As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Babby's first [chat].

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Eating dogs is banned over here, too. We didn't need any foreigners for that to happen, though.

A law I will thoroughly roll my eyes at until eating pigs and crows are banned with the same arguments applied.

I won't. Arbitrary classification seems to be one of the binding ingredients of civilisation.

One of the most important rules of legislation is that nothing should be prohibited without good reason.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I had whale carpaccio last time my mother was in town

it was rather delicious.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    One of the biggest German PC-games sites is currently lamenting the death of crowdfunding thanks to the stunt Sony just pulled. They might be right if other publishers jump onto the wagon (and really, why shouldn't they?).

Crowdfunding wont die, Shenmue was a special case.

Special as a deathknell?
    It certainly doesn't help if a publisher uses crowdfunding as a marketing tool.

It was to gauge interest, how many people were actually willing to but a Shenmue 3 if it were to exist. Everyone in the world can say HELL YEAH I want they needed to see how many would put their money where their mouth is.

Bloodstained did the same thing, prospective investors want to know they are paying for a dud.

In the case of Shenmue Sony's head of 3rd party relations said last night if they were to do it internally it would of been a couple years to get the pitch through all the internal channels if it even would go through at all (remember Shenmue 1/2 were massive factors in what sunk Sega as a hardware company)

• Options
    I would be way more worried about Star Citizen being the catalyst for crowdfunding dying then Shenmue.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    that's a lot of blocks

some quick math says about 33.5 million.

I am beginning to doubt your commitment to Operation Dust Bowl.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    yessssss Space Engineers is getting planets, maybe next week, and they're huge

QOsAN9cl.jpg

from the surface
    l6lOAULl.jpg

the 1000 m/s mod will be necessary because taking 20 minutes to get from "planet fills your whole view" to getting to the surface might be a bit much

Can you kick up extinction-event dust clouds by crashing massive space ships onto planets.

The meteor that killed the dinosaurs was 10 km wide.
    and a hell of a lot slower than a spaceship on full burn

• Options
    broar I don't know who you are anymore.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    One of the biggest German PC-games sites is currently lamenting the death of crowdfunding thanks to the stunt Sony just pulled. They might be right if other publishers jump onto the wagon (and really, why shouldn't they?).

Special as a deathknell?

It was to gauge interest, how many people were actually willing to but a Shenmue 3 if it were to exist. Everyone in the world can say HELL YEAH I want they needed to see how many would put their money where their mouth is.

Bloodstained did the same thing, prospective investors want to know they are paying for a dud.

In the case of Shenmue Sony's head of 3rd party relations said last night if they were to do it internally it would of been a couple years to get the pitch through all the internal channels if it even would go through at all (remember Shenmue 1/2 were massive factors in what sunk Sega as a hardware company)

Yeah, but they actually lied about it. On stage, as far as I know. I hope Gamergate will take them on, because... :P

• Options
    that's a lot of blocks

what's the most powerful explosive block in space engineers, in units of TNT equivalence?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    tl;dr simon killed free willy

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Because with a million million tons of TNT we can replicate the impact.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    that's a lot of blocks

what's the most powerful explosive block in space engineers, in units of TNT equivalence?

I have no idea, I don't own the game.

Hoping it will go on steeper sale.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Fucking working joes man. If they grab you on nightmare it's guaranteed death. The mash 'e' thing only shows up on screen for like two frames before they snap your neck.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

Special as a deathknell?

Yeah, but they actually lied about it. On stage, as far as I know. I hope Gamergate will take them on, because... :P

Yes that is true and should be called out for it.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Having a sex dream before work is annoying.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    yessssss Space Engineers is getting planets, maybe next week, and they're huge

QOsAN9cl.jpg

from the surface
    l6lOAULl.jpg

the 1000 m/s mod will be necessary because taking 20 minutes to get from "planet fills your whole view" to getting to the surface might be a bit much

Can you kick up extinction-event dust clouds by crashing massive space ships onto planets.

The meteor that killed the dinosaurs was 10 km wide.
    and a hell of a lot slower than a spaceship on full burn

Hardly. It came in at 20 km/s.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I apparently forgot to add the 30% off promo code to my Amazon order I emailed them I really hope they will apply it since I did put the order in before the deadline.

