Options

[chat]ing from home

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Farage managed to get in on the action today by calling Malmo the 'rape capital of Europe'.

He's a pretty terrible human being.

I keep this image handy.

lls0k3ozo8j6.jpg

I'm curious about the 22% decrease in convictions. Is there a causal explanation for this, or is it just "bitches be lyin'!!" in tandem with the broader definition of rape bringing more women accusers forward

does conviction rate mean percent of the accused convicted or percent of the charges ending in conviction?

because i could imagine if in the past it was one count of rape (and would be found guilty), but now is 30 separate counts, then 30 counts of rape could become - 25 guilty, 5 not guilty, or whatever

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I made country ham and peppered bacon and scratch pancakes and biscuits and cheese eggs with peppers and tomatoes

Thanks, now I have to wait for this food chubby to go down before I can go in public.

I bought real maple syrup too and I had some irish cream honey butter.

And with that, it can now cut steel.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Great I think the USPS lost some amazon packages.

Garbage service.

I shipped an Echo Dot on 12/12. It never arrived, and the buyer got a refund. I was refunded by USPS like $55 or whatever the base insurance rate was.

Around the end of January, I received a ragged piece of cardboard with the original shipping label, taped to a piece of paper saying "whoops, we lost ur pack m8"

No idea what ever became of the contents.

someone stole it because they knew exactly what was in it by the shape of the box

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I did try googling PSN PS4 best games but most of the hits were one game per page click-through articles and ain't nobody got time to click 'next' 24 times in a row just to see a ruddy list.

PSN games I liked

Apotheon
    Strider
    The Swapper
    Counterspy
    OlliOlli
    OlliOlli 2
    Axiom Verge
    Shovel Knight
    The Fall
    Nuclear Throne
    Enter the Gungeon
    Invisible Inc
    Hyper Light Drifter

Um, you mean PC Games.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've never been to Malmö but if I did go I'd run around in a cowboy hat yelling "REMEMBER THE MALMO" until someone asked me to leave.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I did try googling PSN PS4 best games but most of the hits were one game per page click-through articles and ain't nobody got time to click 'next' 24 times in a row just to see a ruddy list.

PSN games I liked

Apotheon
    Strider
    The Swapper
    Counterspy
    OlliOlli
    OlliOlli 2
    Axiom Verge
    Shovel Knight
    The Fall
    Nuclear Throne
    Enter the Gungeon
    Invisible Inc
    Hyper Light Drifter

Um, you mean PC Games.

*eyeroll* seriously man comon

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Bogart what genres do you like

All of them? I'll happily play fighters, shooters, survival, puzzle games, story games, beat 'em ups, shmups, roguelikes, tower defence and strategy games.

I will check out the games you mentioned! I have like twenty games people have mentioned I can check out now.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Really I'm having a lot of fun GISing "malmo crime" and then "(city) crime"

Cincinnati would seem to be a lot fucking rougher than Malmo, even.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I've never been to Malmö but if I did go I'd run around in a cowboy hat yelling "REMEMBER THE MALMO" until someone asked me to leave.

Holy shit this is perfect

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm curious about the 22% decrease in convictions. Is there a causal explanation for this, or is it just "bitches be lyin'!!" in tandem with the broader definition of rape bringing more women accusers forward

Found the cited statistics, I'll see if I can make sense of the reasoning. Lots of legalese.

• Options
    I wonder if that dough Milo conned out of suckers to fund bursaries for white people ever made its way into the hands of anyone else. Or is it still 'resting in his account'?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Great I think the USPS lost some amazon packages.

Garbage service.

I shipped an Echo Dot on 12/12. It never arrived, and the buyer got a refund. I was refunded by USPS like $55 or whatever the base insurance rate was.

Around the end of January, I received a ragged piece of cardboard with the original shipping label, taped to a piece of paper saying "whoops, we lost ur pack m8"

No idea what ever became of the contents.

someone stole it because they knew exactly what was in it by the shape of the box

It was in a flat-rate box, though.

It was a snug fit and bulging my a few millimeters, though, so I imagine it must have gotten stuck in a sorting machine.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Farage managed to get in on the action today by calling Malmo the 'rape capital of Europe'.

I keep this image handy.

lls0k3ozo8j6.jpg

does conviction rate mean percent of the accused convicted or percent of the charges ending in conviction?

because i could imagine if in the past it was one count of rape (and would be found guilty), but now is 30 separate counts, then 30 counts of rape could become - 25 guilty, 5 not guilty, or whatever

That makes sense :+1:

now that I've trapped you with a rape conversation as devious harpies are wont to do, are you coming to fancy dinner

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    ask @tapeslinger about my superhero persona Six Eyes

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I keep this image handy.

lls0k3ozo8j6.jpg

now that I've trapped you with a rape conversation as devious harpies are wont to do, are you coming to fancy dinner

This is the weirdest attempt to see if someone's coming to dinner ever

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

I keep this image handy.

lls0k3ozo8j6.jpg

hm no. 6 on that list makes me think maybe thats not it though. i dunno

and im leaning towards a yes now, since i no longer have the baggage

can u pm me or link me what the food is or whatever so i can see if my glutomyalgic self can eat it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »

I love how there is a known author of piss-covered wolf to both of these publishing shops

WINTER IS PISSING he screams outside the Hachette Children's office

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I blame those no good millennials

*writes 47 page article on why Millennials are the worst*

Boomers don't like Millennials because Millennials are every positive thing Boomers are not yet believe themselves to be.

