As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Rivertails, Shiner & Lovebirb out today!

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    The Steam spring sale starts in 2.5 hours.

Been thinking of maybe picking up Deep Rock Galactic.

Have y'all heard good things about that? It looks fun, is it fun?

It is the single best co op game I've ever played.

ROCK AND STONE!!!!!!!!!!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

I've heard nothing but good things about it; @Magic Pink has indicated it's one of his favs. I've picked it up but not played yet, but I hear it's really good especially if you can get a regular group going.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It is very fun, though most of my friend group didn't find it had a lot of longevity past a couple weeks. It it's easily worth the price though. Even if the price is full.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

I believe it was just a timed exclusive on the epic store for a year, square seems to take that deal every time with pc ports these days.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwhnYyFfimo
    “Toads of the Bayou is about combining the southern gothic spookiness and the sweet taste of cartoon memories, into our own take on the turn-based tactical genre,” said La Grange game designer Alexandre Clement in a press release. “The goal for us was to allow the player to establish their place in this cursed environment, and make them appreciate how hard they fought and what they stood for. Nothing is ever granted in the Bayou, and thriving against the Baron’s evil forces is a real achievement.”

Tactically Lead Your Toads

Control different toads each with their own traits, bonuses and weaknesses in grid-based combat. Each run is unique through procedural generated maps, combat encounters and permadeath granting you upgrades at the end of each run.

Key Features

Over 50 cards.
    Three playable toads each with different abilities and traits.
    13 buildings.
    10 bosses.
    Original soundtrack.

it's one of those tactical turn-based toad-em-ups that the kids are really into these days

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    hg1qe6iu0b5r.jpeg

Oh Pedro, baby, what is you doooooooing

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

It's a great game I am so bad at it sucks all the fun out

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    hg1qe6iu0b5r.jpeg

Listen, you gotta be wary of those grandmas. After all, the saying goes watch out for the grandmas in crime rings where people die young. Or something.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I believe it was just a timed exclusive on the epic store for a year, square seems to take that deal every time with pc ports these days.

Kingdom Hearts on PC is still locked to Epic, though.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular

Or things like Surprise! Elden Rings final boss is immune to bleed!

Absolute clown shit.

Hey let's invalidate an entire games worth of playstyle

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is free on Epic Games Store bit.ly/3qQwIr3

• Options

Ex-Blizzard leaders Jen Oneal, John Donham, and J. Allen Brack form new studio Magic Soup Games

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hg1qe6iu0b5r.jpeg

pedro is a goofball weirdo who also likes money and is presently one of the hottest commodities in hollywood

let the man get his bag

• Options
    I’m mostly just amazed that scammy mobile game #6937 can afford him!

I guess the grift is good!

• Options
  • Options
    Jesus Christ

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Ex-Blizzard leaders Jen Oneal, John Donham, and J. Allen Brack form new studio Magic Soup Games

this reminds me of the first 30 seconds of this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIBwf9mR-w

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    There's a reason every big publisher tried super hard to break into the mobile market.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    And today I just learned about the merge game genre. Always learning something new in this thread.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options

Create the Disco scenes of your dreams.

Introducing Collage Mode: the new functionality that gives you the creative freedom to stage just about anything in-game.

Available now for PC and Mac players, with console rolling out soon:

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

has it been over a year yet? it might have taken longer for FF7R too, or maybe I'm remembering it took extra long for there to be a PC port at all for FF7R when I was expecting a PC version in a year.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Deep Rock Galactic is super excellent and you can just drop in with randoms and have a good time.

There have been very few experiences of toxicity.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Those games don't just need to be released from Epic jail, they need to be released from the You Want How Much For This Game Are You Fucking Kidding Me jail.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

I was kind of expecting more from the article, honestly. There were a few bits of insight regarding how paid offers were popped up and named, but this felt like a lot of explaining the obvious to anybody even mildly keyed in to mobile game pay structures and it lacked any info on hard numbers for certain strategies beyond the revenue, instead just referencing "best practices" a lot.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    There's one strategy that let me beat most From titles and it hasn't failed me yet.
    It's called Just Throw Yourself At Them Until You Win.
    yac3wpc53oc4.jpg

Send wave after wave of yourself at them until they hit their kill limit

But enough about Undertale

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Stranger of Paradise needs to be released from "the system requirements are WHAT!?" jail

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

has it been over a year yet? it might have taken longer for FF7R too, or maybe I'm remembering it took extra long for there to be a PC port at all for FF7R when I was expecting a PC version in a year.

It's nearly been two years. The Kingdom Hearts PC releases happened before the FF7R PC release.

I guess they'll put KH on Steam when everyone least expects it.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

It's nearly been two years. The Kingdom Hearts PC releases happened before the FF7R PC release.

I guess they'll put KH on Steam when everyone least expects it.

That's how they handled the Xbox release. And the Switch (terrible) release.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    There's a reason every big publisher tried super hard to break into the mobile market.

mobile games make so much more money for the resources required to create and maintain it is shocking non-mobile games get made at all at this point

they make so much money

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hg1qe6iu0b5r.jpeg

pedro is a goofball weirdo who also likes money and is presently one of the hottest commodities in hollywood

let the man get his bag

Was merge mansion the one with the weird ad that had the grandma getting arrested for murder or something?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the very one

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I hate things like the merge mansion grandma ads because they force me to doubt all the genuinely deranged content that used to make the internet worthwhile. It's outsider art as co-opted by weeks of meetings with ten of the most fish-eyed pickup artist marketing major motherfuckers you were creeped out by in college. And it works. It will never not work, because they have got inside the meme decision loop and can keep up with it faster than you can. The only thing left is the occasional massive embarrassing failures, and half of those are probably built into the marketing budget too.

See also: brand twitter.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I hate things like the merge mansion grandma ads because they force me to doubt all the genuinely deranged content that used to make the internet worthwhile. It's outsider art as co-opted by weeks of meetings with ten of the most fish-eyed pickup artist marketing major motherfuckers you were creeped out by in college. And it works. It will never not work, because they have got inside the meme decision loop and can keep up with it faster than you can. The only thing left is the occasional massive embarrassing failures, and half of those are probably built into the marketing budget too.

See also: brand twitter.

mwm2osmyp3v7.jpg
    ioltpe27k4s1.jpg

The desperation brand

Brolo on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Meta having a Twitter account seems like some form of failure.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Except for @steak_umm. Bafflingly, they're real and they love you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

Build stories as you see fit in STORYTELLER from @danielben. Launches on Nintendo Switch and Steam this Thursday, March 23rd - wishlist now!

Switch // bit.ly/StorytellerSwi…
    Steam // bit.ly/StorytellerSte…

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

That's nice. If only their product wasn't punishment from god.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

That's nice. If only their product wasn't punishment from god.

well sure if you eat it

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I like Steak ums, they're terrible

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    fg9j1h38g89s.png
    Fanatical is giving away Chenso Club (Steam key):
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/chenso-club

This discussion has been closed.