Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

12627282931

Posts

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited January 12
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy was furious at Miser's shit.

    "I don't need anyone babysitting me.
    I was fine where I was, you see.
    Unless you want to let me know who is trying to end my unlife,
    Stop telling me there are boogie men out there with knives."

    Lizzy turned her attention to the conversation at hand.
    "I think I remember a chop shop for a local gang.
    Although they are less interested in vans and more into mustangs."
    Let's get this going again! Day 4 and we are only 8 months away from playing for 2 years!

    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Intelligent+Streetwise
    Let's see if Lizzy knows a chop shop for real.

    Intelligent+Streetwise:
    5d10o10h8 2 [5d10o10h8=7, 8, 1, 8, 4]

    Grunt's Ghosts on
    Boozer
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The nearest one that comes to mind is in Lower Manhattan, though the area(and management) is questionable at best.

    (I was on the verge of hitting the drawing board for a new campaign this very hour, too.)

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The nearest one that comes to mind is in Lower Manhattan, though the area(and management) is questionable at best.

    (I was on the verge of hitting the drawing board for a new campaign this very hour, too.)
    Nah, let's keep this one going. Even if we need to switch from this to something else, I still want to play.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Happy to stick around as long as I'm needed. No big deal if things need to move in a different direction though.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "They were ready for us. Was it just a general paranoia, or are we just screwed every which way?"

    Max doesn't actually deal with violence well. Not yet, at least. Panic is.. well if he had a good look, that wouldn't be it.

    "Those eyes, though. I think we have to face that whatever is threatening the clans is significantly more prepared than we gave credit"
    I have been enjoying this, myself.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Maclay wrote: »
    Happy to stick around as long as I'm needed. No big deal if things need to move in a different direction though.
    Depends on the players, I'm fine with whatever. The scene moving forward does require interaction from key figures, so I want to be sure everyone's still active. @Boozer's been MIA for a while, for instance.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Boozer bought a house and I can tell you from experience your time just starts slipping away when you do. I'm still around if he's ready to get back into it, though.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Personally, I'd put this more on everyone but who we were aiming to kill." Danny casts a glance at Miser before continuing. "We were rushed, under-informed and didn't have nearly as much backup as we were banking on." He stares out at the street ahead of them. "Chop-Shop should be fine. Two smaller vehicles might even work to our benefit at this point, if we can swing it."

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex just nods silently along with the others. The overwhelming opinion was that they were underprepared, but he wasn't about to voice the fact that there was one political figure who kept sending them in that way. He would need to tread carefully still, even if everyone agreed, that doesn't mean they were safe with each other. Vampire politics tended to lean towards maneuvering on a constant basis.

    "Chop shop is fine. Whatever gets us out of this thing so that we have a chance at maybe staying untracked for a bit"
    Sorry! I thought I had been checking this forum daily but somehow missed that this picked back up a couple days ago

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "I'll go along with whatever our experts on criminality suggest here," Deke says. "But this does mean that while we accomplished a goal, I'm not sure it will be considered the goal any more."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The area of the first garage that comes to mind is a veritable gauntlet of decrepit buildings as well as scattered homeless, criminals, or a combination of the two. It doesn't even seem to be open, since a rusted metal door is firmly closed over the entrance and the windows are barred shut... though a cracked neon sign hanging off a broken hinge seems to suggest otherwise.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Okay, I kinda like the idea of a couple of us going in with the rest out here covering the perimeter, but I don't much mind what side of that I'm on, so I'll volunteer to go in if noone else is feeling it. Lizzy, you suggested this place, so I don't know if you want to run this or what."
    Danny didn't have much experience with this particular subculture, but he'd been in favor of getting new wheels for a while now so it made sense to play an active role if that was going to advance the process at all. Lookout was more his speed though.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    Boozer bought a house and I can tell you from experience your time just starts slipping away when you do. I'm still around if he's ready to get back into it, though.

    Apologies for faling off the planet. In addition to the new house stuff, I also just had my second kid! I am, in fact, a madman.

    Anyway, enough with the excuses. I’ll try and catch up/post ASAP.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
    cj iwakuraMaclayFencingsaxArdentPowerpuppiesAustinP0027Grunt's Ghosts
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy stepped out of the van and nodded.
    "I've never dealt with this guys before.
    Maybe it should just be me knocking on the door."

    She made her way to the door and ring the buzzer, knowing damn well that she was going to be looking down the barrel of a gun next.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog sat through the car ride in a stunned silence after their short lived victory, barely reacting to the sudden arrival of Miser.

