As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OnPeak [hotels] are live, and other hotel discussion

• Options
    umbra197umbra197 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    pogoplay wrote: »
    umbra197 wrote: »
    Since I'm driving down, parking is a huge factor and only the Westin offers free parking. All others range from $20-$44 per night, which essentially adds more to the price. :( I was looking forward to staying at the Sheraton but unfortunately that $44 per night is too much.

Whoawhoa... How confirmed is this? First time parking my car at the Westin this year, are you %100 sure?

Edit: I just took a look on Westin's website and they state that its $41/night for self parking.
    Edit 2: Onpeak lists it as $33 for self parking.

I would fight them on that then. Go to onpeak, select Westin, then go to Info > Parking tab. "Self-Parking and Valet Parking available for fee."

7mhcd217hwra.png

Edit 1: But I do see what you mean though as under Amenities it says parking is $33.61 per night.

Edit 2: All other hotels list their parking prices under the parking tab. So... I'm going to save this screen shot for is something comes up.

umbra197 on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014
    for fee, not for free. Although the discrepancy between the prices could probably be found out via a call to onpeak.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the only way you're getting free parking downtown is if you're a police car/ambulance/fire truck (or if it's Sunday and Monday because it's a holiday, but you get my point).

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    umbra197umbra197 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Geez... i feel like such an idiot. Well, thanks for pointing that out though, otherwise it would have been a nasty surprise. If I'm paying for parking, I might as welll book the Sheraton since it's only a $12 difference with parking included.

Edit: Or I could just park somewhere like IMPARK or STANDARD which would be so much cheaper.

umbra197 on
  • Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    umbra197 wrote: »
    If I'm paying for parking, I might as welll book the Sheraton since it's only a $12 difference with parking included.

I'd verify it's free if that's your sole decision point. (I've never driven in Seattle but) all the garages and hotels there seem to charge $20 - $40 / night. It makes sense, space is at a premium. It would really surprise me if they "include" parking into their room charges (charging separately discourages people that might bring a car while getting income from people that do). It might be true, but I'd double-check.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    brettpoolbrettpool Registered User regular
    Has anyone had their reservation transferred from OnPeak to the hotel yet?

PAX Prime 2015 [ ] Pass [ ] Hotel [ ] Flight [cool as a cucumber until after East] HYPE
    Attendee: Prime 12,13,14 East 13
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I would guess most reservations have been transferred by this point, I figured that's why so many hotels suddenly opened up with more rooms. They aren't going to send you an email about it.

• Options
    I would guess most reservations have been transferred by this point, I figured that's why so many hotels suddenly opened up with more rooms. They aren't going to send you an email about it.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Best bet is to contact OnPeak to find out for sure. They should be able to give you an estimated date.

• Options
    MiddyBotMiddyBot Registered User regular
    That's what I wonder myself, I'm expecting some sort of hotel confirmation number, or something, and according to OnPeak it's "Available approximately 2 weeks prior to the event for participating hotels." Just want to be sure before I cancel this other hotel I booked at that wasn't done through OnPeak. I've never booked a hotel through OnPeak, so I don't know that as soon as I reserve and have that OnPeak ID, is that it?

• Options
    it will get transferred over to the hotels, for certain, but the timeline on that is going to come from OnPeak. Once that happens, you can call the hotel in question and get a confirmation number from them.

• Options
    Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I just talked to them yesterday, they are running behind schedule and the reservations haven't been sent over yet. It's looking like that's going to happen sometime in the next week.

• Options
    In addition, they don't all go at once. Just because one hotel is transferred does not mean they all are, so once the process starts be patient and call OnPeak directly if you have questions.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    With a sad heart I have to give up my reservation at the Grand Hyatt Seattle, I have a reservation for Fri/Sat/Sun double occupancy King. Any takers before I release it to OP.

• Options
    SleepyDustSleepyDust Registered User regular
    Even after OnPeak transfers over the reservations it takes a while for the hotels to process all of it. Last year I had to wait till like 2-3 days before my check-in before The Sheraton could finally confirm that they had my reservation. Of course lots of people have their reservation processed very quickly, and different hotels have different methods so there's that. I am hopeful that The Sheraton has implemented a faster method this year to process the OnPeak reservations. But yeah, calling is good.

• Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    Random question: Are the rooms in the Crowne Plaza bigger than the rooms in the Sheraton? Just curious to how much floorage can be done. Also for people wondering if their reservations has been transferred from OnPeak to the hotels, Crowne Plaza already has.

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    killakkkillakk Registered User new member
    IF you had to pick one hotel to stay at between mofit seatle (red lion) or the Westin, which? Lost my room mate found a Budd whose going has Westin but I have mofit Seattle (red lion) . Any help

• Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    killakk wrote: »
    IF you had to pick one hotel to stay at between mofit seatle (red lion) or the Westin, which? Lost my room mate found a Budd whose going has Westin but I have mofit Seattle (red lion) . Any help

I've heard nothing but good things about the Westin from somebody who works for them. I know nothing about the Motif

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Cennedi wrote: »
    killakk wrote: »

I've heard nothing but good things about the Westin from somebody who works for them. I know nothing about the Motif

I've stayed at the Red Lion before and it was great. Very short walk to convention center (1 block between Shearton & Motif). I don't know how busy elevators & areas will be this year since some events will be held there this year.
    As far as the Westin, I'm staying there this year so ask again on the 29th :P.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    mystosaucemystosauce Toronto, Ontario CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just a question, I managed to get a spot at Crowne Plaza Seattle, will they charge the full amount before I arrive at the hotel or when I arrive?

