Options

The Song of [chat]

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I'm doing my taxes and this is the first year of owning my house. So many things, so many questions.

I hope I get a decent amount back so I can buy a fence for the dog.

accountingdog.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Ugh, i am so bad at video game.

what good am i.

*jumps off cliff*

*reappears at top of cliff with slightly less HP*

Life is suffering.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    psyduck2.png

It's the "We support anti-discrimination laws affecting LGBT unless they're based on religious grounds, in which case we totally support them."

I mean, why even draw attention to this? Who does this help?
    "Ultimately, most of society recognized that such treatment was simply wrong, and that such basic human rights as securing a job or a place to live should not depend on a person's sexual orientation," said Neill Marriott, a member of the church's Public Affairs Committee.

Mormon leaders still want to be able to hire and fire workers based not only on religious beliefs, but also on behavior standards known as honor codes. Gays and lesbians would have to agree to remain celibate or marry someone of the opposite sex. The church also wants legal protections for religious objectors who work in government and health care, such as a physician who refuses to perform artificial insemination for a lesbian couple.

...I cannot sense of this make.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

But you don't get 9th level spells forever with a full party.

this is why you murder your party

or just dont go 6 dudes

i never go 6 dudes even if i have a party just because 3 or 4 is mroe sexual

But the banter!

but the STRONK XP and REDUCED MICRO MONOGEMONT

But the micromanagement is the reason to be alive. Might as well just lay in a ditch until you die if you aren't controlling the actions of all 6 people at all times.

Playing DA:O

Turned off combat tactics entirely

I never played with round auto-pause in BG, and yet ironically I'm doing a rednecked version of it here

No regrets

i liked tactics because i literally just played one character and ignored the others v noice

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    what would water sloshing about do to the transmission

Yeah mostly suspension I guess.

Even when not in motion that's gotta be putting just an absolute assload on that rear set.
    It's cool that dude looks like a NASCAR enthusiast, and probably fucks up his suspension on a daily basis.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i like that wh40k lore rewrote the tau to be more sinister

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i do no refund

or, what i get is marginal

anyway, life updates:

my friend and i are pretty much trucking through divinity, just solved the big quest in cyseal, approaching level 7

started reading Aurélia and it is p great

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Is witcher 2 combat good? I really wanted to like 1, but the combat was the worst.
    It is good, but I don't know whether you will like it or not.

It is a much deeper combat system than 1, but it also can take a bit to learn, and it's an action game.
    Elldren wrote: »
    wat

you must have a wildly different definition of heroic
    Everybody ever portrayed as good is doing it out of either dogmatic reverence for their chosen god; they're usually extremely xenophobic to any difference in viewpoint (and their dogmas encourage this).

And the Tau are communist fuckers with their horrible caste system before anybody tries to defend them as the "one good force in the universe."

I mean you could claim anti-hero, but there are very few of the normal redeeming features of anti-heroes to them.

heroic isn't good

it's heroic

eg. Achilles is definitionally a hero

he generally mopes about and murders the fuck out of people

There's a hell of a lot of characters like Achilles in the 40k universe

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Guys, I have a friend in NY who's fleeing her home due to abuse by her dad. She's at a shelter now. Is there somewhere I can look online for New York resources for this kind of situation?

in NYC?

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/new_york/homeless/womenshelters

Calling 311 is probably her quickest option to find something.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i do no refund

anyway, life updates:

my friend and i are pretty much trucking through divinity, just solved the big quest in cyseal, approaching level 7

wat is

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Huh. Shadowrun has rules for essence holes so you can upgrade chrome to prevent that kind of silliness.

I once played a physical adept that spent one essence point on a pimped out cybernetic hand.

I had a lighter in my thumb.

@Echo‌

I played a street samurai who had fractional essence left at one point. But no visible chrome. Just a lot of super scary gun play.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I do enjoy seeing my job be so monumentally petty that the tax filer laughed at my W-2.

Just to elaborate, the bulk of my income is the GI Bill (full time student) and a slightly smaller but still significant chunk is VA disability.

I work on weekends because, despite having the income to be able to not, I was going absolutely apeshit without some sort of release or escape.

