As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Floaking [chat]

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Hello friends

I’m flying from Florida to Atlanta today and eating McDonald’s for breakfast

Living my goddamn Best American Life over here

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    AC seems like a series I would love with the sci-fi and history and illuminati/conspiracy stuff but the first one turned me off the series with it's clunkiness and I have just never gotten around to them. I think I have AC2 and some other one on Steam.

The first game is very different in terms of controls. By AC2 they changed it drastically, Brotherhood refined the change to near-perfection.

Black Flag is basically still brotherhood in terms of controls, but they made it supremely easy and satisfying to murderkill dozens of pirates and it was just a blast to play.

Origins is the first major change to the controls in a long time. I am not sure if I like it more yet - I miss the parry/counter stuff a lot.

Parry/counter is there and still insane in murdering. Just not as insane? I am watching Coh do it, but with a huge axe and a shield.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the truck nuts be on the front of your truck

I think the assumption is that the truck is a quadruped

Or the truck is the literal dick extension, thus, the nuts at the base.
    SniperGuy wrote: »

No because the hemi is your dick.

🤔

Look I can't always be on the forefront of truck nut related humor.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    My coworker won't stop hissing and I'm going to go insane. I will put in headphones.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Hello friends

tell me you got a McGriddle

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    trip report:
    • rome is dope af
    • sistine chapel is dope af
    • colosseum is dope af
    • st peter's basilica hueg also dope af
    • so much wine
    • fuckin pistachio gelato 4 lyf u feel me
    • gooby blessed by pope

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Preacher wrote: »
    My biggest problem with the ass creed games is the same issue I have with ubisoft games in general in that they are all "here's this huge map with generic objectives and collectables" and I can't ignore finding all of those, even though I know it kills the gameplay and makes the game feel super repetitive.

Yeah, this is a real trap and it takes some effort to avoid.

That said, stuff like collecting real-world renaissance paintings in AC2 gave me a turbo boner and I would do everything I could to get all of those.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    credeiki wrote: »
    The archon we are running around with is in this Planescape game is very naive and pretty perfectly Lawful Good (although the player wants it to 'fall' to chaotic good as part of the storyline)(the player also historically has played as rather disruptive and annoying characters)

Seems like there will be plenty of room for interesting pvp/roleplaying as we have to prevent him from telling the complete truth about everything to everyone at all times, and also trying to turn all miscreants in to official city custody.

Obv you need to frame him and turn him into the guard

Who are more than happy to give him ten thousand years dungeon since he's interrupting their side hustle

Gg no re

no no for once I'm trying to have my character be friends with his character (maybe because we are both assertive roleplayers, we somehow always end up at odds? It's fun!), although we're definitely going to come to conflict over this teenage girl he turned in to the guard (but turns out it was a doomguard in disguise who is using teenagers for some mysterious underground operation involving smuggled weapons and also giant ground sloths.) My plan is once we free the girl I'll have to tell the archon that the city guard is clearly incapable of holding her safely, so she should go home and serve her rightful sentence later once the guard is more competent (as an air genasi, I think I have *feelings* about personal freedom). The archon is being played as kinda dumb, so it'll probably go along with it?

Oh or maybe since we did get temporarily deputized as privates in the Harmonium in a comedy sequence with the one hapless guard who had been busted down to sub sub private and was being forced to work double shifts at half pay, I could tell the archon that he's now legally allowed to oversee the girl himself and like check in on her occasionally or whatever.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Nova_C wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I just think the idea of being a LG pirate is silly.

And the whole "Lawful can just be personal code!" seems like a cop out to me.

I've been playing D&D too long.

If this is a Paladin, your DM is being ridiculous.

I made a chaotic good Paladin whose deity was Silvanus, so his fervour was for nature's dominance. Which can be a kind of 'law' I guess, but as long as the Paladin is dedicated to a deity, I don't see alignment being an issue.

Alignment really doesn't matter in 5e, if that's what you were playing.

