Options

What is the strongest animal that [chat] can take on bare-handed?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Mim wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    you do have to hand it to Italy: they're not England

Italy gave us carbonara, art, and hot people.

What has England given us

tikka masala, shoegaze, and hot people

Are they as hot as italian people

maybe now thanks to climate change

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Chanus
    The Spice Girls

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2021
    This is maybe the most likeable England team in living memory. A quiet, humble, progressive manager, a team who take the knee before every game and run public campaigns to force the government to give free meals to poor kids, all working class boys who got where they are through talent.

Anyone hating the team itself is probably a piece of shit.

Bogart on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Chanus
    Patrick Stewart
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Roger Allam
    John Finnemore
    Stephen Merchant
    John Oliver
    David Mitchell

Okay, you got me at Stephen, and John O.

David seems like he’d look at me as an idiot and I would not find that appealing.

Benedict looks like a spliced lizard, and Patrick Stewart….Idk I respect him too much

Mim on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus

Tikka masala was Scotland

yeah i think shoegaze was technically Ireland depending who you credit it to

wtf is England good for

• Options
    Chanus

Okay, young Italian people. I know they age terribly thanks to all that sun. But it’s not like the English age well themselves even with all that overcast.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Bogart wrote: »
    This is maybe the most likeable England team in living memory. A quiet, humble, progressive manager, a team who take the knee before every game and run public campaigns to force the government to give free meals to poor kids, all working class boys who got where they are through talent.

I have very much enjoyed the usual suspects hating on the England team for taking a knee early on in the tournament not being able to join in on the festivities without other people pointing out that they're pieces of shit

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Chanus

wtf is England good for

three lions on a shirt

• Options
    Chanus

wtf is England good for

Absolutely nothing.

Like War.

Good god, y’all

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elephant
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 101.

But now we'll never know 'What is the strongest anime that [chat] can take on bare-handed?'

• Options
    Chanus

Okay, young Italian people. I know they age terribly thanks to all that sun. But it’s not like the English age well themselves even with all that overcast.

i was going more for a direct temperature joke but i hadn't even considered this angle

• Options

I have very much enjoyed the usual suspects hating on the England team for taking a knee early on in the tournament not being able to join in on the festivities without other people pointing out that they're pieces of shit

Almost all of the sacks of dog excrement who were criticising them are now trying to hoist their sweaty carcasses on to the bandwagon before it gets too far ahead.

• Options
    Hmmm this [chat] is almost done. It’d be an abuse of mod power to take the next one myself and make it about England, wouldn’t it?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    but speaking of, bits of the country falling off doesn't just mean swiping away houses or blocking roads, there's also this, which will at some point happen

https://youtu.be/sIj4v8TfnyU

but that does fit my idea that you're not "in them" either you've left or you're dead (the movie thing about the movie's plot is that something something plausible enough reason for the layman that they fail to predict the rockslide ahead of time - in reality they're fairly certain they'll be able to tell in time - but the rest of it is real. At some point Åkerneset will fall into the fjord and ten minutes after that a wave the size of the one in the trailer will delete Geiranger. Fun!

I'm pretty sure they expect a Cascadia quake will do something like this to Seattle. It'll be fun (tm).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gorilla
    Mim I got a weighted blanket and it's pretty nice.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Chanus
    Kamiro wrote: »
    The Spice Girls

They had two good albums and Ginger Spice is now the UK equivalent of a republican!

• Options
    Yes, a real abuse of power, like something an absolute bastard from a country filled with bastards would do.

• Options
    Chanus
    Hmmm this [chat] is almost done. It’d be an abuse of mod power to take the next one myself and make it about England, wouldn’t it?

I enjoy corrupt power displays, go for it

• Options
    Chanus

who's going to stop you

• Options
    Chanus
    I woke up today and chose violence

• Options

who's going to stop you

Not Denmark, that’s for sure.

• Options
    Chanus
    Mim I got a weighted blanket and it's pretty nice.

i really hate mine. it fucked up my back and the glass beads kept slipping out through the stitching and getting all up in my bed

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elephant

who's going to stop you

9d6e6038b75181cca6ed350ad721a759--timeline-photos-enemies.jpg

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I worry England will be like the cubs winning. It's going to crack reality some how.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

I think there's a proportion of ABE types who have decided that honour is satisfied by the availability of Sterling's dive as a pub counter argument, so don't mind if they go on to win because it's not a "real" victory

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I am pretty passive about The Big Quake

I think this biggest problem will be busted infra and you'll have the national guard handing out water cause the mains don't work

But heh I also bought a house most definitely not on a hillside.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Chanus

We were promised a page 101.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Chanus
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I worry England will be like the cubs winning. It's going to crack reality some how.

or maybe mend the breach?

surely an uptick in nationalistic sentiment from England couldn't have dire consequences

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gorilla
    I am now one week into no longer using chewing tobacco and I'd prolly tell ScarJo to go fuck herself if she bristled me the wrong way.

fucking meditation only goes so far.

