As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happy [chat]iversary Porp!

Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark faceRegistered User regular
OK friends I know I'm usually such a gruff and stoic guy and everything but I want to break character for a bit and talk about how awesome my wife is today, on the 10 year anniversary of our wedding.

Now most of you probably know that Porp and I met in high school. Wayyy back in 2001, we shared a Music Theory class together our Junior year. I didn't like her much at first, but she wore me down in typical Porp fashion. We started dating in October, once Porp got tired of waiting for me to make a move and asked me out to see a movie.

I said no.

But not because I didn't like her, I just didn't like movies as first dates. So we started dating.

Senior year goes by in a blur. We spend nearly every day together. Every Friday and Saturday night I would sneak out of the house and spend the night at her place. Sometimes to smash, but often just to spend more time with her. I was madly in love in a fiery passionate teenager way.

Then we graduate, and it's time for the next part of our lives. She decides she isn't ready/interested in college so she enlists in the Army. I'm headed out east for undergrad. The night before I left for college we rented a hotel room and had what would be our last night together for many months. The next morning I cried for about the entire first hour of the car drive from WI to NC, with the entire rest of my family in the car. Awkward.

The next couple months, while I was at college and Porp was in Basic Training, were when I kind of realized that this was a girl I could spend the rest of my life with. She wasn't allowed to talk on the phone during Basic, so we wrote. Every day I'd get a letter from her, and every night I'd sit down and write her about my day. It was never a chore, on the contrary, these limited interactions were the part of my day I enjoyed the most.

Fortunately for both of us, Porp was released from the Army after Basic (the odds of her having been deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan were pretty damn high). She enrolled in a tech school near where I was going to college and essentially lived in my tiny 150 sf dorm room for the next two years. Yet we never tired of the constant togetherness. It suited us both.

Pretty soon after we graduated and moved together to the Bay Area (Porp wanted to move to NYC but she put that dream on hold to be with me during my grad program) I proposed. Nothing fancy, just a publicly embarrassing stunt in the middle of Union Square in San Francisco. I knew what ring to buy because Porp helpfully bookmarked the exact make and cut on my computer browser. And also printed it out and taped it to my forehead. We got married the next year, on July 7, 2007.

Now it's 10 years later and we're both different people than the ones that said those vows 10 years ago, yet we're still madly in love, with 3 wonderful kids to boot. Every year brings us new challenges and new hobbies and new friends and new beginnings and I love all of it. And I know that no matter what I've got this wonderful, kind, compassionate, hilarious, stubborn woman with me to figure it all out, together.

Also I'm applying to jobs in NYC because she's waited long enough, damn it!

Happy Anniversary Porp! I love you!

P.S. You have some surprises/gifts coming your way but not until our celebration trip in August.

@porp

Please consider the environment before printing this post.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Not even our chats are safe from being porp'd

Congrats slandshark and lady porp!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I knew what ring to buy because Porp helpfully bookmarked the exact make and cut on my computer browser. And also printed it out and taped it to my forehead.

Sometimes a subtle hint is needed.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I knew what ring to buy because Porp helpfully bookmarked the exact make and cut on my computer browser. And also printed it out and taped it to my forehead.

Sometimes a subtle hint is needed.

Indeed. A totally necessary move on her part!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    You guys are adorable. Congrats Shark and Porp.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    OmG Shark. Too much PDA.

• Options
  • Options
    porp wrote: »
    OmG Shark. Too much PDA.

Sharked

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    This is the Hat of Support. Wearing it means you're on tech support today.

9scvWOWl.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    One of the girls in work just admitted that she stalks my twitter because she thinks I'm funny

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I am now going to shit up your lovely thread with controversial opinions and dogged insistence on semantic precision.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    One of the girls in work just admitted that she stalks my twitter because she thinks I'm funny

breakup with your gf, you just hit the big time

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I am now going to shit up your lovely thread with controversial opinions and dogged insistence on semantic precision.