It really doesn't

I briefly played a game as a druid of Silvanus who was on the other end of where those druids usually are: I was a pro civilization druid, and felt it was my job to find the balance between nature and civilization. Talking to local wolves and finding out from them that there was insufficient game in the area and thats why they attacked humans meant, to my character, that there were too many local predators for the ecosystem and they had to be culled, so I killed them.

A party member really didn't like that and kept telling me I can't be a druid if I would ever side with people over nature

some people get really butthurt about preconceived roles for classes

override367 on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Nova_C wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I just think the idea of being a LG pirate is silly.

And the whole "Lawful can just be personal code!" seems like a cop out to me.

I've been playing D&D too long.

If this is a Paladin, your DM is being ridiculous.

I made a chaotic good Paladin whose deity was Silvanus, so his fervour was for nature's dominance. Which can be a kind of 'law' I guess, but as long as the Paladin is dedicated to a deity, I don't see alignment being an issue.

Alignment really doesn't matter in 5e, if that's what you were playing.

It was a Monk.

And the only reason it came up was that I was trying to steer the party away from outright killing the merchants we were robbing. I was playing it as CG. Captain Mal style. Cause I thought he was a pretty good space pirate. So now I guess I'm an unarmed fighter / monk hybrid class. (Pathfinder Brawler)

Meh. I'm usually a stickler for the rules and don't mind making changes to fit. But this was the second character change I had to make and I don't like this class as much. Ah well. It's whatever. I just thought I'd share how funnily bothered I was by silly tabletop rules shit.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    trip report:

Muh boy

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    trip report:
    • rome is dope af
    • colosseum is dope af
    • so much wine
    • gooby blessed by pope

oh shit bro did you have any Duff beer

my best friend and his wife went a couple of years ago and they said every shop sold Duff for some reason, I swear to god

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Hello friends

tell me you got a McGriddle

Yesssss

Also dank nuggs because I’m on holiday and abusing my body

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    The archon we are running around with in this Planescape game is very naive and pretty perfectly Lawful Good (although the player wants it to 'fall' to chaotic good as part of the storyline)(the player also historically has played as rather disruptive and annoying characters)

Seems like there will be plenty of room for interesting pvp/roleplaying as we have to prevent him from telling the complete truth about everything to everyone at all times, and also trying to turn all miscreants in to official city custody.
    You know that would be actually an amazing campaign, they get turned into city custody, and instead of breaking out, having a court date with a magistrate and the bard acting as a defense attorney while a paladin is acting as prosecutor is trying to throw the book at them, with competing charisma rolls and judicial bonuses.
    Oh shit and the judge can be a high level warlock that uses imprisonment-burial if found guilty.

You sir are in contempt of court, True Polymorph sheep.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Paladins in 5E don't have to be diety based depending on their oath, they are literally powered by how right they believe they are (hence being charisma based) - so it doesn't even matter if they're wrong as long as they believe they aren't

override367 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Pistachio gelato is my soulmate

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    My biggest problem with the ass creed games is the same issue I have with ubisoft games in general in that they are all "here's this huge map with generic objectives and collectables" and I can't ignore finding all of those, even though I know it kills the gameplay and makes the game feel super repetitive.

Yeah, this is a real trap and it takes some effort to avoid.

That said, stuff like collecting real-world renaissance paintings in AC2 gave me a turbo boner and I would do everything I could to get all of those.

Yeah the actual history stuff is interesting, just having to do all that collectathon level up garbage kills me in the ac games. Also the general story lost me

Like AC4 was a super fun pirate game bogged down by this ridiculous templar shit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    If the rumors are true

The carnifex HQ old one eye is from hive fleet behemoth, whose special rules let's you reroll charges

oh nooooo

Listen here Jake just because you posted a multi paragraph defense of assassin's Creed doesn't mean I have to take this sarcasm you're not my real dad

I'm not being sarcastic! I play Guard! Do nids really need to kill me harder? :(

Oh

Yes they do

• Options
    Paladins in 5E don't have to be diety based depending on their oath, they are literally powered by how right they believe they are - so it doesn't even matter if they're wrong as long as they believe they aren't

some god somewhere all thirsty enough to hand out divine power to a nonbeliever

all getting made fun of at the god meetings when he talks about all his 'faithful' acolytes

