Options

Is this [chat] conference over yet? Yes, yes it is

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I've never really liked the authentic/non authentic thing.

Food gets altered by the environment it's made in. Food evolves. That doesn't make it inauthentic.

No, but it can make it gross.

Or worse, boring.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    What I want to know is why sushi places all do half price sushi constantly

Was some ancient sushi master a fan of very simple division?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Oh my god

Girl's dad just stopped by, he stopped to pick up her prescriptions and was dropping them off

He was explaining when and how she should take them, and I nodded enthusiastically to express my understanding

Then I said "Don't worry, I'll make sure it gets in her."

And then my brain started screaming and it hasn't stopped.

Tell me his eyes narrowed slightly and he held eye contact for just a few seconds longer than comfortable during the farewell handshake.

Oh crap should I be shaking his hand

"I feel it is only proper etiquette to inform you that parts of this hand you are about to shake have been inside your daughter"

anytime you shake someones hand

know that it has most likely has held a penis

@Shazkar Shadowstorm I just shook Howard Dean's hand and this is all I could think about. F u dude you ruined me.

Heheheheheh @Solomaxwell6

poo
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    There was a conveyor belt sushi place in my country town back in Japan

The best item on their menu - hands down - was the hamburger sushi

It was nigiri with a mini hamburger patty on top, heated up, seared with a blowtorch, and sauce/mayo on top

oishii da yo...*

*translator's note: oishii da yo means plan

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I don't eat sushi because they never cook the sashimi how I like it - well done

this guy

I also have a bit about gazpacho, steak tartare, and oysters natural

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    dis poor doge just failed to scratch his ear because his arthritis in his hips is too bad

liebot etc

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    They want to make a prequel to Valkyrie Profile.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ

Shesellssheshells doing a perfect (and incredibly detailed) rundown of why Cinema Sins is garbage

@Jacobkosh I think we've talked about Cinema Sins before???

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    There was a conveyor belt sushi place in my country town back in Japan

The best item on their menu - hands down - was the hamburger sushi

It was nigiri with a mini hamburger patty on top, heated up, seared with a blowtorch, and sauce/mayo on top

oishii da yo...*

*translator's note: oishii da yo means plan

How authentic

Just like they make them in America.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I need an excuse to eat some more oysters.

They ain't exactly cheap but so tasty.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Call me a philistine, but:
    a. I think eating raw meat is questionable healthwise. You can do it right, but why take the risk of having to get parasitic lesions surgically removed?
    b. I'm not some barbarian in a jungle, so I don't eat raw meat. Cooking, clothing, etc. are non-negotiables, because this isn't 10000 BCE.

• Options
    Sushi grade fish is deep frozen to kill parasites.

No more risk of food illness than heading to the local chipotle.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options

a. I think eating raw meat is questionable healthwise. You can do it right, but why take the risk of having to get parasitic lesions surgically removed?
    b. I'm not some barbarian in a jungle, so I don't eat raw meat. Cooking, clothing, etc. are non-negotiables, because this isn't 10000 BCE.
    Steak tartare is really delicious

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I got my lady friend the Mass Effect trilogy as a present.
    It's fun watching someone who has never heard of the game, never heard of the kerfuffle about the ending of ME3 and all that, and not spent years hyping the game up beyond all reason playing it.

So far she thinks it's great and she hates Ashley. It's a promising start.

sig.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

It's a marketing gimmick.

Like have you ever seen a pair of jeans marked 1/2 off but they're still $40? They never actually sell them at $80, they just tell people it's half price so they think they're getting a deal.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

I dislike the texture.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Y'ever just stand naked on a beach though

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

Yeah.

There's a lot of beaches around here.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Oh man I could go for some steak tartare right about now

• Options

No I haven't!

/adds to list

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Like have you ever seen a pair of jeans marked 1/2 off but they're still $40? They never actually sell them at $80, they just tell people it's half price so they think they're getting a deal.
    That is super illegal in Straya

• Options
    I just got 15 separate emails saying that the books I requested are now in the library

#PhDlife

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

I dislike the texture.

I have had good and textured steak tartare

I think the more finely ground stuff has a better mouthfeel

• Options
    Oh wow okay this new Skyfucker design is going to need some tweaking

That stretched second stage that I thought was so genius

Pogo tho

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

If you don't want to eat something, don't.

It's okay.

• Options
    It's like the rocket is hitting itself with a sledgehammer made of itself!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

That is super illegal in Straya

Americans do tons of things constantly that are illegal in America.

• Options
    Alazull wrote: »

It's okay.

But go stand on a beach naked gosh darn it

• Options
    Also, kitchen finished except for perishable fridge stuff.

Time for those beers!

*chugs*

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    *shovels oysters into mouf*

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So the Expanse thread just made me think of the conversation I was having with my friends during happy hour about the GiTS movie.

We all now think that ScarJo probably not the best choice. Of course we all also have agree that movie will skip the best parts of GiTS discussing what makes a person a person, individuality, self identity, memory and so on.

But like if you have read the Expanse you don't know this character. But just know in the books she is a 6 ft+ tall gorgeous Samoan woman who is also a marine.

This is who they casted.

Yq2Cg5l.jpg

She is a 6ft tall Samoan woman from New Zealand who is an amateur boxer.

That is good casting. And also casting a minority as a minority.

I am getting annoyed at the GiTS thing for more than just casting a white person for the Major but also for the fact we know it was done because Hollywood is risk adverse and putting a minority in front of a movie like this is too big a risk.

Also because I think Rinko Kukuchi probably would of been good as the Major.

Rinko+Kikuchi+Pacific+Rim+Premieres+London+Z2dwVTqFhhZx.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Alazull wrote: »

It's okay.

But go stand on a beach naked gosh darn it

Well I would like for everyone to try everything.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    ronya wrote: »

Oh yeah, I posted these pretty late last night.

bo07g8mk2xs6.jpg

Smoked oysters.

Alazull on
  • Options
    Omg, this fuckin guy

• Options
    Delicious, delicious snotrocks

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

385358_1267011007513_full.jpg

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i am allowed to be lazy and not workout tonight

also @spool32 and @Sir Landshark and @skippydumptruck and all you other dads

12963544_10156731535605524_9145277613532368702_n.jpg?oh=d38800a6e02364e13c999c793ce2cc49&oe=57734402

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Smoking oysters is totally illegal in Australia.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Do I want to stay hollow what are the benefits Oh god I need an adult

dfzn9elrnajf.png
This discussion has been closed.