I believe it's whom should we tip

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I just spilled gatorade on the numpad of my favorite keyboard, my only cherry brown, my only son

This is what it's like, having to turn to your ugly bastard boy to command your armies in times of war

Eddy on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Can't have a shark [chat] without Left Shark himself making an appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmcWZ2Bzoho

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    But also Landshark and porp are easily my favourite marine themed forum couple

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    But also Landshark and porp are easily my favourite marine themed forum couple

Lot of stiff competition there too

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    This is the Hat of Support. Wearing it means you're on tech support today.

9scvWOWl.jpg

But no one is wearing the hat of support. Surely someone must take up the mantle before the users stab themselves, set the building on fire or entirely fill the file server with low quality movie rips with hard coded Hebrew subtitles

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    clearly the best chat

ALSO ;_; SHARK

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Because I like Binding of Isaac so much I'm trying out Dungeon of the Endless

too hard for me on easy atm -.-*

fine I'll play the damn tutorial

Eddy on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    We just got sharked

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh my god this [chat] is so cute

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Because I like Binding of Isaac so much I'm trying out Dungeon of the Endless

too hard for me on easy atm -.-*

fine I'll play the damn tutorial

It's a very very hard game

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I was reading page 30 full of recent posts and saw the thread was closed and thought for sure the chat experiment was finally over.

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I was reading page 30 full of recent posts and saw the thread was closed and thought for sure the chat experiment was finally over.

It really caught me off guard too

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Two things

Well, three I guess, 'cause I'm gonna be kind and polite and Canadian and waste all of your time with saying my own version of both Aww and Congratulations, @Sir Landshark and @porp <3 (But really, Aww and Congratulations, that's a very touching story and very sweet Landshark and all sort of other unmanly adjectives lets go wrestle or hunt or something gosh darn it)

Also

I'm uncomfortable with the amount of power Landshark just successfully wielded

And by uncomfortable, I mean envious

I'm envious of the amount of power Landshark just successfully wielded

I'm not saying I expect the same opportunity when I do something like dedicate 10 years of my life, every single day, to a project of passion, dedication, respect, strength, love, and beauty

But it'd be nice

When the situation inevitably arises

Any day now

Just saying.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ewwww

poo
  • Options
    On my parents' wedding anniversary, my dad puts up a giant poster of their wedding photo somewhere in town where my mom will see it driving to work or whatever. I guess that's cool.

• Options
    Also

@kedinik

New skippy?

Actually

Has anyone seen the two of them in the same room together?

• Options

I think Tube has essentially admitted that the safest thing he can do with us [chat] reprobates is to keep us contained and sequestered from Gen Pop whenever possible

• Options
    On my parents' wedding anniversary, my dad puts up a giant poster of their wedding photo somewhere in town where my mom will see it driving to work or whatever. I guess that's cool.

Haha i love this!

• Options
    Hmm what have I done for ten years that I can celebrate. I guess I've had my doggo for that long.

Elki, execute order 66, operation C. L. O. S. E. SHARK'S. T. H. R. E. A. D. SO I CAN POST A DOGGO CHAT O. P. is a go.

• Options
    Sonofa

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Huh

Lena Dunham apparently had an Instagram famous dog, but stopped featuring it, and finally said that the puppy was badly abused prior to Dunham adopting it and she couldn't help it cope

Cue the shelter she adopted it from going "uhhh, what? We've got one record showing 'owner surrendered - not enough time'. Why would we let a celebrity adopt a dog with those type of issues?"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Vomiting

poo
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Vomiting

I know what Lena Dunham did was bad but

• Options
    Huh

Lena Dunham apparently had an Instagram famous dog, but stopped featuring it, and finally said that the puppy was badly abused prior to Dunham adopting it and she couldn't help it cope

Cue the shelter she adopted it from going "uhhh, what? We've got one record showing 'owner surrendered - not enough time'. Why would we let a celebrity adopt a dog with those type of issues?"

:/

Poor doggo

This discussion has been closed.