As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You tapped that ass. Presumably, it was phat.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Plus what's the point of teaming up with Darth Vader if you aren't going to let him force choke someone?

Seriously on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hahahah

I don't think he's nearly that bad yet, but that's a great comparison.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Just started blood rites.
    a box of puppies? Seriously?

Goatmon on

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Goatmon wrote: »

oh yes.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I just finished Death Masks last night.
    The scene where he beats Sanduriel to a pulp with the bat is so over the top. What bugs me more is Sanya and Michael just laughing about it on the way home, that seemed like a fine line considering just a few pages before Michael is going on and on about how the Knights are there to save the Denarians and the Knights cannot bloody their hands as Sanduriel gave up his coin freely. Just a little hypocritical - which sucks cause I love me some Michael.
    Well, Michael is under some heavy restrictions. He is basically a paladin, bound by certain limitations and moral guidelines that require he hold back under certain stipulations, even if a known villain is only following certain stipulations out of technicality.

These restrictions do not require that he stop other people from crossing some of those boundaries, however, which is why I think he didn't stop Harry from being the living shit out of the guy.

Besides, the dude Harry beat down was literally a monster. They all knew that, the first chance he got, he'd more than likely be working at Nicodemus' side again, and would kill any of them without a moment's hesitation. So, even for Michael, there was no genuine sympathy.

I think that was a case where Harry did what a lot of people wish they had the nerve to do, but probably wouldn't ever willingly do if they really had the chance.
    Also, this really came back to bite him in the ass. So it's not like there wasn't any consequence. It also could be why Michael never showed up when Harry hoped/"prayed" he would.
    EDIT: Whoops.jpg - Goatmon, don't read that spoiler until you've read Dead Beat.

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

I'm still waiting for a big reveal about Mister or just some scene where it is completely awesome and all thanks to Mister. But you know, cats...

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    risumon wrote: »

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

I'm still waiting for a big reveal about Mister or just some scene where it is completely awesome and all thanks to Mister. But you know, cats...

I'm kinda hoping that there isn't any kind of reveal about Mister. It would be perfectly fine if he's just a cat. A scene where whoops he ate one of the "housekeepers" could be good.

And yes, seriously,
    a box of puppies.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

Changes spoilers.
    When Harry's apartment was on fire, I was so fucking scared Mister was going to die, and insanely happy when he got out.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

Changes spoilers.
    When Harry's apartment was on fire, I was so fucking scared Mister was going to die, and insanely happy when he got out.

Also Changes
    When Mister was so cozy with his fairy godmother I was almost expecting some kind of reveal that Mister was a fairy being or something. I would honestly be fine with him being just a cat, but I would like him to get more story time. He has been pushed to the side now that mouse is in the picture. At least in the beginning books him and bob would go on adventures together.

Mister & Bob spinoff short story. I would totally read it.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    At the end of Proven Guilty, when
    The Gatekeeper stalls until the Senior Council and Michael show up
    , I was mentally playing The Boys Are Back in Town.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    More Hilarious "Changes" spoilers
    I found it absolutely hilarious when the Russian and Harry were talking about Mab right after Harry became the new winter knight. The entire "So you tapped that ass, I assume it was phat." conversation I found great. I did truly laugh out loud.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

Changes spoilers.
    Wait, so he does keep the dog? Awesome! :D

Also Changes
    When Mister was so cozy with his fairy godmother I was almost expecting some kind of reveal that Mister was a fairy being or something. I would honestly be fine with him being just a cat, but I would like him to get more story time. He has been pushed to the side now that mouse is in the picture. At least in the beginning books him and bob would go on adventures together.

So he does keep the dog? Awesome! :D

Goatmon on

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

Changes spoilers.

Also Changes

Technically, the Dog keeps him.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Yes. Seriously.
    I love Mouse!

Changes spoilers.

Also Changes

Technically, the Dog keeps him.

changes
    I want more talking mouse

webguy20 on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Moving through Dead Beat for the...fourth time? Dead Beat was actually the first book I read by accident when I was wandering around the Sci-Fi / Fantasy section of my public library. It was a good choice
    The discussion with Lasciel for the first time in Harry's dreams when they are all hunkered down at Murphy's is fan-fucking-tastic. The description that Lasciel gives while agreeing with Harry that it would be repugnant to be controlled by another individual so completely, so she understands why Harry will not take up the coin.

Then she says something like, "I assure you that all of the Fallen know precisely how that feels."

Ohhh, good moment.

Also, Pedantophile, that's a really good point that later when confronted by Liver Spots / Sanduriel in the Field Museum no one comes to help him. If you think of that as a grand cosmic slap in the face for acting so irrationally the first time, well, that improves the whole experience.

Keep Mister just a goddamn cat, he is a helluva lot more interesting that way. Especially since Mister could possibly be the only 'straight' character in this whole series since everyone else has super powers by this point.

Though it does warm my heart every time that Mouse does something supernatural.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Moving through Dead Beat for the...fourth time? Dead Beat was actually the first book I read by accident when I was wandering around the Sci-Fi / Fantasy section of my public library. It was a good choice
    The discussion with Lasciel for the first time in Harry's dreams when they are all hunkered down at Murphy's is fan-fucking-tastic. The description that Lasciel gives while agreeing with Harry that it would be repugnant to be controlled by another individual so completely, so she understands why Harry will not take up the coin.

Then she says something like, "I assure you that all of the Fallen know precisely how that feels."

Ohhh, good moment.