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    trip report:
    • rome is dope af
    • colosseum is dope af
    • so much wine
    • gooby blessed by pope

Stop arsing about and get on with shiving Cesare Borgia.

sig.gif
  • Options
    trip report:
    • rome is dope af
    • colosseum is dope af
    • so much wine
    • gooby blessed by pope

oh shit bro did you have any Duff beer

my best friend and his wife went a couple of years ago and they said every shop sold Duff for some reason, I swear to god

no i didnt see any

i prolly only had like 1 beer while there though

but i did have a couple glasses of wine with every meal though (they will serve you wine with breakfast it is so dope)

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    My coworker won't stop hissing and I'm going to go insane. I will put in headphones.

Inssssssssssssssane, you sssssssssssssay?

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    My brother has been posting about virtue signaling. Like where does this poison come from?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Paladins in 5E don't have to be diety based depending on their oath, they are literally powered by how right they believe they are - so it doesn't even matter if they're wrong as long as they believe they aren't

all getting made fun of at the god meetings when he talks about all his 'faithful' acolytes

*grips Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield*

I SAY THEE NAY, XENO

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Every DM is different, but my goal when I started DMing my first game a few weeks ago, was that the players got the experience they wanted.

So when nobody chose a class that had any kind of healing, I adding the Healing Surge from 4th edition as a house rule, rather than suggest someone play a different class. If someone wanted to play an evil Paladin, I would probably be fine with it, as long as they were authentic about it.

Interestingly, alignment did come up briefly in my group because the lawful neutral monk was breaking into places and lying to the cops, so I told him to change to neutral because he ain't no lawful.

• Options
    My brother has been posting about virtue signaling. Like where does this poison come from?

Wha?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Does the pope bless people every day or is there a pope-o-bot 3000?

• Options
    edited October 2017

i basically walked from one gelato shop to another gelato shop and saw some ancient ruins in between for a week

at one gelato shop the gelato dealer gave me shit about ordering a large cone with just pistachio and i pulled out the ron swanson "i know what i'm about, son" but i dont think he got the reference because italy is not freedom

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    my current char is a kobold cleric whose 'deity' is a local dragon

I figure Bahamut is like... eeeeeeehhh, close enough little guy

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    trip report:
    • rome is dope af
    • colosseum is dope af
    • so much wine
    • gooby blessed by pope

I remember when I first went to Rome as a kid and saw my first smart car and had the longest giggle fit ever at how small they are and how easy it was to pick up.

• Options

i basically walked from one gelato shop to another gelato shop and saw some ancient ruins in between for a week

at one gelato shop the gelato dealer gave me shit about ordering a large cone with just pistachio and i pulled out the ron swanson "i know what i'm about, son" but i dont think he got the reference because italy is not freedom

So what do the mayflowers want you to steal?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I like how some of the 5e dieties are explicitly Sith levels of stupid to worship

Worship Vecna:

-Vecna prevents people from reading your mind (+)
    -He shares just enough knowledge for you to do whatever he needs you to do (+)
    -He unambiguously will kill you once you become powerful enough to threaten him, and if you're very lucky he'll put your soul into a magical item instead of devouring it (-)
    -It's understood that you and your fellow worshippers will all try to stab each other in the back when the time is right (-)

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular

I think the assumption is that the truck is a quadruped

I've always wandered, am I a monoped or a noped?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

The poor god of atheism is always laughed at.

• Options
    also i kept thinking about AC2 the entire week especially when we went up in the dome of st peter's basilica (1 million stairs oh my god)

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Paladins in 5E don't have to be diety based depending on their oath, they are literally powered by how right they believe they are (hence being charisma based) - so it doesn't even matter if they're wrong as long as they believe they aren't

Their superpower is delusions

• Options
    I didn’t like the first McGriddle I had but this fourth one of the weekend is hitting the spot

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I just googled virtue signalling.

It was like an infinite spiral of memes memeing each other. forever.

• Options

Wha?
    I’m not even sure how to explain the concept.

• Options
    Watching someone play the first outlast my thought was the game had a creepy atmosphere, but very little gameplay for me to enjoy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.