As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aliens Colonial Marines teaser...AND I WILL TRY AGAIN TYVM

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Captain K wrote: »
    pabh wrote: »
    not to start a flame war or anything, but if the choice is between midi-chlorians spontaneously impregnating someone and somebodies face getting involuntarily raped its rape all the way for me.

I find it easier to pretend the subpar Aliens movies don't exist than to pretend the subpar Star Wars movies don't exist.

this may matter

I may not think that the 3rd and 4th Alien movies are very good, but they at least resemble the canon of the Aliens stuff. I can at least accept them as being within the Alien universe despite wishing they'd been something else.

But the AvP stuff is downright criminal. No joke, somebody should go to jail for making those movies and somebody else should go to jail for licensing out those IPs to Director (or Producer Shithead, or whoever Shithead) Shithead. There's only one good way to deal with that garbage.

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well at least they didn't try to remake Predator with Jason Stratham.

Actually... I wouldn't mind seeing that remake.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    not to start a flame war or anything, but if the choice is between midi-chlorians spontaneously impregnating someone and somebodies face getting involuntarily raped its rape all the way for me.

I find it easier to pretend the subpar Aliens movies don't exist than to pretend the subpar Star Wars movies don't exist.

this may matter

I may not think that the 3rd and 4th Alien movies are very good, but they at least resemble the canon of the Aliens stuff. I can at least accept them as being within the Alien universe despite wishing they'd been something else.

But the AvP stuff is downright criminal. No joke, somebody should go to jail for making those movies and somebody else should go to jail for licensing out those IPs to Director (or Producer Shithead, or whoever Shithead) Shithead. There's only one good way to deal with that garbage.

Oh c'mon. The first one sure but at least the second made them fucking evil creatures again instead of pets and buddy cops respectively. The pregnant woman in the hospital didn't exactly get up and whoop Alien Queen booty if you know what I'm saying. The major problem with that film is it made the humans into the main characters and as such, the aliens were represented as slasher killers. They don't drag people through windows and gut them, they take them away to be impregnated.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jast wrote: »
    Well at least they didn't try to remake Predator with Jason Stratham.

Actually... I wouldn't mind seeing that remake.

If you cover yourself with axle grease the Predator can't grab you

Captain K on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

this may matter

You know I expected more from you - I thought you'd be smarter than this.

Oh c'mon. The first one sure but at least the second made them fucking evil creatures again instead of pets and buddy cops respectively. The pregnant woman in the hospital didn't exactly get up and whoop Alien Queen booty if you know what I'm saying. The major problem with that film is it made the humans into the main characters and as such, the aliens were represented as slasher killers. They don't drag people through windows and gut them, they take them away to be impregnated.

DO NOT defend AvP 2. It is trash of the highest order. If possible, I hate it even more than the first one.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Cherrn wrote: »

this may matter

DO NOT defend AvP 2. It is trash of the highest order. If possible, I hate it even more than the first one.

I liked it more than the first one. The first one being an abortion of the highest order. It had one Predator, a Predalien and lots of aliens wrecking kids and adults alike.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Think about it now. Jason as Dutch, Gene Hackman as the general. That guy from the Marine as Blain. Dude from Dirty as Poncho. Will Smith as Dillon. Billy, Mac, Hawkins and the girl, I don't know.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    no man can follow in Jesse Ventura's footsteps

Captain K on
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Anyone who legitimately likes AvP 1 or 2 (the movies) should be burned at the stake, because they've obviously been meddling in something dark and unnatural. Possible witch craft if one had to guess.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

BUNCHA SLACK-JAWED FAGGOTS ROUND HERE

THIS STUFF'LL MAKE YOU A GOD DAMN SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS, JUST LIKE ME

possibly the greatest line ever

Nuzak on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh wait i forgot one

you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?

Nuzak on
  • Options
    devolvedevolve Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The original script for the movie that was based on the comic book was totally bad ass, where the space marines go to eradicate an alien colony while at the same time a pack of predators go to the same colony for rites of passage. the humans fight the predators and both groups find themselves surrounded by aliens, forcing them to actually work together.

Why the fuck they dumped that script for the drivel they pumped out is beyond me.

devolve on
    detriot.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The biggest problem with the AVP movies is that they took what could have been an amazing suspense-action movie like Aliens and replaced it with (in the first one) a really shitty action movie and in the second one, a really shitty horror movie.

It's unfortunate, because Aliens is probably my favourite franchise of all time. Predator is pretty damn good too, but they completely destroyed both with the really shitty films. And now, if they ever release a really good AVP movie, it will be overshadowed by the two shitty ones and it won't do nearly as well as it probably should.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I always liked Predator 2 more than the original for some reason. Maybe because there's a lot more going on.

Also:
    "Okay. Who's first?"

Then again, I liked AvP also. Not amazing, but better than I expected.
    I've never seen the second, and don't plan to.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hudson, look into my eye.

LOOK INTO MY EYE

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hudson1ug4.jpg

"How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?"

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Secure that shit Hudson.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bill Paxton is the only man to have gotten his shit wrecked by an Alien, a Predator AND a Terminator.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Bill Paxton is the only man to have gotten his shit wrecked by an Alien, a Predator AND a Terminator.

Lance Henrikssen has aswell hasn't he?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DOn't recall him being in Predator.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    xeqzcg.jpg

What's the matter? The CIA got you pushing too many pencils?

Random trivia: Henriksen was originally pegged for the Terminator role. They originally wanted it to be some everyday man that blended in.

But Ahnuld impressed everyone with his robotic acting!

Echo on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lance Henrikson should be in more things. He made Millennium something truly special.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Aliens Vs Predator Vs Terminator (arnold) vs Paxton. Subtitle: Revenge of Bill.

I'd watch that. So hard.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Aliens Vs Predator Vs Terminator

Don't they have a comic on that? I think Dark Horse makes it.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Aliens Vs Predator Vs Terminator

Don't they have a comic on that? I think Dark Horse makes it.

Based on your edit it has no Paxton and thus fails horribly.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DOn't recall him being in Predator.

He was in AvP

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's cheating. Those don't count as the real films.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That's cheating. Those don't count as real films.

fixed.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We're on an express elevator to hell. Going down!

tardcore on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What the Alien/AvP franchise has been doing wrong is not including the Colonial Space Marines.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Darkwarrior, have you ever been confused for a man?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also, let it be known that the best Predator quote is:

"I ain't got time to bleed."

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "You are one ugly motherfucker!"

Shit I need to watch Predator again.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

this shit'll make you a god damnned sexual tyrannasaurus

just like me

Urian on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

If I find the time to pull my massive testicles out of the way so that I can cross my legs in order to better contemplate your question, I shall respond.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "Somebody wake up Hicks."

And as an aside, that's really one of the most subtle ways I've ever seen to show how awesome someone is. You've got everyone else on the dropship yelling and hollering and freaking out. Hicks is taking a nap.

Snake Gandhi on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

If I find the time to pull my massive testicles out of the way so that I can cross my legs in order to better contemplate your question, I shall respond.

You should probably see a doctor about that, it might not be as healthy as you think.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    LamoidLamoid Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The best part of Aliens is in the deleted scenes, those sentry guns man. Sentry guns.
    Where all you can see is the electronic ammo counter going down? Good stuff.

Lamoid on
    Laymoid.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Lance Henrikssen has aswell hasn't he?

I haven't seen AvP so I don't know if he was killed in that or not.

Bishop wasn't actually killed in Aliens - they reactivate him in Alien 3.

DarkPrimus on