Options

[Amiibo] Chasing the Plastic Unicorn

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Well, it's cheaper than a New3DS.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Besides that FE game and the new 3ds Xenoblade, what uses Amiibo on 3ds?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Besides that FE game and the new 3ds Xenoblade, what uses Amiibo on 3ds?
    • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
    • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus
    • One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X
    • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
    • Girls Mode 3: Kira Kira Code
    • Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
    • Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash
    • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
    • Hyrule Warriors Legends

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    So, nothing much. ;)

Besides already owning Smash and MAYBE getting Happy Home Designer, no reason for me to get the Amiibo reader.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    So, nothing much. ;)

Besides already owning Smash and MAYBE getting Happy Home Designer, no reason for me to get the Amiibo reader.

Honestly not really, though something good could always come along in the future.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    so if anyone didnt see. Gamestop will have a restock on Ness and Dedede in stores on Thursday.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    If I want a Yarn Yoshi amiibo at some eventual point, is there anything special that I'm going to have to do?

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    If I want a Yarn Yoshi amiibo at some eventual point, is there anything special that I'm going to have to do?

Ritual Sacrifice.

In reality, who knows. They're almost assuredly going to be rare unless Nintendo correctly anticipates that they will be a higher demand because of their aesthetic and produces more of them.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Ritual Sacrifice.

I'm pretty sure that involves throwing a virgin into a volcano. The virgin being a mint in the box Wii Fit Trainer.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Ritual Sacrifice.

I'm pretty sure that involves throwing a virgin into a volcano. The virgin being a mint in the box Wii Fit Trainer.

I thought the virgin owned the mint in box Wii Fit Trainer.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular

order one from japan/europe now, basically.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »

They're obviously going to make more for the U.S. launch, and a bunch of those are going in boxes with the game. I'm going to be getting the game physically anyway, so if I can grab one of those boxes I'm fine.

The question is, will I need to do anything special to get one of those boxes, or will enough of them end up sitting on shelves? Can I just walk into Toys R Us in the next week or so, tell them I want the box, and whenever the game comes out just show up and they'll have the box for me?

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular

They're obviously going to make more for the U.S. launch

The entire history of amiibo indicates that no, they are not going to make more. They did a single production run that runs out when it runs out, and if we're lucky they "make more" nine months down the road.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

They're obviously going to make more for the U.S. launch

The entire history of amiibo indicates that no, they are not going to make more. They did a single production run that runs out when it runs out, and if we're lucky they "make more" nine months down the road.

So basically preorder if you don't want to import.
    Im just waiting for the Mario Marker/Yoshi Wooly World amiibo bundle to go up. :/

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So, I really want to get enough Mr. Game & Watch amiibos so I can have all four poses.

This is a sickness, I tell you! :(
    Do you really need each pose on an amiibo base? Why not just create a custom display for him so you can make it look like he's moving through his poses.

You don't even need to be creative. You could probably wait 24 hours and copy someone's design.

Honestly, I'll probably do something like this. My wife is very patient with my hobby, but I think buying four of the same figure would be a really hard thing to explain when that money could go to something much more important. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So, I really want to get enough Mr. Game & Watch amiibos so I can have all four poses.

Do you really need each pose on an amiibo base? Why not just create a custom display for him so you can make it look like he's moving through his poses.

You don't even need to be creative. You could probably wait 24 hours and copy someone's design.

Honestly, I'll probably do something like this. My wife is very patient with my hobby, but I think buying four of the same figure would be a really hard thing to explain when that money could go to something much more important. :P

Like buying four different figures?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Like buying four different figures?

Exactly! :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Holy shit! I went to Gamestop to see how many Dedede they'd get in -- my store has him and Ness NOW. Post in this thread in the next five minutes if you want me to get you one!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Now! Ill pay but will hold for forumers

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Now! Ill pay but will hold for forumers

Which one?

• Options
      edited July 2015
      They were only selling one each to customers. So all I have to offer now is a Ness (going to keep Dedede). Sorry. :(

cloudeagle on
    • Options
      Oh I don't need one, I figured I would respond for anyone who needs it. So if someone needs it, it is all theirs, otherwise just let me know the bill!