    Alex was right, getting rid of the SUV, reporting in, and contacting Emmett were the right next moves.

    The biker got out of the vehicle with Liz, intending to back her up at the chop shop. Once she mentioned wanting to go in alone to avoid a spooking the management, he hung back at the SUV and tried texting Emmett.

    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    There's a pause, then the door jerks back sharply, and a haggard looking old man peers through a crack in the door from just above a rusted chain. It doesn't seem like it would take more than a sharp kick to knock it off its hinges, something that he's likely well aware of.

    "The hell you want? Band doesn't play tonight."

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max tries to organize everything that has happened in his head the last couple of days. The Brokerage is going to get... impatient] if he doesn't file a full report soon. He also suspects that the entire Camarilla is being set up, and they are under much graver threat than they realized.

    the nos are going to regret if they are the last clan standing. No sewer will be deep enough to be considered safe. It is curious that no ultimatum has been delivered yet, although total war isn't exactly a surprise. Max muses as he watches Hailion approch the door.

    at what point do we get desperate enough start doing the unthinkable? Do we carry on to our end?

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy smiles and says,
    "Not looking to book any sort of band.
    I just need something more low-key to swap for that van.
    No, it's not hot,
    But it's becoming a bit too easy to spot.
    I'm hoping you might be willing to trade.
    Something equal or even a downgrade."
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Manipulation (3)+ Finance (2)

    Manipulation (3)+ Finance (2):
    5d10o10h8 0 [5d10o10h8=4, 4, 6, 6, 5]

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Great. I'm just gonna walk the block, make sure we get some advance warning of incoming bullshit." Danny seeks out the shadows and looks for any sort of unnatural threat that might be headed their way.
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Wits, Stealth, Obfuscate
    Geth roll 8d10o10h8 for Perception, Alertness, Auspex

    Wits, Stealth, Obfuscate:
    6d10o10h8 4 [6d10o10h8=9, 2, [10, 1], 3, 9, 8]
    Perception, Alertness, Auspex:
    8d10o10h8 2 [8d10o10h8=6, 8, 4, 7, [10, 4], 3, 5, 7]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited January 26
    "You got your wires crossed, babe. Do you see a sign that says Crazy Eddie's Used Car Emporium? I sure as shit don't, and I got no use for that scrapheap. You want something fixed, show some green or get to the gone."

    @Maclay
    You get the feeling this is occupied territory, the type that is run by exclusively one gang, and you gather that a lot of unseen eyes are fixed on your coterie.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny messages one of his teammates. Avoid provocation. Locals antsy and all eyes on us. He felt a slight sense of security in that cops likely steer clear of a neighborhood like this and any intelligent threat wouldn't want to risk the kind of breach that bringing their fight here would provoke. Danny continued his circuit before settling not far from the group ready for something to go wrong.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "I figured your favorite color was green."
    Lizzy pulls out her billfold and pulls out all the cash.
    "I hope this is the color that you mean."
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Manipulation (3)+ Finance (2)+ Resources (1)

    Manipulation (3)+ Finance (2)+ Resources (1):
    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=9, 1, 4, 5, 6, 8]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Now you're speaking my language." The man unhinges the chain, pulls the door open, and starts counting with a satisfied grin. "I might got somethin' you can use, if your posse ain't picky." He yells something in Spanish towards the back office before turning back towards Lizzy. "Otherwise I'll have to make some calls, how tight a deadline you folks on?"

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "We aren't picky.
    Just something low-key."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    "Low-key it is." The man yells to the back, someone else yells in return, then he yells again. "Give it about five minutes. I'll need yer keys to that hunk of shit. Take out whatever you don't want or won't miss, you ain't getting it back. Comprende?"

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Deciding it was more important to finish up this deal and leave ASAP, Danny moves away from his watch position and goes to help the others unload their gear.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    Deke busies himself unloading the SUV. It's not a lot of equipment, but it will still probably fill a sedan's trunk.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max helps the unloading process. They are already losing a van, they don't need to lose the rest of their stuff.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Shortly after the coterie begins clearing out the van, a Cutlass Ciera with a faded white exterior pulls up, appearing older than the man who answered the door. Another man in his mid 30s gets out and tosses a key to whoever catches it. "Aqui esta." Without waiting for an answer, he goes over to the van. "Vamanos, andale."

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex helped the others clear out the van, happy just to be move away from whatever curse that thing was dragging with it as they were out. He watched as a older car pulled into the lot, the driver getting out and toss the keys towards them. Alex caught them, and had to remind himself why they had abandoned their previous vehicle for what looked to be a step down. I don't even know if we'll all fit in that thing. he though.