$974.80 in games for only 682.36 yes please.

Granted more then a few of them are lare 2016 if not much later

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »

Ingrid in accounting starts to look real good around lunchtime and it's distracting, yeah

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    It's always interesting to see how the company responds to similar events very differently depending on who is involved.

Boring guy that we hired despite initially rejecting because everybody else turned the job down and we were desperately short handed: gets cholera or whooping cough or something and ends up out of the office for two months -> nobody really notices

Hard working, well liked chap spends a night in hospital due to an allergic reaction: there's a company wide get well soon card

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    That kind of Delta-V would get you from cape canaveral to mars on a single tank

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

During work is worse

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I apparently forgot to add the 30% off promo code to my Amazon order I emailed them I really hope they will apply it since I did put the order in before the deadline.

That is a shitload of cash to blow on things that might be awful

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I dunno if anyone posted this but @Deebaser and his wife have introduced babby to the world

Congratulations!!

• Options

*cough* What did you order?!?

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Special as a deathknell?

It's been done before though.

Veronica Mars wasn't fully funded through KS for instance.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

Shenmue is special because it's the first. In five years we'll know if it was unique or a starting pistol.

• Options
    a thousand $$$ worth of video games is a lot of video games
    its like... 5?

• Options
    I dunno if anyone posted this but @Deebaser and his wife have introduced babby to the world

Congratulations!!

Huzzah!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I dunno if anyone posted this but Deebaser and his wife have introduced babby to the world

Congratulations!!

In the background, O Fortuna builds to its satanic climax.

• Options
    but of course i can't judge because i'm planning on spending big money on a f2p game tonight

got me a hot date scheduled with a panda suit

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    That kind of Delta-V would get you from cape canaveral to mars on a single tank
    so like
    enough to get you to orbit, and then a relatively small amount more
    the sort of thing any starship worth its salt could do

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    but of course i can't judge because i'm planning on spending big money on a f2p game tonight

Are the two things related?

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

Are the two things related?
    no more questions
    this interview is over

• Options
    edited June 2015

*cough* What did you order?!?

Metal Gear Solid 5
    Fallout 4
    SW: Battlefront
    Street Fighter 5
    Ratchet and Clank
    Final Fantasy 15
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Star Ocean 5

I dont have to keep them all but A) the canadian dollar is expected to shit the bed even more so I locked them in at their prices now and B) lll get 30% off their lowest price and I can cancel them at anytime before they ship

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'm going digital from PS Store for MGSV, broar

It's a tiny discount ($105AUD, Australia tax), and if it preloads onto my system I can just boot up my console on the 1st and prepare for 72 hours of sitting on the couch, doing nothing but play that game

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

that's because they're dumb

or they want page views

or I guess both

either way: lawl

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Because with a million million tons of TNT we can replicate the impact.

Space Engineers planets are going to be large, as in compared to other things in the game, but not in real terms

I think around 50 kilometers in diameter, although there's nothing stopping you from adding as many zeros as you please

similarly the built in warheads are about as explosive as you would expect a cubic meter of C4 to be (and explosive power does travel along surfaces, so that if you put on on the outside of a ship it will cause much less damage than if one detonates inside a ship, the game also has explosive decompression as of a few weeks ago), but there's nothing stopping you from adding zeros to the magnitude of an explosion

planets, like asteroids, can be drilled, mined, and blown up so you could just blow a planet up presumably?

The coolest thing to me about planets is that most ships people design, big hulking monstrosities, are utterly useless within a gravity well. Even 1G means a hilarious thrust/mass ratio is necessary to keep the thing from falling, so capital ships by necessity must be built in space and stay in space and use landing craft that are mostly engines and reactors to get down to a surface

Most large ships, if landed on a planet, will simply collapse under their own weight as well (you need mods to approximate this effect until planets are in)

• Options
    The trip to new Jersey is apparently actually a trip to somewhere in California.

Probably a better trip, but a real pain to manage the project due to timezones

• Options
    simon i am getting the feeling you are excited for a game

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    It's a weird feeling of just walking out of the office when the network is completely down. But when the damn firewall you need to punch the power button on is hidden and no one in charge of that stuff can explain where, then yeah, hell with it.

This discussion has been closed.