Options

Cook Serve Delicious 2 can go to hell, the [Indie Game] Heat Signature is out

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think it's actually Ground Zero Texas

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    RE: Factorio
    I see some new versions have come out since I last played it half a year ago, are there any new campaign-y sort of missions? I loved the campaign part of the game but the aimless survival sandbox mode that seems like the other primary game mode wasn't holding my interest.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey. Flinthook is real fun

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    sexy brutale is...very good

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    This year is fucking laying me flat with new releases. After MEA, Nier Automata, the Stellaris Utopia DLC? I got two indie games coming out of early access within the next month. That would be Starcrawlers and The Long Dark (in a week!). Also got Expeditions Viking rolling out tomorrow.

I'm sure there's a couple titles I'm forgetting about. But it's been real real nice.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    This year is fucking laying me flat with new releases. After MEA, Nier Automata, the Stellaris Utopia DLC? I got two indie games coming out of early access within the next month. That would be Starcrawlers and The Long Dark (in a week!). Also got Expeditions Viking rolling out tomorrow.

I'm sure there's a couple titles I'm forgetting about. But it's been real real nice.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Julian Gollop, the creator of X-Com, just announced Phoenix Point, a turn-based tactics game

And that's all there is to know about it right now

There is more to know now!

Crowdfunding for Phoenix Point has launched on Fig. 'Spiritual successor' to the original X-COM with:
    • turn-based, squad tactics
    • world overmap/geoscape
    • destructible environments
    • currying favor with competing human factions in a post-alien virus apocalypse
    • procedurally generated enemies
    • horrifying monstrosities from the watery depths
    • pretty soldier dress up
    uqOegt8.jpg
    XRlCKxt.jpg
    9ZEhyRH.jpg

<3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Goddamn that looks hypothetically pretty

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i liked the look of that although lots of stuff in the trailer looked super clunky. However, they've only just started a crowdfunding campaign so i imagine it'll look better eventually

https://youtu.be/iuN9g502cYM

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think finished games look worse than their crowdfunding mock-up pictures, most of the time

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I think finished games look worse than their crowdfunding mock-up pictures, most of the time

I watched the Kickstarter video for Kentucky Route Zero recently and woof.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'd probably throw in for Pheonix Point if it wasn't for the fact that I'm sorta stretched thin on video game money

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Mighty No. 9 with a bullet.

The only one I can think of that matched or exceeded the pitch was Hyper Light Drifter.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Shovel Knight looks almost exactly like its kickstarter video, graphically anyway, there are a couple enemies in the trailer that aren't in the game and what appears to be a bullet hell level I'm glad they didn't put in

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    massive chalice wasn't necessarily better but it found a very unique art style that worked well for the game

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i thought massive chalice in general was better for being as unique as it was and it's a shame brad muir has being consumed by valve, never again to be a project lead until he manages to burst free from its dark womb

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Naphtali wrote: »

Mighty No. 9 with a bullet.

The only one I can think of that matched or exceeded the pitch was Hyper Light Drifter.

Really? Most of the games I've kickstarted have matched or exceeded in the looks department: Banner Saga (!), Divinity OS, PoE, Orion Trail, Shadowrun(s), Paper Sorcerer, Grim Dawn, FTL, Broken Age.

Banner Saga in particular delivered the gorgeous hand drawn art style that was promised, and Divinity OS was routinely prettier than I expected it to be:

(Big)
    gKv8IZk.jpg

And that's the original, pre-enhanced version. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's pretty common for games to change a lot, visually, between the conceptual stage and production. It's important for Kickstarter projects to warn people when their graphics are mock-ups and might not represent the final product because people don't always understand that, but often you find that the original idea is too expensive to implement or ends up holding you back in some way as the project evolves, or just plain doesn't work as well in action as you'd hoped. And sometimes you just find something you like better as you start working on it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Kentucky Route Zero looks significantly better than the pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pvkCYNhf7M

This is some weird Donkey Kong Country shit and I vastly prefer what they went with

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I just stumbled on a Let's Play of For The King and it looks amazing.
    It's in Early Access but it seems like a cross between Final Fantasy, Diablo, Civilization and a rogue-like plus it has multiplayer!

For-the-King-header.jpg
    ftkoverworld2.jpg?itok=7tAZP9gF
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pw07YW2CZs

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I ended up not loving Massive Chalice, but I'm glad I backed it.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Kentucky Route Zero looks significantly better than the pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pvkCYNhf7M

This is some weird Donkey Kong Country shit and I vastly prefer what they went with

I actually really like this art style

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah that looks way better to me.

But I'm the one person who does not like Kentucky Route Zero, so my opinion should probably be firmly discounted.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

But I'm the one person who does not like Kentucky Route Zero, so my opinion should probably be firmly discounted.

you're not the only person who doesn't like Kentucky route zero

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

I've never played KRZ

But I surely don't like its art style and much prefer what's in that trailer

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

I've never played KRZ

But I surely don't like its art style and much prefer what's in that trailer

Okay

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    It's good to have a reminder every once a while about just how subjective art really is

Cus' wow i cant even comprehend liking that more than KRZ's current style

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I like KRZ's current art style! (It's on my list to play, so I can't speak to the context) But it's kinda got the vogue minimalism that's really in right now. That previous art style separates it a lot. Looks very unique and kinda offputting in a way I dig.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I like both art styles and don't find one to be particularly better than the other. They are definitely different though, so it's understandable people would prefer one or the other.

...okay this is a pretty useless post I guess,

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I like both art styles and don't find one to be particularly better than the other. They are definitely different though, so it's understandable people would prefer one or the other.

some could say the same of all posts

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

nah just bagel's

• Options
    edited April 2017

Well all of mine anyway...

Fuck, too slow to undercut it.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I like that art style in the Kickstarter version of KRZ but I think the style they went with for the actual game adds a bit more to the mood and tone of the game.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

your words are as empty as your soul

this board ill needs a poster such as you

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I like KRZ's current art style! (It's on my list to play, so I can't speak to the context) But it's kinda got the vogue minimalism that's really in right now. That previous art style separates it a lot. Looks very unique and kinda offputting in a way I dig.

I think the reason I might dislike the art is because I dislike the game, honestly. There have been a lot of other times that I've been into that minimalism feel, but I find the game really boring, which sort of makes the minimalism start feeling more and more like a problem. If I look at just like, stills of the art or something, I enjoy it a lot more than I did when I tried to play the game.

• Options
    Yeah I don't wanna say anything too strong on the art as I haven't played the game yet, and the context of how it works in game is super important.

I just think that style in the trailer is super neat in a very peculiar way. Nice sort of a lonely Americana in the dark sort of thing?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I feel like if people don't like the art style just posting pictures of that art style doesn't really do anything

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Both art styles are rad.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.