I throw 50% of my paycheck in my "401K" because they match at a certain rate and I'm buying something nice when I graduate and leave this job.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    i do no refund

Yeah...doing your W-4 right really isn't that hard.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    its good tho. i played on the dark difficulty which made the game quite hard because i didn't jump through the hoops to get the broken dark gear but still enjoyed the game
    The Dark gear made it much easier, although it wasn't that much better over the best gear you could get normally.

Kayran was probably the hardest boss for me (running up that rock kept getting me insta-killed), but other than that the only fight I remember being particular hard were the wraiths in the abandoned hospital. I think on Dark, even the proper oil didn't have that much effect, so you had to abuse traps and kiting to kill them, and dodge really well.

Other than that, it felt pretty good difficulty-wise to me. A challenge at times, but not unreasonable (and no bullshit game design moments, hi Dark Souls).

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

or just dont go 6 dudes

But the banter!

But the micromanagement is the reason to be alive. Might as well just lay in a ditch until you die if you aren't controlling the actions of all 6 people at all times.

I never played with round auto-pause in BG, and yet ironically I'm doing a rednecked version of it here

No regrets

i liked tactics because i literally just played one character and ignored the others v noice

Impossible, no way you beat half the fights in the game like that?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Marriage used to screw you because the standard deduction was smaller as a couple than it was as two single people.

I think it's sensible for us to have it be equal. I'm not sure how you call that a "benefit".

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i do no refund

anyway, life updates:

wat is

http://www.amazon.com/Aurelia-Other-Writings-Gerard-Nerval/dp/187897209X

basically a proto surrealist who went insane and catalogued his dreams/descent into madness as a novella

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I loved their ending in the Dawn of War game. It was like, yeah they brought sweet communist peace. But also judged humanity to be too dangerous and instituted systematic programs that eventually lead to humanity dwindling into nothing.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Is witcher 2 combat good? I really wanted to like 1, but the combat was the worst.
    It is good, but I don't know whether you will like it or not.

It is a much deeper combat system than 1, but it also can take a bit to learn, and it's an action game.
    wat

you must have a wildly different definition of heroic
    Everybody ever portrayed as good is doing it out of either dogmatic reverence for their chosen god; they're usually extremely xenophobic to any difference in viewpoint (and their dogmas encourage this).

And the Tau are communist fuckers with their horrible caste system before anybody tries to defend them as the "one good force in the universe."

I mean you could claim anti-hero, but there are very few of the normal redeeming features of anti-heroes to them.

heroic isn't good

it's heroic

eg. Achilles is definitionally a hero

he generally mopes about and murders the fuck out of people

There's a hell of a lot of characters like Achilles in the 40k universe

51f05ba390aef8e0be6c40e0ce8d30e2.jpg

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    The party so far!
    • Despair Wizard [X]
    • Drum Alchemist [X]
    • Element Thief [_]
    • Anchor Warrior [_]
    • Goat Ranger [X]

tiealpzf2g3j.png

I'm gonna need a name for that merry band of misfits.
    Could you put this on a darker background there isn't much contrast on the flesh tones for me.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options

"obliviousness to the warp really is a necessary survival trait, except that if you're oblivious to the warp you get out-eaten by tyranids" was already sinister enough, I think going OOGA BOOGA ETHEREALS ARE PUPPETS OF CHAOS AND/OR THE OLD GODS was unnecessary

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

what good am i.

*jumps off cliff*

Life is suffering.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/videogame-character-wondering-why-heartless-god-al,274/

• Options
    edited January 2015
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

or just dont go 6 dudes

But the banter!

No regrets

Impossible, no way you beat half the fights in the game like that?

dao on nightmare is absolutely trivial if you abuse the right things

on my warrior i just had an auraslave mouge with haste and stacked all the ele damage auras, used the warden dlc attack speed upgrade thingy with 2-handers and literally autoattacked things to death in seconds. using special moves lowered my dps because game design

on my mouge its uhh

any enemy with mana gets 1-shot by mana clash
    any large single enemy gets 1-shot by entropic death
    any group gets 1-shot by storm of the century or just infinitely cced by dumb aoe cc spam (hi blood magic)

the only need to control other characters is when you want to kill the dragons in 3 seconds you need to get them to cast death hex for entropic death triple hit

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

what good am i.

*jumps off cliff*

Life is suffering.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/videogame-character-wondering-why-heartless-god-al,274/

i can't go on, i'll go on

• Options
    Maybe...ok. We are equating
    • Discrimination
    • Expression of religious belief

Because they are the same thing. But maybe, to the Mormons, "discrimination" is when one denies folks X as a result of being a dick. "Expressions of religious belief" is when one denies folks X as a result of belief.

