Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Someone on here was doing voter registration is Washoe County and said they were going well, do they have updated numbers?

That was me. Haven't been able to do it the past couple weekends as I've been having health problems. Will let you know if I'm able to do it this week.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Zampanov wrote: »
    I think a lot of the talk going on here with political assassination and Rambo Clinton is weirder than even this weird ass election

The Iron Abuela does not Rambo, she Ripleys.

reVerse on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm

I'm allowed to be a bit excited at those Utah numbers, right?

Cause.

They kinda got me excited.

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    I think a lot of the talk going on here with political assassination and Rambo Clinton is weirder than even this weird ass election

The Iron Abuela does not Rambo, she Ripleys.

*bullet points Alien fanfic*

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I'm

Cause.

Utah with 6 EVs was never a big help for Trump but he can't afford to lose anything.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    but

I want it to be blue.

Don't take this fantasy from me.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I'm

Cause.

Utah with 6 EVs was never a big help for Trump but he can't afford to lose anything.

I want to say Utah going blue isn't about the EVs, so much as the trophy factor for taking the single most reliably Republican voting state.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    You have a good point.

But, what about Ohio and its 18 EVs?
    Clinton leads Trump, 48 percent to 38 percent, with 14 percent unsure, in a direct match-up, the poll found. When the two minority party candidates are added to the mix – as they are on state ballots -- Clinton leads by 9 percent, 43 percent to 34 percent.

The Baldwin Wallace Community Research Institute poll began at 11 p.m. Sunday, less than a half hour after the second debate concluded, and ended at 7 p.m. Tuesday. It surveyed 1,152 likely voters across the state, with quotas to make sure that the survey sample matched up with the state's age and gender breakdowns. The margin of error is plus or minus 3 percent.

26 1/2 days BTW.

Absalon on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So is it too early to ponder the outcome of the Third Debate?

I suspect if Trump will win any debate it will be that one. By merely matching his performance in the first debate in the second it feels like he was given more points for that, so he may get even more. Meanwhile the rhetoric from the moderator saying it's not his job to fact check and his being on Fox News makes me think Hillary will face her most hostile environment yet.

Not that his victory is assured, or even that anything but a crushing victory would realistically improve his chances in time for the election, but I think it's important to take that into account.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Speaking of sharks, apparently a friend of mind just came up with this:

14650514_10102635038843103_8663412918999664362_n.jpg?oh=7d57d02d4c934fe4181821c9f8d102f1&oe=585FD12D

• Options
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    His debate performance depends a lot on what new bombshells drop between now and then. He's already figuratively holed up in his office shooting at his own staff

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I'm

Cause.

It kinda doesn't matter, though. The binary option is Hillary gets 270 EVs or she doesn't - Hillary 268 Trump 259 (Utah and NM go 3rd-party) means Trump wins in the House.

• Options

I may be missing context, but this feels more like "don't expose your children to Anti-Russian propaganda"?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Cold War 2. The sequel nobody wanted.

• Options
    edited October 2016

I may be missing context, but this feels more like "don't expose your children to Anti-Russian propaganda"?

The other day Obama made a statement about how they're mulling over a proportional response to the DNC hack. This was shortly after things really heated up in our proxy war in Syria.

Giggles_Funsworth on
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/#popular-vote

LA Times poll swings back to showing Clinton in the lead.

Remember when the answer to "What polls show Clinton in the lead" was "all of them?" We're back to that point.

• Options

The other day Obama made a statement about how they're mulling over a proportional response to the DNC hack. This was shortly after things really heated up in our proxy war in Syria.

If this was a prelude to something concrete, wouldn't they be a little more specific? I have no idea how much notice of a, for want of phrasing, global recall will be taken.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Isn't it better to put some EVs in speed?

• Options

If this was a prelude to something concrete, wouldn't they be a little more specific? I have no idea how much notice of a, for want of phrasing, global recall will be taken.

Nah, I don't think so. I imagine the options being considered aren't kinetic, so that leaves economic sanctions, or some kind of counter espionage. Specificity would only serve to show his hand, I'm actually surprised he said what he did.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

But what is the virtue of a proportional response? They hack the database and we DDOS one of their websites, right? Thats a proportional response?

Sorry - couldn't resist :)

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    Also according to comments on that thread the advisory was for adults as well.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ludious wrote: »
    Cold War 2. The sequel nobody wanted.

You say that but think of all the cool spy movies and novels it would give us.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Utahns: FUUUUUUCK.

Clinton 26
    Trump 26
    McMullin 22
    Johnson 14

As a religious voting bloc, Mormons put the money where the mouths is.

None of this "broken vessel" shit. Trump is the most un-Christian man walking the Earth.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

Clinton 26
    Trump 26
    McMullin 22
    Johnson 14

None of this "broken vessel" shit. Trump is the most un-Christian man walking the Earth.
    mormon church also disendorsed Trump recently

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

Clinton 26
    Trump 26
    McMullin 22
    Johnson 14

I've always really appreciated that about the Mormons. Even if they're regressive as fuck in some ways there's very few hypocrites among them (which makes them astoundingly progressive in others).

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The man's had 3 wives, he's run at least one MLM scam, what else do they want?

Piety?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    If Jesus came back right now and judged the world by republicans and Donald trump we'd be fucked

• Options
    If Jesus came back right now and judged the world by republicans and Donald trump we'd be fucked

I think the consensus is Jesus judges on a case-by-case basis, thankfully.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

What about Raptor Jesus?

• Options

What about Raptor Jesus?

We'd be left feeling really

Dinosore.

• Options
    He'd call his dad and say he's talon on us all

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've always found the alpha beta whatever bullshit stupid, but man Trump and Billy yeah textbook alphas those two.

you know it's possible to be rich and powerful without being an asshole

Consider Mark Cuban and Warren Buffett, both of whom love to poke Trump about what actually being rich looks like.

As someone who lives in Dallas, Cuban is still kind of an asshole.

Absolutely, but he's currently using his asshole powers for good. Like that time when [insert comic book villain] did [that thing] in [relevant place].

• Options

Birds of a feather flock together[/pun hijack]

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've always found the alpha beta whatever bullshit stupid, but man Trump and Billy yeah textbook alphas those two.

you know it's possible to be rich and powerful without being an asshole

Consider Mark Cuban and Warren Buffett, both of whom love to poke Trump about what actually being rich looks like.

As someone who lives in Dallas, Cuban is still kind of an asshole.

Absolutely, but he's currently using his asshole powers for good. Like that time when [insert comic book villain] did [that thing] in [relevant place].

Doctor Doom ,helped find survivors, NYC 9/11

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

I saw him in a clearing and I wasn't sure what to do so I just stared. And he stared right back. And that's when the judgement happened, not from the front but from the sides. With two Dinopostles I didn't even know where there.

• Options
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    How does he have no ground game? Surely there are people in his campaign who have run a campaign before? Surely God Emperor Trump cannot have decreed to his camp that "there shall be no ground game" and all have meekly obeyed? Surely he can't micromanage it all to that degree?

I mean... how? Seriously?

Not that I'm sad about it, mind.

Grifters gonna grift.

Also, he skated through the primaries by having the media do all the heavy lifting. I'm sure he figured he'd coast through the general doing the same thing and pay himself money off the top.

he skated through the primaries on a bunch of crazy voters. the media showed every inch of how insane he is and the republican primary voters loved it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    how can the utahpeople betray the johnson for mcmullins

this is a fkin disgrace

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    how can the utahpeople betray the johnson for mcmullins

this is a fkin disgrace

because they can give more votes to mcmullins. Mormons have a sacred tradition of only one johnson per family

This discussion has been closed.