Meh. Everybody bitches about the young generation. Millenials will be bitching about the Tweenites or Gen V or whatever they decide to call it.

Yes and no.

My major beef with boomers is that they entered society with almost every benefit given to them and as soon as they could they promptly pulled up the ladder. Boomers saw job growth, a strong middle class, financial stability, home ownership, cheap college, and their politician parents ensured this as long as they could. But as soon as Boomers hit politics they slashed taxes and pursued policies that enriched their own cohort at the expense of everyone else down the line. Now Boomers gripe about how Millenials are "entitled" and they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps just like Boomers did, which ignores all the benefits Boomers got that are now gone.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Yay, one less reason to get a PS4.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

I keep this image handy.

lls0k3ozo8j6.jpg

It worked though.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Would you say it's

Nier-ly here?

• Options
    Eh, not much actual reporting on the reasons. Here's Google Language Fucker's interpretation.
    The number of suspects of rape were 1070 people in 2015. That's an increase of 65 people, or 6 percent, compared to 2014. Between 2006 and 2010 the number had increased from 807 people to a maximum level of 1 130 people, and then vary from year to year. The increase in the beginning of the period can be partly explained by a new sexual offenses legislation entered into force on 1 April 2005. This means that certain acts, previously headlined as sexual exploitation, are now classified as rape. The effect of the amendment also struck through in the statistics on reported crimes, where the number of reported rapes increased while the number of reported crimes relating to sexual coercion and exploitation reduced the years following amendment.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »

I keep this image handy.

lls0k3ozo8j6.jpg

It worked though.

Hakkes teach me your secrets

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Genuine CPAC panel name.
    If Heaven has a gate, a wall and extreme vetting, why can't America?

Bogart on
  • Options

I keep this image handy.

lls0k3ozo8j6.jpg

hm no. 6 on that list makes me think maybe thats not it though. i dunno

and im leaning towards a yes now, since i no longer have the baggage

can u pm me or link me what the food is or whatever so i can see if my glutomyalgic self can eat it

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36997637#Comment_36997637

I already see Deviled Eggs, Trout or NY Strip Steak in ur future~~

• Options
    Admittedly, I'm a weird generational cohort. My birthdate puts me in Gen X, but I was raised by a WWII veteran (Boomer upbringing), and I didn't start my career until the same time as Millennials.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Why are we talking about rape in Sweden?

What the fuck did I miss?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Aren't most efforts to report and prosecute rape more going to lead to decreased conviction rates?

I might be wrong, but my first thought is that the cases most likely to lead to conviction were going to be over represented without any efforts to have rape reported more and prosecuted more.

• Options

Trump said something stupid/devoid of reality.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Aren't most efforts to report and prosecute rape more going to lead to decreased conviction rates?

I might be wrong, but my first thought is that the cases most likely to lead to conviction were going to be over represented without any efforts to have rape reported more and prosecuted more.

The reclassification is pretty important, though.

• Options

Sweden is a frigid hellscape of Muslim immigrants constantly raping pure Swedish angels AH didn't you get the memo

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

You thought this was the [chat] thread?

tumblr_lnqmzmbxeF1qj6sk2o1_400.gif

Behold our true form!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I'm not sure, but don't stop talking about breakfast...I'm nearly there...

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I blame those no good millennials

*writes 47 page article on why Millennials are the worst*

Boomers don't like Millennials because Millennials are every positive thing Boomers are not yet believe themselves to be.

Meh. Everybody bitches about the young generation. Millenials will be bitching about the Tweenites or Gen V or whatever they decide to call it.

Yes and no.

My major beef with boomers is that they entered society with almost every benefit given to them and as soon as they could they promptly pulled up the ladder. Boomers saw job growth, a strong middle class, financial stability, home ownership, cheap college, and their politician parents ensured this as long as they could. But as soon as Boomers hit politics they slashed taxes and pursued policies that enriched their own cohort at the expense of everyone else down the line. Now Boomers gripe about how Millenials are "entitled" and they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps just like Boomers did, which ignores all the benefits Boomers got that are now gone.

Adam Conover giving a talk to a conference on how to market to millenials about how millenials don't exist and how grouping people in generations is not optimal.
    https://youtu.be/-HFwok9SlQQ

• Options
    You have to feel sorry for CPAC. They booked a perfectly normal Nazi in good faith and then found out he was some kind of *weird* Nazi.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

"Sweden is suffering a rapepocalypse and it's all because of MUSLIMS" is one of the many amazingly stupid and false things people who are terrified of Muslims like to bleat on about, so I guess it just percolated to the top of the shitheap again.

Probably because Trump was honking about Sweden recently.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options

Trump said 'didja see that thing in Sweden?' at his rally. Cue many people saying uh no? Trump then says he was talking about a half-remembered Fox news item about immigration there, but because backing down for a single instant is not in his fans nature they're now all in on claiming Sweden is a terrorist hotspot of crime, disease and is built on a Hellmouth.

He merely has to say a thing for millions to believe it, and imagine the utter lack of evidence as proof of a vast conspiracy Trump has dared uncover.

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

"Sweden is suffering a rapepocalypse and it's all because of MUSLIMS" is one of the many amazingly stupid and false things people who are terrified of Muslims like to bleat on about, so I guess it just percolated to the top of the shitheap again.

Probably because Trump was honking about Sweden recently.

Basically certain people have painted a picture where Malmö == Fallujah.

This discussion has been closed.