As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Rick Sctoo biggest peice of shit on the planet?

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    The 538 numbers are taking forever to move. It feels like they've been holding steady since last week.

sig.gif
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    7 days ago Trump was 11% higher on the 538 forecast

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Every time Huckabee speaks, he gets dumber.

It's amazing how someone has gone from vile to dreamy in such a short time span.

No, I'm not talking about Huckabee.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Who needs a smile?

Here's Brian Blessed's opinion on Trump.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    The 538 numbers are taking forever to move. It feels like they've been holding steady since last week.

I think it may be possible this is what rock bottom looks like in a modern campaign, and it won't descend much further. At some point, Trump's chances of winning become so low that even many people on the GOP who still disagree pretty vehemently with him won't jump ship because they'll only see their vote as signalling dissatisfaction with Clinton instead of actually risking Trump being put into office (basically, most people's attitudes towards 3rd party candidates).

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular

Why is Portland Red?

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Also AZ just flipped on Polls-only. Honestly I think we're getting to the point where the Now-cast is more predictive.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I think that is just indicating a shift not that it overall is red just that it it changing that direction since the last election.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »
    I think that is just indicating a shift not that it overall is red just that it it changing that direction since the last election.

Garbo. Oregon stay strong buddies.

• Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular

Why is Portland Red?

At a guess, it's because we're comparing a Portland that was all for Obama to a Portland that thinks Clinton stole the primary from Sanders.

You probably don't see that as you go further south on the west coast (and the country generally) because there are more non-white people there to counteract it.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

Pretty much this. There have been comments about how a lot of places are purpling, this data seems to support it.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/4455498-155/editorial-in-the-end-hillary-clinton

The Salt Lake Tribune, Utah's largest weekly (second to Deseret in Sunday circulation) endorses. I do believe they endorsed Obama twice, however.
    Clinton's devotion to making the world a better place for the less fortunate, especially children, has been the core of her whole career. She sees the threats of terror abroad, gun violence at home and climate change globally and has plans to address all of that, and more.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Tarantio wrote: »

Why is Portland Red?

At a guess, it's because we're comparing a Portland that was all for Obama to a Portland that thinks Clinton stole the primary from Sanders.

You probably don't see that as you go further south on the west coast (and the country generally) because there are more non-white people there to counteract it.

That tracks. That little blob of red in the Bay Area is Santa Cruz. Actually surprised Santa Clara County isn't also trending that way, good job Mexicans, fuck you tech bros.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, it's based on demos what the differences should be. Trump is was doing better with uneducated whites than Romney did and Clinton is doing better with, uh, gonna guess R women, than Obama did. Based on that, which way should each county shift? That is what the chart is answering. Well attempting to.

Sorta feel like they'd been working on this for awhile before Trump started chugging the hemlock.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    86 % in polls-only, 90 if held today. I don't even want to think about what he tries throwing out in the third debate.

• Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    86 % in polls-only, 90 if held today. I don't even want to think about what he tries throwing out in the third debate.

Depending on the moderator he may not have to.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

He won't be corrected, the last moderator is the one who doesn't believe in fact checking. This is Trump's prize for getting through the previous debates.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Good map of Ohio- neutral in Cleve-land (where you can't get more blue anyway), and slightly blue in C-bus and Dayton/'natti.

The deep red spots have more cows in them than people.

• Options

He won't be corrected, the last moderator is the one who doesn't believe in fact checking. This is Trump's prize for getting through the previous debates.

Yeah, for the whole process I've been more nervous about moderation than the questions or the candidates' behaviour.

The first two debates acquitted themselves pretty well all told, I'm nervous about anything that could reverse the tide.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    How does he have no ground game? Surely there are people in his campaign who have run a campaign before? Surely God Emperor Trump cannot have decreed to his camp that "there shall be no ground game" and all have meekly obeyed? Surely he can't micromanage it all to that degree?

I mean... how? Seriously?

Not that I'm sad about it, mind.

Grifters gonna grift.

Also, he skated through the primaries by having the media do all the heavy lifting. I'm sure he figured he'd coast through the general doing the same thing and pay himself money off the top.

he skated through the primaries on a bunch of crazy voters. the media showed every inch of how insane he is and the republican primary voters loved it.

Trump never had to run any ads because the media fully allowed him to do phone interviews in a manner they never extended to anybody else.

He got all that free publicity and was able to atract all the crazies because of it. If he was trying to reach undecideds and fence-sittings democrats, the same strategy was not going to cut it against an opponent willing to go to the mattresses to crush him.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Yeah, for the whole process I've been more nervous about moderation than the questions or the candidates' behaviour.