Also, Pedantophile, that's a really good point that later when confronted by Liver Spots / Sanduriel in the Field Museum no one comes to help him. If you think of that as a grand cosmic slap in the face for acting so irrationally the first time, well, that improves the whole experience.

Keep Mister just a goddamn cat, he is a helluva lot more interesting that way. Especially since Mister could possibly be the only 'straight' character in this whole series since everyone else has super powers by this point.

Well ...

Changes / Others:
    Murphy. I mean, Harry's truesight did reveal her as the incipient Paladin we all knew she was, and she has, briefly, carried and employed Fidelacchius, but at the moment she's still just a badass normal.

And, of course, Butters. But apart from all that, I like Mister as just a badass normal cat. And I can totally see the Leanansidhe being a cat-lover - despite her preference for hounds.

Mouse is the best supporting character. But then, I am a dog person.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Ohhh, good moment.

Well ...

Changes / Others:
    Murphy. I mean, Harry's truesight did reveal her as the incipient Paladin we all knew she was, and she has, briefly, carried and employed Fidelacchius, but at the moment she's still just a badass normal.

And, of course, Butters. But apart from all that, I like Mister as just a badass normal cat. And I can totally see the Leanansidhe being a cat-lover - despite her preference for hounds.

Mouse does rock pretty hard. Non Spoilery question about changes. Usually in his novels Dresden says how long since the last adventure in an offhand way. I didn't notice that this time. Anybody know how long Changes happens after the last book?

webguy20 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    webguy20 wrote: »

Ohhh, good moment.

Well ...

Changes / Others:

Mouse does rock pretty hard. Non Spoilery question about changes. Usually in his novels Dresden says how long since the last adventure in an offhand way. I didn't notice that this time. Anybody know how long Changes happens after the last book?

I know he dates the happenings in the book in two ways, but they're "place in series" rather than explicitly "time since last book."
    1. He says something about how long its been since he's seen his ex when she shows up.
    2. We know his daughter's age.

With those data points, you can get the time since the previous book, but I'm lazy and don't wanna do the math. :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Finished White Night today. It was good, although the involvement of the
    White Court means a little too much "I haven't had sex in foreveeeeeer." from Harry.

Also Ramirez being a virgin was hilarious.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also I'm beginning to find Marcone less and less believable as time goes by.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

It makes me extremely glad they use him sparingly.

webguy20 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Do 'splain.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    holy shit (Blood Rites)
    guided frozen turkey missile

I'm fucking dying, you guys

Goatmon on

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    holy shit (Blood Rites)

you're just rocketing through these, ain't ya? Best pace yourself, son, as you don't want to end up with a huge fiction hunger for more dresden with none in the makings for months.

It'll happen anyway. but the first time is always the worst.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    at least it won't be as bad as waiting for the next song of ice and fire book

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    holy shit (Blood Rites)

you're just rocketing through these, ain't ya? Best pace yourself, son, as you don't want to end up with a huge fiction hunger for more dresden with none in the makings for months.

It'll happen anyway. but the first time is always the worst.

Sounds a bit like the Twelve Kingdoms novels.

There's seven of them, and they're being released in English annually.

From what I understand, the series isn't even finished, and the author hasn't gotten around to working on the last novel/s.

Dammit.

Goatmon on

• Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    at least it won't be as bad as waiting for the next song of ice and fire book

Maximus on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That doesn't even hurt anymore

It's just

never coming out.

Seriously on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Really. Its not. I met him at a convention and I wanted to be all "WHERE IS MY BOOK YOU FUCKER" but hes..like Santa Clause. You can't be mad at him, hes so old fat and adorable.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Do 'splain.

I see Marcone as much like an Ancient King. They might have been mortal, but were still forces to contend with the magical realms.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Harry's got a puppy!

And a brother!

and a puppy! <3

Goatmon on

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    awwww to think

mouse used to fit in harry's pocket

Arch on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mouse is the best character

Quoth on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Quoth wrote: »
    "That Bitch."

Maximus on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Maximus wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    "That Bitch."

YES

OH GOD THE NEXT BOOK I NEED IT RIGHT NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE

Quoth on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Guys, this may have been touched on, but I just realized something. Changes really does change so much.

Even the title of the book.

Every other book title has had perfect symmetry:
    Small Favor
    Dead Beat
    Turn Coat
    Fool Moon

Changes doesn't. I noticed this when I putting all my books on the shelf. Well, actually, I guess I'm wrong. White Knight and Summer Knight obviously don't but the others do.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The pacing of White Knight seemed really off. Most of the action was very near the end. I was pretty pleased by
    the resolution with Lashiel
    . I thought it was kind of sweet, and I'd been expecting it to go on for a while more.

Butcher's grasp of humor seems to be improving as well. I'm rolling my eyes less, and a few passages aided by James Marsters have gotten literal laughs from me.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    OH FUCK YES (Dead Beat)
    ZOMBIE T-REX

skeet skeet skeeeeeet

Goatmon on

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The pacing of White Knight seemed really off. Most of the action was very near the end. I was pretty pleased by
    the resolution with Lashiel
    . I thought it was kind of sweet, and I'd been expecting it to go on for a while more.

Butcher's grasp of humor seems to be improving as well. I'm rolling my eyes less, and a few passages aided by James Marsters have gotten literal laughs from me.
    I still think it's a cliche/crappy end to an awesome subplot, but having Marsters read the resolution to Lashiel made me think a little better of it. Not entirely sure why though.

Cilla Black on
This discussion has been closed.