Options

The sorting [chat]

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The first time he did it I was so hung over I was dying squirtle. It was during spring break! I was entitled!

I only picked up the phone b/c he was also the department chair and I was petrified that it was something urgent

then, instead, he wanted to talk about the technical nuances of the discussion on page 15--you have it with you right? so on page 15...--while I tried to ignore the room spinning and keep half a stomach full of bile down

ADVISOR PLS

MrMister on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    There we go
    That 4 shot iced americano coaxed a decent doo

I feel lighter already

Still feel gross tho alcohol is gross and overeating is gross

Ugh I was gonna catch up on work this weekend and didn't whyyyyy
    Why is it Monday

I spent some time studying python this weekend because I need it for incoming new job, but otherwise I wasted most of my weekend and made today for my current work much harder as a result.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm urgh so behind

poo
  • Options
    My everything is also sore gad damn

Alcohol prolly make that worse, cuz worse recovery

Oops

poo
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

Oops

everything is ruined

you're over

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

Oops

everything is ruined

you're over

Can I have a do over
    Rollllll the clock back to 1987

poo
  • Options

Oops

everything is ruined

you're over

Can I have a do over
    Rollllll the clock back to 1987

dude we stopped having that fantasy pages ago, keep up

(I never stop having that fantasy)

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I also should of done work this weekend but instead played sr: Hong Kong all weekend when I was not out socializing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    oh

@bowen

shoot me a PM later. gotta question

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Guys Wrestling was baaaad

But man Stephen Amell fucking BROUGHT it dude kids real ass

• Options
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Trying to setup this game with the ugliest setup screen in the world.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    t-minus 1.5 hours until job market seminar starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIS3KjinPc

• Options
    Oh man those MGS5 scores

YES

• Options
    Suck that Giant Bombs score wont be up till after the game launches but I respect them for not going to the review event cause those are dumb

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    if this missed call was from a recruiter, i wonder why they didn't just send me an email after it rang out

it's like 5 hours later and nothing

i would call back, but private number :/

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @SummaryJudgment I do enjoy efficiency!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Quite probably an automated call from a PPI or car accident thingy. I get them all the damn time.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Wow that game is getting a lot of positive scores.

And it also seems like the majority of the "anime" aspect of the series is absent from this. No 30 minutes of insane "mayor mccheese patriot nanomachine dominant gene clones" drivel in the middle of the title - the focus is on stealth and tactics in order to achieve objectives in a very open-world environment.

Huh.

I might get this one.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Quite probably an automated call from a PPI or car accident thingy. I get them all the damn time.

i've literally never gotten spam calls before on this phone

i've been added to one spam whatsapp group since i started uploading my cv online two months ago, and that was that

• Options
    One of the things that was unfortunate about the SNES RPG Arcana was that although it had a totally bitching soundtrack, each area's track would re-set after random encounters--which were frequent enough that it meant you just listened to the first 15-30 seconds over and over.

Here's the music from the very first dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHkMIBqJr0

that tension! shit man, they were giving you 1,000% on the first level

Now You Know!

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    @syndalis congrats on new python job duder!

sig.gif
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Ugh. I have to interview two 2ls today. I don't think I have it in me to fake interest in what they have to say.

Since when were you thrown into interviewing?

Always :( Managed to avoid until now. 3 interviews over the next two days. Ugh.

• Options
    @syndalis congrats on new python job duder!

Thanks!

It's not purely a python job and I am not 100% certain I will be doing much python in there at all, but it is one of the weak points in my CV related to what they do inside the office, so it is probably important I understand it, considering the salary I am being offered and what they expect of me.

Python, Javascript/AJAX and Force.com seem to be the primary vehicles in there right now.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

"Occupation Heiress, power boat racer"

Nice

@y2jake215

• Options
    At some point I should actually think of where I want to go with my career and do things for that

I've been saying that for a long time

*shrug*

poo
  • Options
    So many people I know are on paths towards things... but then an equal number are not

poo
  • Options
    I'm on a path towards getting swole tho

poo
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The first time he did it I was so hung over I was dying squirtle. It was during spring break! I was entitled!

I only picked up the phone b/c he was also the department chair and I was petrified that it was something urgent

then, instead, he wanted to talk about the technical nuances of the discussion on page 15--you have it with you right? so on page 15...--while I tried to ignore the room spinning and keep half a stomach full of bile down

ADVISOR PLS

ahahahahahah

so, what were the insights of hungover!mrmr

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    My god.

Dragonfall is so good.

I really liked Dead Man's Switch even if it was a little chintzy. But Dragonfall is so much better.

Couple of quick questions: @Elki @Jacobkosh
    1. Monika sounds so familiar. Is she the (offscreen) girl whose ID you can clone/make in the Universal Brotherhood section? If this is a major spoiler, I guess don't answer, but her name sounds so familiar, even if it is spelled differently.

2. Are there a lot of ties to DMS? Like Aljernon is in Berlin in Dragonfall but I don't know if he's supposed to be a major player in the Shadowrun canon or not. I only recognized Harlequin in DMS because I happened to be reading about tabletop Shadowrun on TVTropes recently.

Also the whole beginning section feels like an apology to would-be deckers in DMS.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Dafuq is a muggle?

Sounds like a being robbed in a very affectionate manner.

Only if you equip the muggle materia.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    @y2jake215 just come to RL grime summerstage show

poo
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

I think I will be in LA by then and I have to return the next week anyway so it would be tuff n ruff

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

chance the rapper oct 23

barring that, whenever

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    If I could turn back time--if I could find a way

I'd take back those words that hurt you, and you'd stay...

if I could reach the stars!

I'd give them all to you!

If I had a million dollars

(if I had a million dollars!)

Well, I'd buy you a fur coat

(But not a real fur coat, that's cruel)
    if i had a million dollars
    (if i had a million dollars!)

well, i'd buy you a green dress
    (but not a real green dress, that's cruel)

• Options
    ronya wrote: »

ADVISOR PLS

ahahahahahah

so, what were the insights of hungover!mrmr

it was so bad you don't even know

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    0851 and I'm already ready to leave for the weekend.

Set phasers to wide beam, level ten.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2015
    on one hand I'm glad that I've had laser focus on python and codeacademy the past week, on the other hand I'm worried that I've had laser focus because that can be a sign of hypomania. Thoughts aren't racing/disjointed, able to do other stuff but I am feeling particularly clever. Tapering off this med requires a fair amount of caution. Suppose I'll have to keep my meta-subroutines running. "I'm happy, do I have a reason to be happy?" "Had trouble sleeping, how many nights in a row?" etc.

well, at least I'm picking up a useful skill regardless.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    y2jake215 just come to RL grime summerstage show

chance the rapper oct 23

barring that, whenever

ooo
    Oh wait I'm in LA then

poo
  • Options
    Oh yeah,

It was 20 years ago when Microsoft paid the Rolling Stones, a band nearing their retirement, a shitload of money so that they could use "Start me Up" as their ad campaign. The fact that the start button and the rolling stones are still both limping along and refusing to let go to this day seems kind of poetic.

Happy 20th Birthday, Windows 95!

SW-4158-3990-6116
This discussion has been closed.