• Options
    mystosauce wrote: »
    Just a question, I managed to get a spot at Crowne Plaza Seattle, will they charge the full amount before I arrive at the hotel or when I arrive?
    Most hotels put a temporary hold for the first night once you're past the 72 hour cancellation deadline. They then charge you the full amount upon checkout. You'd have to call them though to be certain of their exact policy.

• Options
    RandomAddictRandomAddict Registered User new member
    Hi there, I was just wondering if anybody here has reservations that they do not need for a hotel. I put together last minute plans to attend pax but I do not want to pay $550 a night for a hotel room which is what they are charging now. If anyone has a reservation let me know. I think I'm only going to Saturday and Sunday but I may stay for Monday.

• Options
    BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Hi there, I was just wondering if anybody here has reservations that they do not need for a hotel. I put together last minute plans to attend pax but I do not want to pay $550 a night for a hotel room which is what they are charging now. If anyone has a reservation let me know. I think I'm only going to Saturday and Sunday but I may stay for Monday.

Just keep checking OnPeak, the official site for Hotel reservations. Reservations get constantly dropped up to the final 72 hour cancellation policy, so if you keep checking you'll eventually get a hotel room at a decent price.

Brandobaris on
    PSN: Brandobaris
    3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
  • Options

I would recommend the hotel room share thread at this point. Even if someone released a room (idk how someone would forget such a thing), it might be sold at that high rate (it's last minute at peak capacity). I saw a 4 bedroom suite someone is trying to share and do board games in.

You could try getting a hotel further away near SEA or Tacoma and just ride the light rail or taxi if you REALLY want your own room.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Just heard from Onpeak that the last day you have to book a room is Wednesday.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    birdmadgirlbirdmadgirl Registered User new member
    edited August 2014
    Just randomly checked my hotel reservation for Hotel Max on the OnPeak website, and low and behold they put my hotel confirmation number on there. Just thought you'd like to know if any of you are staying at Max.

birdmadgirl on
  • Options
    DelboyoDelboyo Registered User new member
    Hey all

Just to let you know for people at the Westin, in my case OnPeak said my confirmation number will generate after August 20th. So that may be the case for others at the Westin.

• Options
    MiddyBotMiddyBot Registered User regular
    I've been keeping in touch with Westin about my reservation (just about general questions) and they gave me my confirmation a week ago, so there's that as well. Likely it depends on when you reserved the room, I had mine reserved back on Aug 5.

It's a little late to say but I also released a two-queen room at the Baroness Hotel, but likely you'll have to call them directly to see if there's a room available.

• Options
    Crowne Plaza has your reservation as of two weeks ago, so if you call them in and give them your OnPeak confirmation number, they already know haha.

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
  • Options
    AlmarAlmar Registered User regular

Quite a few openings on OnPeak for Saturday right now, better jump on that.

• Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Quite a few openings went up :open_mouth: Managed to get a 2 bed room at the Sheraton for the full weekend. Still a lot up for the other hotels if anyone is looking.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    MitsutsuMitsutsu Registered User new member
    Ugh I'm a bit surprised that the Hilton doesn't have complimentary internet....not even in the lobby? :\ That's disappointing. Wish I gone with Mofit (Red Lion) for a dollar more per night with internet :<

• Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    Got an email today with my confirmation number for the Roosevelt, doesn't work on the reservation modification page though.

• Options
    LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    sacratoy wrote: »
    Quite a few openings went up :open_mouth: Managed to get a 2 bed room at the Sheraton for the full weekend. Still a lot up for the other hotels if anyone is looking.

Hey me too ! :)

PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • Options
    kabutodudekabutodude Registered User regular
    I just picked up a room at the Homewood that opened up today. Is there anyway to check whether it's actually a suite? I read about some bad experiences last year where people booked rooms at the Homewood expecting suites and got small single area rooms instead.

• Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Just received a follow up confirmation from my previous reservation. Looks like confirmation numbers for the Westin are going out. The booking deadline for OnPeak may be drawing near, but I may be reading into this too much.

fc5421ff1a797481b30e34aa78a32bdf.png

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014

Holy shit, today was definitely the opportune time to grab a spot at the Sheraton. There's still Saturday and Sunday double beds too. Crazy.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »

Holy shit, today was definitely the opportune time to grab a spot at the Sheraton. There's still Saturday and Sunday double beds too. Crazy.

I would have acted on it myself if they had another friday room. I only saw one when I checked and I need two :/

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    pogoplay wrote: »
    Lazorz wrote: »

I would have acted on it myself if they had another friday room. I only saw one when I checked and I need two :/

I need Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for the Sheraton. I am F5-ing like mad for someone to bail out of those.

• Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    Soo... Should I change my room to quad occupancy if we expect more people to join us? Or is this something that will be overlooked...

• Options
    Soo... Should I change my room to quad occupancy if we expect more people to join us? Or is this something that will be overlooked...

To be safe you should assuming the room was a two bed to begin with.