They're playing motivation semantics, maybe.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    its good tho. i played on the dark difficulty which made the game quite hard because i didn't jump through the hoops to get the broken dark gear but still enjoyed the game
    The Dark gear made it much easier, although it wasn't that much better over the best gear you could get normally.

Kayran was probably the hardest boss for me (running up that rock kept getting me insta-killed), but other than that the only fight I remember being particular hard were the wraiths in the abandoned hospital. I think on Dark, even the proper oil didn't have that much effect, so you had to abuse traps and kiting to kill them, and dodge really well.

Other than that, it felt pretty good difficulty-wise to me. A challenge at times, but not unreasonable (and no bullshit game design moments, hi Dark Souls).
    i remember the dragon fight being really long and tedious with lots of dodge rolling into rolling stab rinse and repeat
    i also probably didn't use oils or potions to the degree i should have because yolo

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Guys, I have a friend in NY who's fleeing her home due to abuse by her dad. She's at a shelter now. Is there somewhere I can look online for New York resources for this kind of situation?

Quoting for visibility, I'm knee deep in Google right now.

• Options
    i do no refund

anyway, life updates:

wat is

basically a proto surrealist who went insane and catalogued his dreams/descent into madness as a novella

ohh, nerval

kewl

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    psyduck2.png

It's the "We support anti-discrimination laws affecting LGBT unless they're based on religious grounds, in which case we totally support them."

"Ultimately, most of society recognized that such treatment was simply wrong, and that such basic human rights as securing a job or a place to live should not depend on a person's sexual orientation," said Neill Marriott, a member of the church's Public Affairs Committee.

Mormon leaders still want to be able to hire and fire workers based not only on religious beliefs, but also on behavior standards known as honor codes. Gays and lesbians would have to agree to remain celibate or marry someone of the opposite sex. The church also wants legal protections for religious objectors who work in government and health care, such as a physician who refuses to perform artificial insemination for a lesbian couple.

If you just replace all the instances of LGBT folks with "black people," you'll have the official stance of the Mormon Church, pre-1978.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I'm getting back close to $500 this year in taxes while my wife is getting back close to $1700. We decided to have her claim our first time home buyer's tax credit since it got her more back than it does me. Still, it will be nice as that will pay our property taxes for the year and leave us with about $1300 left to throw on bills, etc.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    • Discrimination

Because they are the same thing. But maybe, to the Mormons, "discrimination" is when one denies folks X as a result of being a dick. "Expressions of religious belief" is when one denies folks X as a result of belief.

yup. religious/nonreligious hospitals, etc.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Posted some info a little bit up the page

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    • Discrimination

Not maybe, definitely. They're abusing their religion legally to fuck over people with disabilities and LGBT in their employ.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Cass, NY is a big area. Can you narrow it down a bit? NYC? Upstate?

• Options
    psyduck2.png

If you just replace all the instances of LGBT folks with "black people," you'll have the official stance of the Mormon Church, pre-1978.

Right. But God changed his mind in 1978.

• Options

what good am i.

*jumps off cliff*

Life is suffering.

i can't go on, i'll go on

thats in the game design document as a troll game over screen option

i was liek i cant not

you can have "you must go on" as the thing it says above the 2 options

wokrs on every level

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    i do no refund

anyway, life updates:

wat is

ohh, nerval

kewl

are you familiar? french lit circa ~1850-1920 is my jam and i'm finding more and more to like in the romantic writers

germany had some cool stuff going too, like george trakl

i've never seen a poet with so much color in their work

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    i do no refund

anyway, life updates:

wat is

this is totally where my mage character gets her name

@thomamelas @jacobkosh @mranthropy @desc

and always has

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Turbotax small business, I will gives you my money, now gives me audit detector.

• Options
    i do no refund

anyway, life updates:

wat is

ohh, nerval

kewl

are you familiar? french lit circa ~1850-1920 is my jam and i'm finding more and more to like in the romantic writers

germany had some cool stuff going too, like george trakl

i've never seen a poet with so much color in their work

heard the name and seen references, never read anything by him

at the moment i is reading stuff about religionsgeschichtliche schule scholars and how they trolled the 20th century view of early christianity is fun

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.