I just had a big glass of milk and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich though so that helped a lot.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Brody wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    i've never done a drug harder than a marijuana cigarette but someone i know described ecstasy as "taking a loan from the happiness bank that you repay with interest" and i always thought that was a great description

I got pretty big into x for about six months before I met my wife (I was pretty big into everything six months before I met my wife tho) and I still miss it to this day but I haven't had it in 16 years.

God knows what the shit I was getting from Atlanta in 2005 was actually made of though. Probably recycled batteries.

I've probably told this story before but about a decade or so ago a friend of mine randomly texted me on a Saturday night and the convo pretty much went:

"Hey hi!"
    "Hey, what's up?"
    "You smoked weed right?"
    "Uh, yeah it's been awhile but sure."
    "Ok so can I ask you a question?"
    "Of course"
    "So I smoked for the first time last night and now I'm still high is that normal?"
    "Wait, how long as it been since you stopped?"
    "Um, pretty long. Over a day I think?"
    "No... no that's not normal. ...wait, hold on"
    *googles the growth in potency of weed over the last 15 years*
    "Ok, so that's apparently a thing now. A dumb thing that shouldn't have happened because what the fuck. But whoever gave that to you as your first experience with it is an asshole. Also you might be high for another half a day."

This was 100% me in Vegas two years ago when I went to a dispensary and just asked for something mellow to watch cartoons in the hotel room and I was given a vape pen that wrecked my shit and I tossed it after.

I really want to try getting high with people who are actually used to doing this. I'll feel fairly fucked up after some edibles, but it doesn't matter how hard I hit this pen I'm not sure I'm getting fucking anything.

are you actually drawing into your lungs or just into your mouth and then blowing it out?

i guess question 0.5 have you ever smoked anything before?

No, but I'm pretty sure I'm not fucking it up that badly. Sort of a mouth, then lungs type of approach, as has been suggested to me by other people.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Chanus
    I am now one week into no longer using chewing tobacco and I'd prolly tell ScarJo to go fuck herself if she bristled me the wrong way.

I just had a big glass of milk and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich though so that helped a lot.

just think about how you won't have to tell her to go fuck herself with a hole in your lip

• Options
    Chanus

Why would you tell a pregnant woman to go fuck herself

That just seems uncouth

• Options
    Chanus
    i've never done a drug harder than a marijuana cigarette but someone i know described ecstasy as "taking a loan from the happiness bank that you repay with interest" and i always thought that was a great description

I got pretty big into x for about six months before I met my wife (I was pretty big into everything six months before I met my wife tho) and I still miss it to this day but I haven't had it in 16 years.

God knows what the shit I was getting from Atlanta in 2005 was actually made of though. Probably recycled batteries.

I've probably told this story before but about a decade or so ago a friend of mine randomly texted me on a Saturday night and the convo pretty much went:

"Hey hi!"
    "Hey, what's up?"
    "You smoked weed right?"
    "Of course"
    "So I smoked for the first time last night and now I'm still high is that normal?"
    "Ok, so that's apparently a thing now. A dumb thing that shouldn't have happened because what the fuck. But whoever gave that to you as your first experience with it is an asshole. Also you might be high for another half a day."

This was 100% me in Vegas two years ago when I went to a dispensary and just asked for something mellow to watch cartoons in the hotel room and I was given a vape pen that wrecked my shit and I tossed it after.

I really want to try getting high with people who are actually used to doing this. I'll feel fairly fucked up after some edibles, but it doesn't matter how hard I hit this pen I'm not sure I'm getting fucking anything.

are you actually drawing into your lungs or just into your mouth and then blowing it out?

No, but I'm pretty sure I'm not fucking it up that badly. Sort of a mouth, then lungs type of approach, as has been suggested to me by other people.

yeah the easiest way is to basically just inhale twice

could be dud shit or something else, i dunno, that was just the easy first solution

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

who's going to stop you

bbav6cj8untu.jpg

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Chanus

"Hey hi!"
    "Hey, what's up?"
    "You smoked weed right?"
    "Of course"

I would suck until I couldn’t anymore

Not…not that I have done weed if you’re watching me, Big Brother

• Options
    Chanus
    JebusUD wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

who's going to stop you

bbav6cj8untu.jpg

His edges are laid, but the hair in the back were severely neglected. Humidity can be a bitch though

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

and shoegaze was irish

• Options
    Chanus

Why would you tell a pregnant woman to go fuck herself

That just seems uncouth

why she coming at him like that when the man is clearly under emotional duress

• Options
    Chanus

and shoegaze was irish

i was going to say Hugh Jackman instead of Daniel Craig as a joke and decided not to but think that would have been the better choice given the rest of the list

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

"Hey hi!"
    "Hey, what's up?"
    "You smoked weed right?"
    "Of course"

I wonder if something is going on mechanically like the heating element isn’t correctly making contact with the cartridge as you screw it in

Vapes aren’t super visible when you exchange but are you seeing any cloud at all when you exhale?

Also an obvious one probably but if you’re not seeing anything when you exchange have you tried unscrewing and rescrewing just to be sure it’s fully threaded in

This discussion has been closed.