Options

Bravely Second: Cats, culinarians, and cocks

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I liked Tiz as a knight in the demo, he tanks hits like you wouldn't believe

And you'll appreciate some later knight skills that are super hella extremely useful when it comes to protecting other characters

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    What level do jobs max out as?

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I don't think the knight protects allies unless their in low health or if you use the ability that protects a specific ally.

Also, I think jobs do more damage as they level up.

• Options
    Like 14 or some business, it's really high

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    this is an actual plot element in this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWmVlgIR2HA

• Options
    Who wants to be my brave friend

I need to ablink stat

• Options
    there was a cutscene and my first thought was "I can't wait to kill these guys and get those jobs!"

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I need to find some extra money and buy this already.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Guys if you want ablink peeps hit the g&T thread up. Europe got this early. Its hilariously busted.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I've been leveling up jobs as I get them, so I'm not super far yet.
    My Friend code is
    4012 4146 9468
    In case anyone wants another active player sending out attacks and leveling jobs.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So you only get more villagers through Streetpass, right? So I'd basically be screwed cause no one does Streetpass in Springfield IL.

Also anyone happen to know what level Edea joins at? It always annoys me when there's a big level gap in RPGs, need to have everyone even.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    I picked up the two bonus classes. haven't used them yet though as I'm focusing on my main classes yet and they are kinda utility. tiz knight, agnes black mage, ringabel white mage, edea monk. knight is taking too long to get the cover ability from the demo, it would really help.

I should get my fc, I have been avoiding all that stuff because it's op in battles.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So you only get more villagers through Streetpass, right? So I'd basically be screwed cause no one does Streetpass in Springfield IL.

Also anyone happen to know what level Edea joins at? It always annoys me when there's a big level gap in RPGs, need to have everyone even.

You can grab around 3 villagers daily from the save/adventure dudes
    "Update Data"

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edea joins at level 5. you have your full party maybe an hour and a half in, it's quick

• Options
    Gumpy 4313-1547-1743

I'll give you some sweet monk ablinks

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    tried the demo again: I don't think I like bravely default

cowering near the first town because every fight has almost a 50/50 shot of killing at least one party member and the ones who die don't get exp and so I have to restart to keep the levels even and this is the game's fault not mine

NOT MINE

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    So lately, my characters are LVL 18, LVL 4 Monks, right before chapter one, running on hard with +100% encounter rate at >>>>, running on auto.

If my playthrough was a movie, it would be 4 Tony Jaa(s) rushing a fortress and utterly destroying vast waves of unrelenting panthers and soldiers within seconds, all in order to rescue a king.

I know it's going to get harder, but damn are monks destructive at this stage.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    make all your dudes valkryies and beat them down with crescent slash

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

cowering near the first town because every fight has almost a 50/50 shot of killing at least one party member and the ones who die don't get exp and so I have to restart to keep the levels even and this is the game's fault not mine

NOT MINE

The demo is apparently not very representative of the full game.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Just got Bravely Default digital, downloading now. Figured that I didn't need the artbook or soundtrack when my place was too crowded with junk already.

I was not brave, and will not default on my credit card bills. I feel like a failure already.

Friend code's 4914-3225-9474.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Just got Bravely Default digital, downloading now. Figured that I didn't need the artbook or soundtrack when my place was too crowded with junk already.

I was not brave, and will not default on my credit card bills.

Friend code's 4914-3225-9474.

Sounds like you were smart and will be awesome instead!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Jars wrote: »
    ninja?
    of course there's a ninja job and of course it's overpowered

Crazy overpowered. By the end of the game Ninja/Spell sword with some of the Valkyrie skills was doing 9999 6 times a turn with full Brave.

Combined with some Performer support so you can do it again next turn without waiting for 4 enemy turns. It gets kind of silly.

Glad to see it's finally been released over there though, loved this game.