    Nevertheless, they needed to get going, so he walked over to unlock the truck so they could begin loading all of their things into their new mode of transportation.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Not exactly subtle to cram six grown adults into a car like this, but I guess we can manage for now. If Miser decides to hitch a ride with us again someone's goin' in the trunk." Danny decided he would probably try to find something extra if he got a little downtime. He helped Alex load the gear before resigning himself to the back of the car.

  • ArdentArdent Registered User regular
    "Just worry about the bags. A few of us can walk if it comes down to it," Deke says quietly, putting one of said bags into the trunk. "Or call an Uber."

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Lizzy nodded to the old man and got in the new car.
    "So now what do we do?
    Because I am guessing this shit isn't through."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Report in. Get treated like crap. Have our concerns dismissed. Receive some cryptic direction to do something under a strict time limit." Danny starts casually picking at a fingernail. "Any of you want to try taking a different tack so be it, but I think I'm starting to get used to it, so no big either way."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "Then why are you doing this?" Lizzy asked Danny.
    "I realized that being crazy is our thing but what is it that I missed?
    Are you that desperate for companionship that you let someone treat you like crap?
    Follow Bulldog and get dragged across the map?
    And what for? What do you get from this personally?
    To be a pawn and suffer constant misery?"

    Lizzy looked at the group.
    "As long as you play lapdog to the Prince, you'll never find truth.
    If you want to find it, stop telling her your moves and be a sleuth.
    Get it in your head that anyone in power is a possible suspect.
    Unless this is all to win her respect.
    Then you should just bend over and be a Yes Man.
    But I choose to play different cards in my hand."

    "Take me to my workplace" The Malkavian said as she plugged headphones into her ears.
    "I'm not going to see whatsherface."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny responds despite the obvious dismissal, partly for himself and partly for the remainder of the group.
    "Hell, if the people in charge, whoever they might end up being, can give me any sort of meaningful guarantee that I won't be hunted down or snuffed out, then I don't see any reason not to walk. Julia's in charge right now and no one in a position to challenge her is talking to me about it, so until things change I'll just keep doing my damn job. I'm under no illusions that certain people might not be trustworthy, but right now I got no secrets to keep but suspicions and there's no point delving into those until I'm reasonably sure the people I suspect can't watch my every move."
    Her Majesty was probably somehow listening in right now, and Danny was regretting being a little too open. On the other hand, if someone else was listening, someone with aspirations, maybe they'd take the hint.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex gripped the wheel tighter. He didn't disagree with Lizzy but he also wasn't seeing a great way out of it at the moment. He had serious questions about leadership, but no clear options for their little group to easily step outside their control. A portion of his annoyance was also with Lizzy herself who was happy to indict them for following the flow, but didn't do much herself to suggest other options short of 'ignore all leadership'. They had to find a solution, but one that kept everyone alive.

    "How about this. We find someplace secure and call in our findings. I don't see a specific reason we should show up in person, and hopefully at this point we're a little more untraceable. If we're going to dig into this more, we need a little more freedom no matter what, so let's try this out and see what we get. If the Prince objects strongly, we'll need a new plan."

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    "Yeah. Yeah." Danny appeared uncertain. "We drop Lizzy, then go wherever. 'Secure' feels like a pipe dream at this point, but if we wanna go somewhere out of the way..." He was having trouble getting the words out. "I guess we could... My place? Maybe one of you can offer something better. But y'know, if it's the only option. Just start heading north. I'll get more specific when we get closer." He could feel something akin to nausea bubbling up, still a chance someone else could suggest something... Time for a change of scenery? Once this was over, without making any more enemies. Fingers crossed.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max shrugs. "They're obviously trying to pin this on somebody, and right now, we're the closest bodies. I say we call in, and figure it out from there. My place, unfortunately is not secure. Staying as close together as possible seems to be the play, at least for right now"

    Max doesn't really care at this point, but he sees something of a pattern in how they've been treated thus far. From the back seat, he texts the Brokerage a summary (makes sure to mention the glowing green eyes) when no one is paying attention.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited March 13
    "I agree, we play this out for now," Bulldog said, finally coming out of his reverie. "No need to give up your spot Danny. We can crash at one of my holdout pads, there are always more shitholes where that came from. My place should be off the Cam's radar, but I wouldn't put money on it with how easy we've been to track so far." the biker added.
    Back at work after paternity leave, so it should be easier for me to keep up now.

    Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
Sign In or Register to comment.