Options

The sorting [chat]

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    y2jake215 just come to RL grime summerstage show

chance the rapper oct 23

barring that, whenever

ooo
    Oh wait I'm in LA then

Me too :O

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I'm having some type of bizarre pain where it feels like icy daggers are being pushed into my rectum.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    As I was getting out of the car to take the train this morning, I said "good bye, I love you" and my son said "I love you" back for the first time. This kid. There is nothing like being a dad.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I think this Dismaland thing is interesting, if perhaps a bit too cute.

#Banksysoldout

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I am surprised people are shitting on the new R&M

I really enjoyed it!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    10nxmrb.jpg

• Options
    @21stCentury

@ anyone else $5 +shipping per

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    As I was getting out of the car to take the train this morning, I said "good bye, I love you" and my son said "I love you" back for the first time. This kid. There is nothing like being a dad.

do you wife and son drive you to the local train station?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I am surprised people are shitting on the new R&M

I really enjoyed it!

To me it was just the first episode where having random names and songs or whatever felt lazy instead of funny

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Delmain wrote: »

do your wife and son drive you to the local train station?

Just the kid.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Sadly missed about half of Summerslam last night before getting in. Caught the tail end of Cena/Seth and the rest so I missed Amell. Hopefully it will be on replay today and I'll try and pvr it so I can catch the rest. Loved Taker/Brock right up until that stupid finish. :\

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

#Banksysoldout
    I am interested in seeing if and how it gets vandalized.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I am birthday!

I am also in work, this blows.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HerrCron wrote: »
    I am birthday!

I am also in work, this blows.

I have not worked on my birthday for fifteen years.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Delmain wrote: »

do you wife and son drive you to the local train station?

Yes. Almost every morning.

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »

#Banksysoldout

I'd figure vandalism would be a feature, not a bug

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

#Banksysoldout

There are two layers of security as we pour in: real and fake. The fake security is one of the funniest moments of the day. Created by Californian artist Bill Barminski, it consists of cardboard X-ray machines and tables of cardboard objects supposedly taken from visitors. But this joke about modern security systems does not change the fact that before you enter Dismaland you do actually get your bag thoroughly inspected by very real security guards who asked one visitor if he had any knives or, get this, spray cans. All graffiti in Dismaland is official graffiti.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I imagine there are a lot of things similar to being a dad.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    feral literally all i know about modesto is that some good looking white couples murder each other there

It is hard for me to separate my experience of high school from my experience of Modesto.

At the very least, it is a town where you need a car (the bus system is notoriously terrible) and I didn't have the money to buy one as a teenager so even if I had tried harder to get laid, I would have had anywhere to actually do the deed.

One of the nice ways in which age has brought perspective and serenity is in the realization of how some of the stuff I wanted back then was out of my hands because of factors I didn't have a huge amount of control over. Like, I was lucky enough to have a few close friends, many pleasant acquaintances and no enemies, but I didn't date and I wasn't getting invited to parties, and that burned. But in retrospect, how could I have? I was a poor kid in a rich suburb where everyone else got a car on their 16th birthday; I had to drive the family van until I was almost nineteen. I didn't have money to go out with, and I didn't have a job to get money, because I spent four nights a week halfway across town with a controlling mother who would lock me in the house sometimes.

So I've learned to forgive myself a lot of these "regrets." If I could go back, I'd basically want younger me to learn to study harder and not stop exercising, but mainly because of how those would help me in 2015 than because they would have been a life-changer in 1996.

The thing I would do, though? I'd explain to myself that not getting laid in high school isn't a referendum on one's worth as a human being. That sure would have cleared up a lot of confusion.

I know chat has come and gone in the night but i saw this just now and it speaks to me.

That's something that has bothered me since high school, and i don't know if I'll ever really let it go. It made me who i was when i met my wife, and while I'm distancing myself from that benchmark its still the benchmark.

My wife and I are basically unrecognizable from the people we were 8 years ago, but I'd be lying if memories from before, or especially people still in my life from that period, aren't the source of a lot of pain even now.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

#Banksysoldout

There are two layers of security as we pour in: real and fake. The fake security is one of the funniest moments of the day. Created by Californian artist Bill Barminski, it consists of cardboard X-ray machines and tables of cardboard objects supposedly taken from visitors. But this joke about modern security systems does not change the fact that before you enter Dismaland you do actually get your bag thoroughly inspected by very real security guards who asked one visitor if he had any knives or, get this, spray cans. All graffiti in Dismaland is official graffiti.
    Well yeah.