Good. By the end of FFV, Dual-Wield+X-Attack+Counter lets you hit 8 times every round and again any time you are attacked. If this game didn't have some ridiculous cheese available by the end with proper planning it would hardly be a proper Final Fantasy game.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

NOT MINE

The demo was a bit punishing (and VASTLY undersold the game, imo). I'm at about Lv. 20 right now and I've never had any trouble keeping everyone alive through the end of battle (although, Phoenix Downs have come into play several times). However, since they don't start together, they don't level together anyway. I'm not sure it would be possible to get them all evenly matched, so if, for whatever reason, you absolutely cannot play a game with asynchronous leveling, you'll find this frustrating. I'd highly recommend looking past that if you can, though, because everything else about the game is great. For instance, if you are in an area where everything is kicking your ass, you can go to an earlier area, set the encounter rate to +100%, have everyone Brave+4: All-out attack, hit Y to set that as your auto battle, fast-forward through the battle animations, and just run around for a while until you level up. Literally the easiest grinding I've ever seen in a game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    Okay, just started this today, and the intro...
    ...kinda weirded me out, with the way both Agnes and the fairy appealed directly to me, the player. Doesn't help that I find the fairy kind of annoying.
    The gameplay's pretty solid, though.

• Options

NOT MINE

The difficulty curve in the full game is much, much, much smoother, and you have access to way crazier bullshit

Listen

You get a job fairly early on where one of its abilities is to open up an item shop in the middle of battle, buy that item (at the normal price, not an inflated one) and use it

I just want to let that sink in for a bit

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Being OCD about everyone having the same exact amount of experience and job points is likely impossible.

When I'm able to, I always keep everyone equal and will begrudgingly restart if I finish even the toughest battles with a party member downed. Now, I'm free from that burden.

I've been staying up way too long playing this game. It hits all the right JRPG buttons that haven't been used in quite a while. I especially love how it's improved on every detail and mechanic of the genre.

I've just started so using me for abilink shouldn't be game breaking at all. I'm also having fun making my own special attacks with their own special shout outs.

I still have a few spots on my friends list so add me and @ me.

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have a question that may determine if I get this

If I turn random encounters off the whole game will I be unable to beat it because of being underpowered

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, getting this today.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

If I turn random encounters off the whole game will I be unable to beat it because of being underpowered

Yes.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

You could probably use abilink and summon maxed out friends to do some of your dirty work, maybe.

I don't think you'd ever be able to take a hit past the first boss, though, so you'd have to kill everything with the first strike.

So far the game seems like it could lend itself to crazy challenges like the old JRPG days.

• Options

Yes.

Ok cool thanks man

I need to save up for march games anyway

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    there are options to turn off exp and job exp gain for low level runs but I don't know how feasible that is

I always like when there are likes/dislikes like in advance wars

airy
    dislikes: children, ringabel

• Options

Yes.

Ok cool thanks man

The game actually has a warning about exactly this, yeah

You can adjust the difficulty, you can turn off random encounters, you can turn off experience gains for low-level runs, you can do all sorts of things

But in the end you'll need to have gained some levels (and job levels) to beat the bosses

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Yes.

Ok cool thanks man

You can adjust the difficulty, you can turn off random encounters, you can turn off experience gains for low-level runs, you can do all sorts of things

But in the end you'll need to have gained some levels (and job levels) to beat the bosses

It's good they tell you but that would have been too late for me!

Thanks again

• Options
    if you don't like the combat system so much that you can't stand a single random battle then you're not going to like the game anyway

• Options

Yes.

Ok cool thanks man

Thanks again

I don't understand why you'd even consider buying the game if you weren't going to actually play it. Battles are, like, 70% of an RPG.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Yes.

Ok cool thanks man

Thanks again

I don't understand why you'd even consider buying the game if you weren't going to actually play it. Battles are, like, 70% of an RPG.

I really like the tone and art style and everything, its super pretty

• Options
    Fair enough. If I were you I'd wait a couple months then try to find a good LP on YouTube. That way someone else can worry about all that grindy stuff.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Well, if you want to skip as much combat as possible, set yourself up with Arcanist/Black Mage and equip Group Cast All. You Brave once, cast Sleep, cast Twilight, everything dies.

Leave it on auto for every fight afterwards.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I guess I'm still trapped in old school thought but I love random encounters.