The first two debates acquitted themselves pretty well all told, I'm nervous about anything that could reverse the tide.

She'll definitely have a target on her back, but it's a Fox News debate. Considering how far the viewing audience dropped between debate 1 and 2 I'm guessing it'll have even less for debate 3 and that's mostly going to be Trump Supporters wanting to see her get "roasted"

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I wanted to show some support for the work the Washington Post has done, but i also didn't want to spend $100 on a subscription so I did a search for deals. Lo and behold there is a deal for Amazon Prime members. Free digital subscription for 6 months then $4 a month after that. Sold.

If you don't have Prime, you can also subscribe to the digital edition for the duration of the election for $0.99 (total).

https://subscribe.washingtonpost.com/acqbeta1/#/offers/promo/digital07

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    God damn. I heard on the morning radio show around here someone coming on to defend Trump. Well, no no not "defend Trump" he'd never defend Trump obviously Trump's statements were horrific and he could never defend them BUT have you considered Bill Clinton probably abused women? Sure he's not running but... you know. You know basically even, return to start!

So good to know that people can see the choice as between a candidate advocating indiscriminate sexual abuse and a candidate who has a pretty concise platform for supporting working families and still struggle mightily with the appropriate response.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    How many people watched the second debate anyhow? I heard whispers it would even be higher than 80 million because of the Trump Tapes.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Every time Huckabee speaks, he gets dumber.

I feel like this deserves a new hashtag. Like #BadHuckabeeAnalogy or something.

"Hillary is like Johnny in Shinning. Trump is the chef that comes to save the family. #BadHuckabeeAnalogy"

Someone with Twitter make this happen.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    How many people watched the second debate anyhow? I heard whispers it would even be higher than 80 million because of the Trump Tapes.

66 million is the number I think I saw.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/#popular-vote

LA Times poll swings back to showing Clinton in the lead.

Remember when the answer to "What polls show Clinton in the lead" was "all of them?" We're back to that point.

Says who?

• Options
    glimmungglimmung Registered User regular
    Yea, it's based on demos what the differences should be. Trump is was doing better with uneducated whites than Romney did and Clinton is doing better with, uh, gonna guess R women, than Obama did. Based on that, which way should each county shift? That is what the chart is answering. Well attempting to.

Sorta feel like they'd been working on this for awhile before Trump started chugging the hemlock.

I also think that this also reflects areas that lack minority populations.

• Options
    NinotchkaNinotchka Registered User regular
    The third debate is the Faux News debate, but I'm wondering if Chris Wallace is going to be as friendly as the Trumpies seem to assume.

He is Mike Wallace's son. He has never quite gotten out of his father's shadow.

Ailes is no longer his boss. The new Faux seems to be more in the Bush Republican mold than the Trumpublican mode.

There's a part of my mind that holds out hope that Wallace could surprise us. Although he did flourish in Ailes' locker room, so it's also possible that they hold Access Hollywood-like tapes on him too so he'll try to softball the whole show.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

Why is Portland Red?

That tracks. That little blob of red in the Bay Area is Santa Cruz. Actually surprised Santa Clara County isn't also trending that way, good job Mexicans, fuck you tech bros.

Yeah. Asheville, NC is another super-super-liberal city near the west edge of NC, and that area's reddish pink as well. I never thought I'd resent the far left as much as I do. Voting Trump because you think Bernie got screwed is cutting off your head to spite your nose.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    It's a shame they're not letting Megyn Kelly moderate the debate. I would love to watch Trump's head explode, live, on Fox News.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/10/florida-question-suggestions.html

PPP taking suggestions for questions for a Florida poll.

I feel like they're doing something meta.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Early voting has started in Ohio.

People are obviously not enthusiastic about voting for Clinton.

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    jmcdonald wrote: »

AC with the truth bombs

i think he's still pissed about Sunday
    Kellyanne is far and away one of the most impressive(ly shameless) campaign managers I've ever seen. From an objective standpoint, she is easily a top tier spin artist and promoter, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if there is an under-the-table running competition among journalists to catch her off guard and get her to freeze up. Like Jim Acosta catches Anderson in the elevator and says, "Hey, nice one with Kellyanne today! What was her response time man, like 0.4 seconds? Nice."

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I wonder whether Trump will get into the next debate without some kind of new scandal over his head, or whether further tapes are being saved for closer to election day.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Early voting has started in Ohio.

People are obviously not enthusiastic about voting for Clinton.

Ground. Game.

This discussion has been closed.