As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[US Foreign Policy] A Generation of War

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I get that the Greenland thing is not serious.

But, is it wrong that I'm kind of relieved to be mocking him for something that might not actually have dire consequences?

Couscous wrote: »
    I’m confident this is 10% “take the natural resources” and 90% “Trump made the US the biggest country” (or at the least bigger than Canada)

Just annex the south pole.

You shut your mouth. Do not give that shitgibbon any ideas and remind him that there's anything on the globe down here.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    I get that the Greenland thing is not serious.

But, is it wrong that I'm kind of relieved to be mocking him for something that might not actually have dire consequences?

Couscous wrote: »
    I’m confident this is 10% “take the natural resources” and 90% “Trump made the US the biggest country” (or at the least bigger than Canada)

Just annex the south pole.

You shut your mouth. Do not give that shitgibbon any ideas and remind him that there's anything on the globe down here.

This isn't a joke, ether. Like the outer space treaty, the stateless nature of Antarctica is very fragile, upheld by international law, which the Trump administration has already shown is only as durable as the good faith of it's actors.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    History repeats itself.

or, at least, rhymes.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yeah, so hopefully he doesn’t get it in his head that us landing on the Moon and planting our flag gives us some kind of claim.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Yeah, so hopefully he doesn’t get it in his head that us landing on the Moon and planting our flag gives us some kind of claim.

He'd have to carve his name into it for the claim to stick.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Well that’s what giant lasers are for, isn’t it?

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

Well that’s what giant lasers are for, isn’t it?

uwgm10n5pnqn.png
    ?

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Preacher is Shryke are probably both correct on the Greenland thing. It was probably some stupid shit that he saw somewhere in rightwing bullshit land that he took a liking to and his handlers probably encouraged him to run with it because they felt it might be a good distraction from all the bullshit that their and Trump's ideas have caused.

I honestly think this will backfired because it doesn't seem to be making people forget about all the bullshit and it has become just another thing to mock Trump over. I think anyone with half a brain would realize that neither Greenland or Denmark would be interested in making territorial land transfere deal with a shitbird like Trump at the helm.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    The problem with doing something stupid as a distraction is that it has to be so stupid that it takes over public perception of the idiot in question. It has to be the dumbest thing they've ever said and they have to really double down on it.

Is this even the dumbest thing Trump said THIS WEEK?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    The problem with doing something stupid as a distraction is that it has to be so stupid that it takes over public perception of the idiot in question. It has to be the dumbest thing they've ever said and they have to really double down on it.

He was promoting the Proud Boys, so no.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

Yea but that's expected. "Let's buy Greenland" is unexpectedly stupid.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Good news everyone, Trump had a moment of adulthood and realized the Greenland thing was stupid and dropped it rather than doubling down.

Of course you already know I'm kidding.
    President Trump on Tuesday announced he was postponing a planned meeting with the prime minister of Denmark after she shot down his talk of possibly purchasing Greenland, an autonomous Danish territory.

"Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time," Trump tweeted.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Are you fucking kidding me

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    I guess the surprise item at the meeting was to be the purchase of Greenland? Mette Frederiksen probably was expecting a meeting on fishing rights and a cocktail reception, not a surprise real estate deal.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I love this so much

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Nobeard wrote: »

Doubling down is considered to be bad strategy.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Ladies and gentlemen... the President of the United States.
    :bigfrown:

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Ladies and gentlemen... the President of the United States. Aristocrat.
    :bigfrown:

There. Fixed that for you.

Just.... every day, dumber, crueler, more inept. There is no bottom.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Good news everyone, Trump had a moment of adulthood and realized the Greenland thing was stupid and dropped it rather than doubling down.

Of course you already know I'm kidding.
    President Trump on Tuesday announced he was postponing a planned meeting with the prime minister of Denmark after she shot down his talk of possibly purchasing Greenland, an autonomous Danish territory.

"Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time," Trump tweeted.
    Everybody a few days ago: "The Greenland thing isn't serious."

Everybody today: "Are you fucking serious."

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I mean it's still a bullshit distraction, but no one told that to the man child so he's throwing a tantrum.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    It is both serious (in the sense that Trump genuinely wants to buy greenland) and unserious (in the sense that trump has not the mental faculties, nor determination to take reasonable efforts to make it happen). It's infrastructure week for foreign policy.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    It seems like Trump is having a laugh and getting out of a meeting.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Like all right wing meme culture, it's a joke when you would like it to be and deadly serious if somehow you can get away with it.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Nobeard wrote: »

Doubling down is considered to be bad strategy.

Obviously. Those people could clearly never afford to stay at his tower so he'd just pave their huts and set up strip malls and golf courses as far as the eye can see.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ah yes. When someone refuses to sell you something, you don't have a business meeting with them to maybe try to convince them to see things your way, you just throw a childish temper tantrum instead.

Works every time.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I can't remember the last time Trump did a thing that could not be predicted by simply asking yourself what a stupid, petulant piece of shit would do.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time Trump did a thing that could not be predicted by simply asking yourself what a stupid, petulant piece of shit would do.

I assume the "racist" in that list is silent?

Or you didn't want to use a tautology, given the last clause.

But yeah, the Jeopardy answer to any Trump response definitely seems to be "How can this be handled in the worst way possible?"

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I guess it's kind of a nice change of pace to have him be an embarrassing dip shit about something that's more or less harmless.

Like, ok yeah our international standing just took another hefty whack to the nads but we've about written that off anyway, so sure dude, keep being an idiot about fucking Greenland or whatever for a while.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Soon enough he'll be switching to being an idiot about the economy. So we've go that going for us, which is nice.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Oh my god that tweet is real.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I get the overwhelming feeling that he just didn’t want to go to Denmark cos he’s fucking lazy and doesn’t want to go anywhere far from his fucking golf course

So when his natural stupid rambling nonsense presented an excuse for him to cancel he took it

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    It just so fuckin dumb. Im tired of all this dumb shit.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Put the Denmark thing on the shelf, because it's time to shit out some incomprehensible nonsense about the Jews!

He put this up two hours ago:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164138795475881986

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164138796205654016

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164138797220671488
    Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him.....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for..... all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow!

This coming of course on the tail of Trump stating that American Jews who vote Democrat are "disloyal" or some dumb shit.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Mobile tweets do not embed.

EDIT:
    Also Root, for those not hip to various conservative jagoffs has a tremendous history of Trutherism toward Obama.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    “I’m not saying I’m the Messiah, just putting it out there that some people think that”

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Put the Denmark thing on the shelf, because it's time to shit out some incomprehensible nonsense about the Jews!

He put this up two hours ago:
    Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him.....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for..... all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow!

This coming of course on the tail of Trump stating that American Jews who vote Democrat are "disloyal" or some dumb shit.
    Sleep wrote: »
    It just so fuckin dumb. Im tired of all this dumb shit.

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    You'd think blasphemy would be disqualifying for religious folk but in for a penny in for a pound is where we are at.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    And he's posting at 730 in the fucking morning! Go to sleep you fucking lunatic

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ he's raving

This discussion has been closed.