It would be kind of hollow if there was no challenge to it.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm having some type of bizarre pain where it feels like icy daggers are being pushed into my rectum.

Nothing like an anal fissure to wreck your day.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The thing I would do, though? I'd explain to myself that not getting laid in high school isn't a referendum on one's worth as a human being. That sure would have cleared up a lot of confusion.

Ugh, yes

I knew, intellectually, that I shouldn't feel compelled to lose my virginity, but the knowledge didn't make the feelings of inadequacy and shame go away.

Some of the worst feelings came from places that were trying to be supportive and positive about it.

"Don't sweat it! Everyone develops at different rates, and it'll just happen when you're mature enough!"

yeah I guess I am less mature than my friend's hillbilly cousin who got a girl pregnant in seventh grade that's fucking great thx

A lot of the current feminist discourse about male entitlement to sex rings hollow to me because it is written from the point of view of women and underestimates just how much young men are taught that their personal value comes from sexual prowess.

I keep feeling like I want to write about it in a more serious venue but I really don't want to put my real name behind it.

I had a half-cocked theory about that which i tried to articulate once or twice but you expressed it much better than i ever did.

Nobody wants to hear a depressed college freshman talking about "sexual economics"

What a fucking nightmare

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Also, my son bought DB: Xenoverse on the weekend.

I...may have played more then he has thus far. >_>

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

I seriously kind of doubt that.

And I say this as someone without kids who likely will not have any - there is a certain emotional and biological "thing" around parenthood that seems fiercely unique to other obligations and responsibilities. It is one of the low-level aspects of our programming centered around continuation of the species.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I've read a couple of reviews of the Banksy thing, and they deem it a hollow experience. A place to go to say you went there, rather than a place to go to see things.

I've never really taken to Banksy.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    syndalis wrote: »

And I say this as someone without kids who likely will not have any - there is a certain emotional and biological "thing" around parenthood that seems fiercely unique to other obligations and responsibilities. It is one of the low-level aspects of our programming centered around continuation of the species.

I have my dogs and I love my dogs, if I had kids I would love them too. totally similar.

• Options
    i have no idea what i did while drinking the other night but my traps are really sore like i was lifting or really tense for ages

• Options
    I only noticed this now because i didn't move around enough yesterday for it to be an issue

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I hit a level of wrestling excitement last night that I can't even describe

ohmygod

still not over it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I had a pet rock once. Basically the same as being a dad, except he never gave me any sass.

So, better, really.

• Options
    I've read a couple of reviews of the Banksy thing, and they deem it a hollow experience. A place to go to say you went there, rather than a place to go to see things.

I saw Exit Through the Gift Shop and it was kind of eh. Seemed a bit self indulgent

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    i have no idea what i did while drinking the other night but my traps are really sore like i was lifting or really tense for ages
    Did you have some creepy European sex with what very well might have been a lady?

• Options

i fucking love that twitter account about being roommates with Banksy

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I don't even know who Banksy is.

/superhipster

• Options
    4C1InL4.png

• Options
    The only person who really bothered me in high school was a dude in my racquet sports class who was your typical braggadocious bully who would gloat over their victories and refuse responsibility for their losses, and loudly in both cases.

The class had a doubles tournament during the badminton section and I was paired up with a kid who tried his best but just wasn't great, so we lost the final round to loud dude and his friend.

Everybody had to listen to him the whole tournament, and his crowing only intensified as he crowned himself god emperor of badminton, so when I challenged him to fite me 1v1 irl bro the teacher agreed that we could and we played a match for the class.

He managed to get 1 point, I think, and when he started whinging about how unfair it was the teacher told him to shut up.

Then we moved onto tennis and I was awful at that but eh.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I have my dogs and I love my dogs, if I had kids I would love them too. totally similar.

. . . You are categorically wrong here. But you won't know how wrong you are unless you have kids so this isn't really a discussion worth having.

• Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I don't even know who Banksy is.

/superhipster

I was following Banksy back when he was still Nigel Bankingston-Willoughsby

not anymore, though

he totally sold out

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Did you have some creepy European sex with what very well might have been a lady?

if by "creepy european sex" you mean "on an airbed in my friend's family dining room", then yes

This discussion has been closed.