• Options
        edited July 2015
        TimFiji wrote: »
        Oh I don't need one, I figured I would respond for anyone who needs it. So if someone needs it, it is all theirs, otherwise just let me know the bill!

If no one wants him, I'll keep him -- there are worse fates. Thanks though!

But if anyone likes me Ness more than I do, speak up!

cloudeagle on
      • Options
        Sounds good! PM me if ya change your mind!

• Options
          SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
          looks like at least 1 local gamestop broke street on those, since some guy has them listed on craigslist for $35 each
          he's also asking $25 for silver mario, which is insane since every store still has a pile of them

• Options
          maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
          Do want a Ness!

FU7kFbw.png
          Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
        • Options
          skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
          Nintendo Console Codes
          Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
        • Options
          ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
          So found imports of Rosalina and Lucario on Amazon with Prime shipping for $20-25 each. Went ahead and bought them.

Chances of me actually getting a US version of them at this point from Toys R Us or Target are nonexistant, so I figure thats about as cheap as Ill see.

As soon as I grab a Dedede in the morning I'll finally have the full Smash lineup.

• Options
          skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
          So found imports of Rosalina and Lucario on Amazon with Prime shipping for $20-25 each. Went ahead and bought them.

Chances of me actually getting a US version of them at this point from Toys R Us or Target are nonexistant, so I figure thats about as cheap as Ill see.

As soon as I grab a Dedede in the morning I'll finally have the full Smash lineup.

Until the next one comes out.

Nintendo Console Codes
          Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
        • Options
          BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
          edited July 2015
          If you guys find an extra Dedede, I wouldn't mind buying it from you. I'm missing four at this point. Shulk, Robin, Lucina, and Dedede.

Bartholamue on
          Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
        • Options
          Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
          Oh snap, check what I just found at a random-ass toy store:

DSCN0125_zpsrkkhyxbf.jpg

Going for standard retail price too, unusual to see any amiibo without a mark-up in my experience. This is the only amiibo that I really wanted, so I am pretty pleased.
          I have seen more about than usual mind you (in the UK), even the normally empty GAME stores have a few shelves of them, including some of the rarer ones. Still haven't seen a wild Lucina though!

• Options
          Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
          Does the Nintendo store in NYC stock Amiibos fairly consistently or is it only when they send out the emails that they are going to have them? My wife is travelling there at the end of the month and I was hoping to send her with a list.

• Options
          Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
          You in the UK Halos? Smyths near me has had nearly all the rare miibos back in stock the last couple weeks. Except Rosalina, natch. ;P

Oh brilliant
        • Options
          Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
          I am indeed, I'd never even heard of Smyths before, though I suppose I don't exactly keep on eye on toy stores nowadays, but they seem pretty good, kinda like a cheap Toys R Us.

• Options
          wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
          just snagged the last inkling female from bestbuy.ca

Shame I'll never see the squid in real life :(

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
        • Options
          MZ snagged the Ness.

• Options
          RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
          skeldare wrote: »
          I doubt that's going to be the final size. It's way bigger than any of the other SSB line amiibos.

• Options
          ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
          Does the Nintendo store in NYC stock Amiibos fairly consistently or is it only when they send out the emails that they are going to have them? My wife is travelling there at the end of the month and I was hoping to send her with a list.

I was there Monday. They had only commons: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, King Koopa, Link, Zelda, and Pikachu. They have a ton of each of them though.

They also have a very nice Figma Link Figure for $50 and a giant Ganon one for $100

• Options
          Oh, while I'm swapping Amiibos -- Gamestop had a sale on used Amiibos last weekend that literally made it seven dollars cheaper to buy three used than two. Long story short, if anyone wants a loose, used Smash line Bowser in great shape, it's yours.

• Options
          Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
          cloudeagle wrote: »
          Oh, while I'm swapping Amiibos -- Gamestop had a sale on used Amiibos last weekend that literally made it seven dollars cheaper to buy three used than two. Long story short, if anyone wants a loose, used Smash line Bowser in great shape, it's yours.

I got Mario Party Yoshi the same way (and more Infinity stuff than I care to admit to you or my wife!) If no-one else takes it I'd love Bowser, be more than willing to paypal you a bit for it or shipping.

This discussion has been closed.