I'm also looking for games I might be interested in since most of my friends have good taste.

I come across the wishlist of @urahonky and he's got a game on there, Sword of the Starts: The Pit, that looks absolutely terrible. Being dirt cheap, the only possible course of action was to buy it for him then laugh at his poor choice. The weird bit was that I tried to send it over Steam, he wasn't marked as having it in his wishlist. So I cancel out of the transaction, check his wishlist again, and it's gone.

He messages me after getting some *slightly* less terrible dirt cheap game and I have to ask what happened to The Pit. He says he didn't buy it and neglects to say if he deleted it from his wishlist. He knows I think the game is terrible and that I think less of him as a person for having it on his wishlist, so what does he do? That wanker turns around and buys it for me!

So thank you, but you are a bastard.

I had this exact conversation with @Drake

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    All right, back from celebrating an early birthday at a nice local restaurant! No doubt I missed a few flash sales, but it's not the end of the world. Let's log in and see who doesn't own Recettear yet.

Huh. Not sure what this "failure to load" message is about. Hang on, I'll restart the program. Steam's never let me down!

*five minutes, three fatal errors, and one shouting-at-the-apartment-window-in-the-rain later*

STEAM

YOU BITCH

LET'S WORK IT OUT

You angered the Newell by prioritizing food over flash sales. Now we are all doomed by association.

Doooommed!!!!

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Group's bigger. Sending friend requests. What will I do?
    Spent over $100 already. Have 20 left. More Rocksmith tracks? More Gifts? Perhaps....

What games? Super Hexa- YES!!!

Got lots of cooking to do come morning, though. So I will probably hand them out later during the weekend.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Thanks to @KafkaAU for the gift of Space Hulk.

HulkClass_zps9f9f8b1a.jpg

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    SPACE HULK!

signature.png

SPACE HULK!!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »

STEAM

YOU BITCH

LET'S WORK IT OUT

You angered the Newell by prioritizing food over flash sales. Now we are all doomed by association.

Doooommed!!!!

It wasn't my fault! We thought there was time for a movie after dinner, and I hadn't seen the most recent Star Trek yet!
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Just as a PSA, it seems FFXIV will be 12 bucks on greenman gaming tomorrow. It's not on Steam for some weird reason, but this is kinda sorta the PC gaming thread so I thought some peeps might be interested here.

I've forgotten, do games that just *just* came out tend to go on sale during these things?

This discussion has been closed.